Cascade Champions @ Moore County Raiders

FridayMainEvent

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of those Moore County boys carried the ball 43 times and had practically an entire team trying to tackle them on everyone of those carries either. I doubt seriously any of the boys from Moore County, or anywhere else for that matter, could of done what Creed did and played on the other side of the ball also. No need to belittle what the kid did by saying "he don't play both ways".

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I was not trying to belittle him at all. He is a very good running back. I just said what you just said in your post, "I doubt seriously any of the boys from Moore County, or anywhere else for that matter, could of done what Creed did and played on the other side of the ball". That is my point exactly. It would be very hard to do what he did playing both ways.

Edited by GDIAB

I knew going in Cascade had the advantage with the refs. Coach

Parker is like Coach LouisThompson of Lincoln Co., he is going to get the calls with the good ole boys. Most of that crew works the Shelbyville area. Having a good name also helps with the refs.

Good luck to the champs.

1A is iron man ball. I have seen MC backs carry it 50 times, kick extra points, punt, kick off, and play d.

Edited by BURLEY

I knew going in Cascade had the advantage with the refs. Coach

Parker is like Coach LouisThompson of Lincoln Co., he is going to get the calls with the good ole boys. Most of that crew works the Shelbyville area. Having a good name also helps with the refs.

Good luck to the champs.

1A is iron man ball. I have seen MC backs carry it 50 times, kick extra points, punt, kick off, and play d.

Who did that for Moore County?

Apparently this is not something done very often. This is straight from the TSSAA website:

Most Rushing Attempts in a Game - Individual 56 Jeff Womack Warren County vs. Oakland 1981 47 Richard Locke Warren County vs. Franklin County October 22, 1976 46 Tripp Tucker University School of Jackson 1997 45 Michael Wilmore Smith County vs. Portland November 14, 2003 42 Jeremy Lyon DCA vs. FRA 1995 42 Trent Walker DCA vs.East Robertson 2006 42 Aaron Cothran Fairview vs. Harpeth October 18, 2002 40 Joe Longmire Bruceton Central

Edited by FreeAgent11

3 names that jump out at me are Todd Logan, Jeff Norman and Brandon Wells. They may not have carried the ball 50 times but they played both ways 95% of the game and all were Mr. Football winners. All three ran the ball and played Linebacker.

I don't know how many carries these three got, but I know they carried it most of the time for the raiders and all the teams that MC played knew that as well. Also, I'm sure they all had several tackles each game on defense. Again, I'm not trying to take anything away from Rose, I think he is the best back MC has faced this year, but it has to help your output on offense if you can rest while your team plays defense.

Who did that for Moore County?

Apparently this is not something done very often. This is straight from the TSSAA website:

Most Rushing Attempts in a Game - Individual 56 Jeff Womack Warren County vs. Oakland 1981 47 Richard Locke Warren County vs. Franklin County October 22, 1976 46 Tripp Tucker University School of Jackson 1997 45 Michael Wilmore Smith County vs. Portland November 14, 2003 42 Jeremy Lyon DCA vs. FRA 1995 42 Trent Walker DCA vs.East Robertson 2006 42 Aaron Cothran Fairview vs. Harpeth October 18, 2002 40 Joe Longmire Bruceton Central

Not all stats make it to the TSSAA, I know that for a fact. Wells carried it 52 times in a game back in 98. and also set records that never did get turned in his senior year. I was there.