Battle For The Brown Jug, Lewis @ Hickman

LewisCoPanthers

Good Post LCPanther exactly what I saw there are just a handful of players that want to be out there and the rest are just there. I Have said it all yr go back to fundamentals and learn how to tacle there were so many bad tackles out last night and the play calling was horrible they should have ran between the tackles all night and quit running the sweeps left and right in this game and the page game they had speed on the outside and matched. Hickman was by far a lot smaller team but had more heart. Then when we get behind and have to throw to the outside all night to someone who is scared to hit or get hit and only plays when they want to I feel sorry for most of the seniors 2 in particular who play their hearts out. They need to go to the 3 step drop on some slants and throw to the people who are not scared to get hit and run up the gut a little more I didnt see any draw plays at all last night. Another thing the Fans need to get into the Game more and make some darn NOISE for these kids it is like we are all asleep out there at times and need to show more support I get into it so much I loose my voice. The Boys need to hustle to and from the Huddle as well and show more urgency

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have the same non noise problem here. It is very disheartening. I know players enjoy hearing the crowd cheer for the team, but unfortunately the majority like to pay money to come socialize. I will say that when we took on Page last year and were behind until the last few minutes of the game, that the noise was the changing factor and gave the boys the adrenaline to step up and take the win. I am proud that our seniors got the W last night, it has been way overdue. Our seniors can say they finally beat Lewis Co in their high school career. It was a evenly matched team, although Lewis had some big players, but I think heart took it and we wanted it much more. We have so much respect for The Lewis Co football program and how the whole town gets behind them, maybe someday we will get to that level of support.

We have the same non noise problem here. It is very disheartening. I know players enjoy hearing the crowd cheer for the team, but unfortunately the majority like to pay money to come socialize. I will say that when we took on Page last year and were behind until the last few minutes of the game, that the noise was the changing factor and gave the boys the adrenaline to step up and take the win. I am proud that our seniors got the W last night, it has been way overdue. Our seniors can say they finally beat Lewis Co in their high school career. It was a evenly matched team, although Lewis had some big players, but I think heart took it and we wanted it much more. We have so much respect for The Lewis Co football program and how the whole town gets behind them, maybe someday we will get to that level of support.

Yea bulldog, unfortunately the last few years you have had a few parents who cut Coach Sharp's legs out from in under him. Bad mouthing, with players in the presence. Which puts doubt in their minds and doesn't help Coach Sharps credibility. If the guys don't believe in the coach then you'll be hard pressed to get them to give their all. You get a few parents voicing their opinion and it spreads like a cancer throughout the system until eventually everyone is just going through the motions, and blaming the coach for their short comings. Take Giles for example, do you really think they support their guys bc they're good? Sure a few do, but they're that much better bc everyone over there supports them and believes in what they're doing. Until parents stop babying there kids and patting them on the head and telling them, "it's ok, it's that stupid coach sharps fault" or " they should've ran this" then we'll continue to have sub par teams. It takes everyone.

We've had that very problem here when Coach P was here. I had listened to it so much that I got to voicing my opinion and made a few enemy's along the way. No person with any creditability should sit in the stands or on the sidelines running their mouths about any coaches. 90% of the bad mouthers has never stepped foot on the football field, and the ones that has think they know what's better for THIER child. As I have said to those that disliked Patterson, those coaches are not out there coaching to lose games and would probably give their eye tooth to be able to suit up and take that field one more time. Players have to play for their coach and their team and fans need to support both as a whole. There is no I in Team! Wise old man was spot on in his post! Quitters never Win and Winners never Quit even when your losing.

Spot on....thumb[1].gif

Some of the best high school teams in the country run the T. Giles has much respect for

coach Sharp and his staff.

Parents are raising a generation that is filled with wussies. You are either a part of something

bigger than yourself or you become a loner blaming everyone else for your failures. Now kids just quit when it gets tough. They are learning it from their parents and the parents allow it. If you

start it by God you finish it irregardless if its football, band, fund raisers or bagging grocery's. When you quit once you will be a quitter for life! thumb[1].gif

This is a Football Board. If you ain't tough enough to fight to be a member of the club then click on

the darn cheerleader board! icon_twisted.gif

I honestly can't believe I'm saying this, but that post was spot on! Especially the generation of wussies part.

Spot on....thumb[1].gif

Some of the best high school teams in the country run the T. Giles has much respect for coach Sharp and his staff.

Parents are raising a generation that is filled with wussies. You are either a part of something bigger than yourself or you become a loner blaming everyone else for your failures. Now kids just quit when it gets tough. They are learning it from their parents and the parents allow it. If you start it by God you finish it irregardless if its football, band, fund raisers or bagging grocery's. When you quit once you will be a quitter for life! thumb[1].gif

This is a Football Board. If you ain't tough enough to fight to be a member of the club then click on the darn cheerleader board! icon_twisted.gif

Truer words have never been spoken

Unfortunately parents like that are just part of it. I don't like either of course but there's just always parents like that. During my playing days at page I heard the same things from a few parents every week when I came out of the lockerroom after games. Of course there are a few parents with my teams and most parents avoided them and didn't want anything to do with them. Unfortunately it sounds like a large majority of yalls parents are doing that at lewis which is a shame. I also am disappointed to hear of your Lewis county's team and there effort. In this years game against page y'all had plenty of chances and could have beat us but it was just like some of your guys through the motions and didn't care which is not what I remember from most previous teams. Hope y'all can get that fixed.

Unfortunately parents like that are just part of it. I don't like either of course but there's just always parents like that. During my playing days at page I heard the same things from a few parents every week when I came out of the lockerroom after games. Of course there are a few parents with my teams and most parents avoided them and didn't want anything to do with them. Unfortunately it sounds like a large majority of yalls parents are doing that at lewis which is a shame. I also am disappointed to hear of your Lewis county's team and there effort. In this years game against page y'all had plenty of chances and could have beat us but it was just like some of your guys through the motions and didn't care which is not what I remember from most previous teams. Hope y'all can get that fixed.

You and me both bud. But unfortunately, most of them are totally oblivious to the fact that they themselves are the problem. It takes a lot of harsh self evaluations, of which most won't bother to take the time to do, and the rest will just lie to themselves and put it off on someone else. I just hate it for that select few who really do give it everything they've got every week, like Benson and Halfacre.

Edited by LewisCoPanthers

...but it was just like some of your guys [went] through the motions and didn't care which is not what I remember from most previous teams. Hope y'all can get that fixed.

Ok. Let's try to fix.

We had almost a dozen quit before the season started. There are another dozen who play baseball/basketball who refuse to play for Sharpe. And at least 2/3 of the current team would vote Sharpe & staff out right now.

Yet, somehow, the issue here is parents raising wussie kids.

Really?

Are dozens and dozens of young men and their families that wrong?

I'm not going to get into specifics on what has been going on within the program the past couple of years, not on a public forum. But we need to face facts: Sharpe has lost control.

Just imagine what kind of team we could have if the boys had someone who inspired, someone they and the community could rally around.

Look, Sharpe's a good man, he had a good run. Y'all can put a statue of him up front of the school if your so inclined.

But it is way past time for some new blood.