Franklin

BubberM

I think the real judgement of a staff is going into year 3... That's when the majority of your players have been in your systems for most of their career..

Don't know that three years is necessary. In his first year, Rector took a program that was 3-17 the previous two years to the second round of the playoffs.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know that three years is necessary. In his first year, Rector took a program that was 3-17 the previous two years to the second round of the playoffs.

He had (Rector) some talent -,how hard is it to battle Hillsboro to make a playoff spot in 5a in this district...

So Eubanks was a great coach? He took team his first year to state game-

I still think year 3 is the year for a new coaching staff. First 2 years are usually grace periods

Seriously? Somebody gives you the keys to a successful company. You can go bankrupt for the first couple years as long as you show a profit by year three. Did I get that right?

Maybe you get a grace period when you take over a program in shambles. Franklin has been a proven winner. You have everything in place, most importantly kids that know how to compete and win, regardless of talent. Anything less than keeping the ball rolling is failing. Just my opinion.

Sayittomyface

"think the real judgement of a staff is going into year 3... That's when the majority of your players have been in your systems for most of their career"

I agree High Life. Learning systems, dealing with booster organizations, coordinating schedules, and adjustments to the new school. First year is grace. Second year, looking for positives, third year needs to be trending positive.

It's not a business but a bureacracy with administration, parents, boosters and dealing with kids too.

I'll have to disagree with the three year idea. Yes, it's not a business but the circumstances you listed (administration, boosters, parents) were all there for the last leader and he was successful. Don't waste two years implementing changes that aren't needed. All the change needed should be enough for going from the 2nd round/quarterfinals to a ring. There doesn't need to be a two year overhaul. Again, my opinion. I hope they have success much sooner.

I'll have to disagree with the three year idea. Yes, it's not a business but the circumstances you listed (administration, boosters, parents) were all there for the last leader and he was successful. Don't waste two years implementing changes that aren't needed. All the change needed should be enough for going from the 2nd round/quarterfinals to a ring. There doesn't need to be a two year overhaul. Again, my opinion. I hope they have success much sooner.

I agree. Franklin didnt need an overhaul and doesnt really get a grace period because of that. Centennial needed a huge overhaul and Rector got them into the playoffs in year one. Strange how things work out. The successful program that doenst need an overhaul gets one because of politics within the school building and is having a very poor season. With who they have left on the schedule, I see a losing record for the season (4-6) and no playoffs.

Just out of curiosity, when was the last time Franklin had a losing season?

I agree. Franklin didnt need an overhaul and doesnt really get a grace period because of that. Centennial needed a huge overhaul and Rector got them into the playoffs in year one. Strange how things work out. The successful program that doenst need an overhaul gets one because of politics within the school building and is having a very poor season. With who they have left on the schedule, I see a losing record for the season (4-6) and no playoffs.

Just out of curiosity, when was the last time Franklin had a losing season?

Casual observation i can see how you say this but to have a sucessful program quickly ( as you referenced ) you need good leadership from the top ( which he does not have) strong AD ( which he does not have) and good returning talent ( not this year). It will take 3 years for the program to be back ( given he gets that much time) in contention ( just my opinion). I know you are going to say the change was not needed and he is the reason for a bad year, but i believe this was coming even if the Bear came in and took over. I believe Donny will be good for the team given time so enjoy the down year or two.

Finally being honest...how does it feel? Probably about like the end of the ravenwood game for you...confusing...hard to believe...embarrassing...

Believe you are the confused...hard to believe...embarrassing..HA.Yea the last two games were hard to watch, but thats sports.

Casual observation i can see how you say this but to have a sucessful program quickly ( as you referenced ) you need good leadership from the top ( which he does not have) strong AD ( which he does not have) and good returning talent ( not this year). It will take 3 years for the program to be back ( given he gets that much time) in contention ( just my opinion). I know you are going to say the change was not needed and he is the reason for a bad year, but i believe this was coming even if the Bear came in and took over. I believe Donny will be good for the team given time so enjoy the down year or two.

So now its a down year or TWO? Setting up the excuses for next season too? Dang, it must be really bad down there.

So if Clayton was still there, you think the results would be same? You would be sitting at 4-4 wonding how in the world both Ravenwood and Lawrence Co. just beat you?

What year did Clayton take over Franklin?

So now its a down year or TWO? Setting up the excuses for next season too? Dang, it must be really bad down there.

So if Clayton was still there, you think the results would be same? You would be sitting at 4-4 wonding how in the world both Ravenwood and Lawrence Co. just beat you?

What year did Clayton take over Franklin?

Dude give Clayton a kiss and get over it. This is way too personal for you.

Edited by Hubbard