Class AAA Playoffs 5A & 6A after week 5

mjuhb

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Catholic might be out of the play-off picture in 5A by the end of the year. If they lose to Lenoir City and West (will more than likely lose to Maryville and Bearden) that will be 6 losses, with 2 to the only 5A teams in their District. If they are out who would likely fill that spot?

If Oak Ridge's only loss is to Maryville they should get a higher seed, I would think. D-B would be a tough draw for them in the first round for a one loss team. Maryville is not a district game. If O.R. wins out (and they should) they win their district. They will not get a #7 seed. At least a #4 or at best a #3 (Don't see Dobyns-Bennett losing).

Catholic might be out of the play-off picture in 5A by the end of the year. If they lose to Lenoir City and West (will more than likely lose to Maryville and Bearden) that will be 6 losses, with 2 to the only 5A teams in their District. If they are out who would likely fill that spot?

If Oak Ridge's only loss is to Maryville they should get a higher seed, I would think. D-B would be a tough draw for them in the first round for a one loss team. Maryville is not a district game. If O.R. wins out (and they should) they win their district. They will not get a #7 seed. At least a #4 or at best a #3 (Don't see Dobyns-Bennett losing).

oldhick76 eye cain tell yore smart feller....After we finnish tha raglar seesun call me that nite and tell me hoo Mairvul weal bee playin'.....Caws laist yeer eye stayed upp all nite and startid cyferrin and figgerin' and haid us playin att Red Boilin' Sprangs tha furst rownd....huh.png

oldhick76 eye cain tell yore smart feller....After we finnish tha raglar seesun call me that nite and tell me hoo Mairvul weal bee playin'.....Caws laist yeer eye stayed upp all nite and startid cyferrin and figgerin' and haid us playin att Red Boilin' Sprangs tha furst rownd....huh.png

Stars, as far as smart goes, my twin daughters stopped taking my offer for help with homework when they where eight. They would say, politely or condescendingly (I can't always tell which), "No Thanks, Dad...I'll just ask Mom." Speaking of Red Boiling Springs, I'll be there this Saturday. I'll ask 'em if we could play them in the first round, if that is OK with Mr. Childress. That way we can plan ahead. If he says okay, does our new scoreboard have the capability of three digit scores?

I do hope we get to play at home (more band money and our new field on TV). But before that, Bearden is really smart! Win Science and Math competitions just about every year. We recruited a bunch of Math teachers from there several years ago. Got our ratios up. Maybe they can help us win this Friday's game and calculate the play-off implications.

You keep the boys fired up this Friday. I will be recruiting in Wilson County (FCS vs. TC). I heard FCS has a 5 Star QB with one year of eligibilty left in High School. Thought he might like to relocate to Blount County, get a closer look at UT Knoxville. He could be our back-up when teams leave their starters in the whole game.

Stars, as far as smart goes, my twin daughters stopped taking my offer for help with homework when they where eight. They would say, politely or condescendingly (I can't always tell which), "No Thanks, Dad...I'll just ask Mom." Speaking of Red Boiling Springs, I'll be there this Saturday. I'll ask 'em if we could play them in the first round, if that is OK with Mr. Childress. That way we can plan ahead. If he says okay, does our new scoreboard have the capability of three digit scores?

I do hope we get to play at home (more band money and our new field on TV). But before that, Bearden is really smart! Win Science and Math competitions just about every year. We recruited a bunch of Math teachers from there several years ago. Got our ratios up. Maybe they can help us win this Friday's game and calculate the play-off implications.

You keep the boys fired up this Friday. I will be recruiting in Wilson County (FCS vs. TC). I heard FCS has a 5 Star QB with one year of eligibilty left in High School. Thought he might like to relocate to Blount County, get a closer look at UT Knoxville. He could be our back-up when teams leave their starters in the whole game.

oldhick eye nose all abowt tha twin dawters.....Fer tha laist 19 yeers....Thair skool werk don't envolve block sandin', garbige cain dumpin' etc....So eye ain't much hep....

Once eye git warmed up on tha cyperrin tha Beer-Den teechur recroots mite bee obseeleet.....rolleyes.gif

If'un tha boy and hiz famlee nead xcellunt garbige servuss send 'em on...popcorneater.gif