McMinn Co. -vs- Walker Valley

TribeFan

Kelvin's father did all the paperwork with the TSSAA before the transfer, and he was ruled eligible before he changed schools. He lived in McMinn County and was just attending Walker Valley. There should be no problem with his eligibiltiy. Go Tribe!

Section 13. Ineligible Transfer Students.

The following transfer students are ineligible for a period of twelve months from the student's last

participation date (these provisions do not apply to students who have no athletic record for the previous or

current school year):

a. A student who transfers without a bona fide change of residence by his/her parents;

b. A student who transfers as a result of a change of residence is ineligible unless (1) the old residence

is outside the territory of the new school, and (2) the new residence is both outside the territory of the

old school and inside the territory of the new school;

c. If a student has been ruled eligible as a result of a change of residence, and the parents or guardian

return to the former residence before the student has been enrolled in the new school for one

complete school year (or twelve months if the transfer occurred during the school year), the student

will be ineligible for twelve months from his/her last participation date; 2012-13 TSSAA Handbook

Page 15 July 18, 2012

d. If a student has satisfied all other requirements for eligibility but was under discipline at his/her former

school, the student shall be ineligible at the new school for twelve months or until the disciplinary

charges have been removed, whichever is less.

If the ineligible student has an athletic record for the previous or current school year in football, basketball,

baseball, girls softball, or track and field, the student is ineligible in all of these sports. In all other sports,

ineligibility applies only to the particular sport in which the ineligible student has an athletic record for the previous

or current school year.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa, that don't make him eligible. There's a long list that has to be met. Just because he lives in McMinn Co doesn't matter. Better go look at the rules

He lived in Charleston with his grandparents and mom until September/October of last year. He moved to McMinn during school year then attended McMinn this year which he is now zoned for. Totally legal move.

Edited by FBFan2001

Kelvin's father did all the paperwork with the TSSAA before the transfer, and he was ruled eligible before he changed schools. He lived in McMinn County and was just attending Walker Valley. There should be no problem with his eligibiltiy. Go Tribe!

That is what I thought, but did not know from first hand knowledge. And I would have thought that we would have heard a lot about this if things were not taken care of correctly much sooner.

Are you really just hoping that this boy is ineligible? Because to me, that is lame! Of course his family (and I imagine his coaches) would make sure he was eligible. It is his senior year, and no one would want to spoil that for this young man, or for this team.

Not sure sho you are talking to on that one.

As for myself I have no ax to grind on this one. I only hoped it was done correctly and in a timely fashion so that there would be no controversy. That is something no one needs, and McMinn County certainly didn't need the same situation as Signal Mountain found themselves in last year.

Just because a subject is discussed doesn't mean we all wish ill to someone.