Battle For The Brown Jug, Lewis @ Hickman

LewisCoPanthers

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok BigSwan. Tell me what kind of offense Alcoha & Riverdale run? Like them Coach Sharp has a system. The system is made up of many parts. A very small part is the parents & arm chair quarterbacks. As a parent your job is to enforce the belief to the young men that working hard together as a TEAM will not only translate into wins but also teach discipline and commitment to a cause. To those who decided to play other sports. They are not football players. They are quitters and will now for the rest of their lives look to take the easy road out.

"And at least 2/3 of the current team would vote Sharpe & staff out right now." It's football. It's not an election. You either support you coach, school, and community or you don't. If you don't then get the heck out!! If you want a coaching change you do it in January. After that you support the man and the man's plan. Or raise a wussie! thumb[1].gif

Lewis is really starting to resemble how east hickman acts toward their coach. Come on guys. Sharpe has been doing this.forever. Do you really think you know whats better for the team? Every team.is.going to have a bad year at some point. Respect the system and let it run its course

Ok. Let's try to fix.

We had almost a dozen quit before the season started. There are another dozen who play baseball/basketball who refuse to play for Sharpe. And at least 2/3 of the current team would vote Sharpe & staff out right now.

Yet, somehow, the issue here is parents raising wussie kids.

Really?

Are dozens and dozens of young men and their families that wrong?

I'm not going to get into specifics on what has been going on within the program the past couple of years, not on a public forum. But we need to face facts: Sharpe has lost control.

Just imagine what kind of team we could have if the boys had someone who inspired, someone they and the community could rally around.

Look, Sharpe's a good man, he had a good run. Y'all can put a statue of him up front of the school if your so inclined.

But it is way past time for some new blood.

You're missing the point. Those guys who quit showed their true colors. Those are the guys, that when it comes nut cutting time, fold like a lawn chair. "SHARP"(since you obviously know enough about him to spell his name correctly..not) doesn't have control because he's got guys like you who get on here and run your mouths about how the program should be run, tearing it down and cutting his legs out from in under him, when you should be building him and the team up. You were very likely just like the guys that quit and were more worried about getting your feelings hurt because you didn't like getting yelled at when you screwed up than you were staying together with your team and giving everything for a win. But being the know-it-all that I can tell you are, will refuse to believe you are wrong and that "all of us just don't understand the situation." Tell me something, how many practices have you gone to this year? You should seriously consider the fact that te guys on the team get on here and read this and just the fact that you post is detrimental to the team. You missed the boat completely, go back and re-read everything that was said. You think we're all wrong?

Edited by LewisCoPanthers

You're missing the point. Those guys who quit showed their true colors. Those are the guys, that when it comes nut cutting time, fold like a lawn chair. "SHARP" doesn't have control because he's got guys like you who get on here and run your mouths about how the program should be run, tearing it down and cutting his legs out from in under him, when you should be building him and the team up. You are very likely just like the guys that quit and were more worried about getting your feelings hurt because you didn't like getting yelled at when you screwed up than you were staying together with your team. But being the know-it-all that I can tell you will refuse to believe you are wrong and that just the fact that you post is detrimental to the team. You missed the boat completely, go back and re-read everything that was said. You think we're all wrong?

thumb[1].gif

...when it comes nut cutting time, fold like a lawn chair....

Nut-cutting time.

This situation has nothing to do with players not following the rules. Nothing about players not being able to handle "nut-cutting time". Nothing about parents... I'm not sure where and how and why that is being injected here.

It's about an out of control coaching staff who has lost the support of not just the few, but of the many.

Once again, dozens and dozens are not playing because of Sharpe.

Think about it.

Nut-cutting time.

This situation has nothing to do with players not following the rules. Nothing about players not being able to handle "nut-cutting time". Nothing about parents... I'm not sure where and how and why that is being injected here.

It's about an out of control coaching staff who has lost the support of not just the few, but of the many.

Think about it.

what criteria makes them, " out of control "?

what criteria makes them, " out of control "?

Fair question.

The best i can do is reference another situation, on the college level, that mirrors ours:

Ex-Texas Tech players: Gillispie broke NCAA practice-length rules

image4897918.jpg

By Jeff Goodman | College Basketball Insider

Aug. 31, 2012 3:42 PM ET

Texas Tech coach Billy Gillispie, who has come under fire for his treatment of players, also had broken NCAA rules with marathon practices, several of his former players told CBSSports.com.

Kevin Wagner and Jaron Nash both told CBSSports.com on Friday that Gillispie often practiced in excess of four hours -- which is against NCAA rules -- and once went nearly eight hours on a Saturday early last November. The NCAA permits coaches to practice for no more than four hours per day and 20 per week.

"We practiced a lot more than 20 hours a week," Wagner said.

"We practiced two hours, then he told us to leave and go shave because he didn't like the way we looked," said Wagner, who is now at McClellan Junior College. "Then we came back, practiced two more hours before he told us to get a haircut. Then we came back and did about four more before he kicked us out."

Another ex-player, who did not wish to be identified, estimated the entire November practice lasted a total of 10 hours.

"We used to go more than four hours all the time," added Nash, who transferred to North Dakota after last season. "I remember that day when we went almost all day. We didn't leave until 9 p.m. or so. It was pretty bad. A lot of guys were really hurt after it. One guy had a stress fracture in both legs."

Former players maintain it's more than just about an excess of practice.

"If you were hurt, he told you that you had to stay in the training room all day -- from 6 or 7 in the morning until 10 at night," Wagner said. "Stay in there and get treatment over and over and over. We couldn't leave. My mom had to come and bring me food."

Both players also said that it was commonplace for Gillispie to hold two hour, full-speed practices only hours prior to games.

"Guys were worn out and sleeping by the time the games started," said Nash, who also said that Gillispie had nothing to do with his decision to transfer.

Wagner added, "Basketball wasn't fun anymore. It got to a point where I didn't like playing."

source: http://www.cbssports...icelength-rules

Nut-cutting time.

Think about it.

Please explain the out of control staff and their lost support, and as for those dozens and dozens not playing could it be because they could not follow the rules, lord forbid these kids have rules to follow! I have been following LC football for over 40 years and have lived in Hohenwald my whole life, where everyone knows everyone, and for the life of me I can't figure out these dozens and dozens of athletes you speak of walking the halls of the high school. Coach Sharp ( NO E) has given his all and continues to give his all to Lewis County football and I for one am very greatful for his hard work and proud of the program he has built, not just the team but the facilities he (yes HE) built to make the committed players better!