Wilson Central v. Portland

PantherTown

Since we have played WC, Hville, and Beech. I can easily go with Beech. I thought last night in the Beech game it would be closer than many people had thought. Hville was a very good team when we played them and have improved since the year started. IF WC lets their emotions get away with them, like they did us last night, then yes Beech will have a very large night against them. WC is a very big team as well, just like Hville is. But, I will give the better D to Hville than WC. As far as the refs go last night, they were certainly better than the group the Freshmen had the night before against us. After all we did have a 70 something yr old man ejected cause he told the refs they must be replacement refs, lol. Now when a ref on the field hears this way up in the stands, well his mind isnt on the game. Last nights, yes missed calls both ways, but, they were some of the better ones we have drawn this year. Honestly. As someone else posted that was a huge grab for the #17 freshmen, and I will have that photo along with 1700 other photos later on my facebook page. They are for anyone. The biggest down fall WC had last night was in the first half when their emotions got away with them, that cost them, I think over 80 yards in penalties. I still dont understand why they booed our players when they went out at half time, but, I understand it was from the student section, but still. WC did pull out the win in the last two minutes and that has to be huge in any players life, it was a whale of a ball game, and by far the best Portland has played in years. Still amazes me, we had 40 dressed out for varsity last night, and most going both ways, cant imagine having close to a hundred on a team. Its bad enough we are in 5A but to also play 6A, well, that is just a stretch and why we were so proud of our kids last night. I will say the same for this game as our Freshmen game. I think it would have been better for everyone (both teams) if WC and Portland had used 2 assistants each as refs, and let the boys play. Im am just thankful it was a safe game for both teams, Good luck the rest of the season to both. Whoop whoop!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic