Battle For The Brown Jug, Lewis @ Hickman

LewisCoPanthers

bulldog3509 must be Patterson's mother, because she is constantly talking about how great a coach he is. It is funny that he is fired and Hickman Co. is headed to back to back postseason appearances. You are doing the same thing you are blaming current Lewis Co. players and parents of doing--pointing the finger at someone else.

The downfall of Lewis Co.'s program started 4 years ago when the reclassification began. Lewis was forced to play a much tougher schedule than they have previously done under Sharp. As a result more L's and less W's.

No District 12aa...I am a former player of Patterson's, and have remained close friends with him since. Yes, I will defend him and talk about how great of a coach he is. He is an excellent coach. He was not fired here in HC, he left as well as many teachers and other staff have left because of a particular reason. Other coaches who have left because of the same reason were two other assistant football coaches, and the head basketball coach. Also 5 or 6 teachers have already resigned. Patterson also took our team to post season appearences. One of which was my senior year. Where have I pointed a finger to? I was defending Lewis County coaching staff. It is not the coaching staff's fault Lewis is on a down this season. It is the fault of the entire team. They have had their big runs...it is part of a cycle. They will be back on top sooner or later. I support the coaching staff that is here now, Rewis is a great coach, yes a more experienced coach than Patterson, considering Patterson only has a few years worth of head coaching experience. I like you 12aa....because each time you hit "Post" you make yourself sound ignorant. rolleyes.gif

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still a little dumbfounded at the fact that Johnson didn't play and HC still beat Lewis. No offense to the rest of HC but that guy IS 80% of their team on both sides of the ball. And I thought Marshall was down......... 😳

He's a little less than 80% of the team...he sits at 800 something rushing yards in the season...while our Qb sits at a little over 700 yards passing. And one of our Wr sits at around 650 rec yards..and 7 touchdowns. Defensively, that same Wr I believe leads the team in tackles; interceptions, and interception for touchdowns....HC is a little more diverse than just our RB. He is a great leader and athlete...but looking at stats...he's no where near 80% of our team..

He's a little less than 80% of the team...he sits at 800 something rushing yards in the season...while our Qb sits at a little over 700

yards passing. And one of our Wr sits at around 650 rec yards..and 7 touchdowns. Defensively, that same Wr I believe leads the team in tackles; interceptions, and interception for

touchdowns....HC is a little more diverse than just our RB. He is a great leader and athlete...but looking at stats...he's no where near 80% of our team..

The passing/receiving yards would be much less if not for teams having to load the box to stop Johnson. The kid is a stud. You take him away, they're no where as scary of a team. No disrespect to the other guys, because there are some good ones, but that's just how it is.

Good point. But they played a pretty great game Friday night against lewis without him, and they were without his younger brother who is the safety. Your right though...having him in the backfield does open up the pass game

tremendously.

I wasn't surprised of the outcome until I heard that Johnson was out. So yes, I would say that they did. Sounds like several guys must have stepped it up. I say all of this not knowing a thing about Lewis. In your opinion, what's Marshall's chances against them this week?

Pretty good id say. We had johnson against marshall, and 4th quarter they stepped their game up and almost came back to win. Marshall is one of the more talented teams I've seen this year. It should be a good game to watch. Lewis is talented though in the backfield. bad passing game though. Shut down the run and you win the ballgame. Qb is a shifty guy as well.

You're missing the point. Those guys who quit showed their true colors. Those are the guys, that when it comes nut cutting time, fold like a lawn chair. "SHARP"(since you obviously know enough about him to spell his name correctly..not) doesn't have control because he's got guys like you who get on here and run your mouths about how the program should be run, tearing it down and cutting his legs out from in under him, when you should be building him and the team up. You were very likely just like the guys that quit and were more worried about getting your feelings hurt because you didn't like getting yelled at when you screwed up than you were staying together with your team and giving everything for a win. But being the know-it-all that I can tell you are, will refuse to believe you are wrong and that "all of us just don't understand the situation." Tell me something, how many practices have you gone to this year? You should seriously consider the fact that te guys on the team get on here and read this and just the fact that you post is detrimental to the team. You missed the boat completely, go back and re-read everything that was said. You think we're all wrong?

Great post LCP.