North Side Indians

NSIndiansFan

First off.....no, the 6'10 kid from the Bahamas is now in Detroit....

Secondly, JNS has a lot more talent than Dyersburg, which also does not necessarily translate into a 'W'.......

Thirdly, Dyer Co is very good this year, and will beat Dyersburg. Crittendon, Fisk, and Mitchell are as good of a Backcourt as there is in the STate....

Finally, Jackson Northside is going to be very, very good this year. There are not many better wings in the State than Richard and Reginald Delk, and not many guards better than Ramon Williams. Add to that Duventure at PG, the two 6'4/6'5 sophs (Corbitt and Coleman), and a big time 6th man in Jerrell Shanklin, and you've got a VERY dangerous squad.....

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am sure that hubbie smith, brian brown, anthony gilcrest and my little buddy at bolton are all glad that the winner and loser is decided on the floor....and not fans on the site......

i'll make sure that they all get that post..... they will get a good laugh out of it........

as far as dyer cnty beating dburg....dyer cnty will be a better team in the fall, while dburg will be a better team come january......you may be right on that, but again, you may be wrong..... i personally think it will be a great game...

as far as northside goes, they do have great talent, but so what, i have seen many teams with great talent that did nothing.....poor coaching, poor execution, no team concept, and i have seen teams with little to no talent overachieve simply cause they were a team, they executed well, were team players, a family with no "i"....

no game will be decided here, the games will be won and lost on the court...talent, execution, team and coaching will all play a part in the outcome....

"Secondly, JNS has a lot more talent than Dyersburg, which also does not necessarily translate into a 'W'......."

I obviously already made a reference to the fact that talent does not equal winning straight up. I only stated that JNS will be very, very talented, and it is true that they have more talent than Dyersburg......As for Dyer Co, they are the better team, in my opinion, than Dyersburg, but again, that does not mean a guaranteed 'W'.....I can't wait to see these games.....

Coach Hill is one of the best coaches in the state. He does an awesome job with his players. His love for the game and the way he coaches is by far better than any coach in the district. As for Coach North, I thik that he is not a great coach. If you look throughout his past, even at Dyersburg, he goes to school who has alot of talent, but when the talent runs out he leaves. He has done this at every school he has been at. He is a horrible coach in my opinion. I have worked with both coaches, and I have been in the looker room with both. I do ot think that Hardin County is well coached, he is just a hot head who does not know how to coach and that is why they were last in the district even with Justin Flatt. I am not upset at what you said, I just know that when the clock hits zero the best team will win. I agree that the championship game of District will be Dyersburg and North Side. I do not thik that Dyersburg will have enough talent to beat Bolton in region. Bolton has too much height. But we will see come Febuary.

I have to MAJORLY disagree with you, NSIndiansFan......about Hardin Co.....

Coach Gilchrist is a GREAT coach, and one of the Class acts in the State. There are not many, if any, Coaches accross the state that care about their kids as much as Coach Gilchrist does. The work and caring he puts in for his kids is absolutely something to applaud!!!!!!!!

nsindiansfan, i totally disagree with you. At the U of Memphis camp Dyersburg went 6-2 and those two losses combined equaled a total of 4 points. Those two losses came to BOLTON by one in OT and Memphis-Hamilton by 3 in triple overtime. I think you would say that they are pretty strong this year and is gonna be ready to play with anybody on any given night.

tj, i talked to the coach (hamilton) and he stated that his key players were all there...

hamilton looked like a college team...their size and speed did not look like any high school team.....

i would have to say that hamilton is def a top three shelby AAA squad......i may be mistaken, but is one of their post players not a D1 prospect?..... one of their fans was telling that so i am not to sure about it....

the reason dburg played them so close was that dburg made them play half court.....the regulation score was in the low 40's...if they had tried to run with them, well it might of been totaly different.....

NorthsideFN and Gomab2 don't make me me get started in this post, I totally disagree with you two, I think Dyersburg does match up with NS's in the talent level, and when we meet on the court you two will see that. and ya'll want to name names, you maybe right those six people maybe be good, but i guarantee you that it will take more than six athletes to beat this dyersburg team, and will be lead by junior sensation Jeremy Taylor, and nobody in the district can guard this kid. And as of DC they do have a good back court, but where's the front court, three people can't beat dyersburg. Like mg said the games will be decided on the court, and that's just around the corner so someone better tell northside to wake up and stop dreamin and face reality. :D

Hey, I like Dyersburg's team, and I think Taylor is a future star. Dyersburg may win as well; I was just stating that from a talent standpoint, I think JNS has more. Even in defense of that, you named just one player. Chattham is decent. I really like Orenthius Taylor last year, and he is gone.....

As for DC, they will have a talented team. 6'11 Dustin Byrd is in the frontcourt, along with 6'5 Jr Robert Harris, who can jump out of the gym. Also, when Dyer Co wants to go small, Fisk, who is a guard, is stong and quick enough to guard Five positions on the court.......

3133....it says you posted at 1211.......why is u ain't in schooooo!!!!!!!! :D

the reason i say that dburg will be good this year..... the 6'8 post has been moved...even though he is 6'8, his greatest strength and contribution is shooting the three...he is a very good outside shooter...how do you guard a 6'8 person playing the (3) position..... dburg will feature two players that have not been seen...they will have two good post players in 6'5 j barnett and 6'4 dirty dave.....these players will be a strong force...

another plus will be j taylor who over the summer has grown to 6'3...he has worked hard and has increased his range to about 3 or 4 feet behind the arc....this group also features 3 other quality atheletes to go with them....

Dyersburg, Dyer County, and Jax Northside will all have very strong teams....

toss it up.....