7aaa for Sept. 28 games

nrgrizzlies

Have a question about a call in the Smyrna/Blackman game. Smyrna got called for an unsportsman like penalty after a big tackle for a loss on Blackman. Kid got up and celebrated. Ref threw the flag at the point on the field in which he thought the penalty had occured which was nearly a ten yard loss on the tackle. So when it was all said and done they marched the penalty off from the original line of scrimmage instead of the spot of the foul. They should have marked it from the spot of the foul on an unsportman like foul correct?

I'm pretty sure if it was marked wrong, it may have cost Smyrna the game. icon_rolleyes.gif

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can name two games where the officiating was NOT good and did have something to do with the outcome of the game.

Oakland got a raw deal at LaVergne. LaVergne got a raw deal at smyrna. It's smyrna's turn to lose one that way, except they won't even be close against Siegel or Oakland. Maybe they lose to Ravenwood on a bad call or two. See how they like it if it happens.

Senior night at both Oakland and Siegel for the two remaining smyrna road games? What's the over/under on how many pick-6's smyrna QBs throw in those two games?

I can name two games where the officiating was NOT good and did have something to do with the outcome of the game.

Oakland got a raw deal at LaVergne. LaVergne got a raw deal at smyrna. It's smyrna's turn to lose one that way, except they won't even be close against Siegel or Oakland. Maybe they lose to Ravenwood on a bad call or two. See how they like it if it happens.

Senior night at both Oakland and Siegel for the two remaining smyrna road games? What's the over/under on how many pick-6's smyrna QBs throw in those two games?

I dont know how many they will throw. I am sure that they will throw a few more before the season's end. But what I am real sure of is that you are having so much trouble letting it go. I have never seen or heard of someone holding a grudge like you. Here I will help the healing process. LAVERGNE GOT A RAW DEAL IN THE SMYRNA GAME. I hope this helps the process. Let me know if I can help you further. If Smyrna gets a bad call and losses the game I can assure you I will not be on here complaining about how it cost us the game. Truth be told the reason we would have lost would be due to other reasons like dropped passes or holding penalties or fumbles. We need to improve on the areas that we can control and not get wrapped up in the areas we can't control. So I don't know what to say about your hatred of Smyrna and Smyrna fans. But it is obvious ,by your many posts, that it has consumed you.

Edited by milo118

smyrna has already paid there dues when it comes to officiating when they lost in the opening round of the playoffs at franklin last year because the refs didnt know OT rules and cost smyrna a chance at probably there last run at a gold ball for a few years, and lets be real here your wolverines were the benefeciaries when the refs gave them a free untimed down right before the half @ riverdale friday night which the wolverines got a td, as the clock was running lavergne tries to hurry up and line up to spike the ball but had a false start after the clock had already went to zero

Edited by oldschooldawg30

smyrna has already paid there dues when it comes to officiating when they lost in the opening round of the playoffs at franklin last year because the refs didnt know OT rules and cost smyrna a chance at probably there last run at a gold ball for a few years, and lets be real here your wolverines were the benefeciaries when the refs gave them a free untimed down right before the half @ riverdale friday night which the wolverines got a td, as the clock was running lavergne tries to hurry up and line up to spike the ball but had a false start after the clock had already went to zero

Grizzlies knows what happened in the playoffs last year. He/she is trying to have a bit of fun and see what buttons can be pushed. We are down this year. And grizzlies has been waiting for a long time for this moment and has had to endure all of that pinned up frustration and anguish. I say let grizzlies have some fun. It won't last long. Besides I dont think the untimed down gave LaVergne any advantage last Friday. Did it Grizzlies?