North Side Indians

NSIndiansFan

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Jackson Northside has an Outstanding team this year.... This is a team that will be even more outstanding in the next few years.....

The Top 7 players for Northside make up almost as good a Top 7 as any in the STate (of course I'm not talking about White Station)....

This group starts with the lone senior, PG Phillip Duventure. Jr PG Ramon Williams will run the 2G slot, and is a budding star. Ramon can sure fill it up in a hurry. Reginald and Richard Delk will man the Wings, and both are big time prospects, at 6'4 and 6'5 respectively. Another soph, 6'4 Dell Coleman, will man the post. Outstanding Junior Jerrell Shanklin will be the 6th man and see much court time, and 6'5 Soph Reggie Corbitt will come in and bang off the bench.....

Northside should win district, and compete with Bartlett and Bolton for best in the Region.....

north side will have a very good team this year. i think they are gonna show teams around the state that they are a force to be reckoned with and can play with anybody. they will also be one of the tops in their region along with dyersburg and bolton. this year should be a very good year for them and i wouldn't be surprised to see them in the boro in march.

i do not believe that northside should be the only team favored to win the district....

first, dyersburg won the regular season district last year and dyersburg returns a much stronger team this year...dburg will be much larger than jaxns, and as athletic.....the difference will be in the coaching....dburg has a much better coaching staff....

..since ben has left bartlett, and pete from bolton has moved, then dburg and jaxns should be strong contenders for the region as well...

anyting can happen, shoot hardin cnty might win the district....

dburg and jaxns, on paper, will battle for the crown.....

[Edited by mg on 10-26-02 3:48P]

Dyersburg did win the regular season last year, but who won the district tourney? Jax North Side. WHo went farther in the region? North Side. North Side returns everyone from last year except for Brandon Cooper who was the center, but two players, Dell Coleman and Reggie Corbitt, are better than Cooper was. As for a coachig staff, North Side has a much better coaching staff. WHo has won coach of the year 4 out of the past 5 years? Terry Hill and North Side. He has done more with a team that has o talent than Dyersburg ever could. Frank Chapman is oe the best assistants too. I know this first hand.

Too add...

This summer at camps... North Side went to Union University and won the championship of the camp by 20 points over Dyer County. Then they went to a bigger camp at Vanderbilt University where there were teams from all the south. THey lost the championship game to John Carroll High School from Birmingham, AL by 10 points. But they beat John Carroll in the round robin play earlier in the tourney.

i'm sorry to say but dyer county isn't all that good this year and if that was the highlight of your summer well u better get ready for dyersburg cuz they'll kill DC this year. JNS does return all players but one and that ONE is the person who i thought besides ramon did the most damage. i think this years talent levels for northside and d-burg are about equal and the game should be a really good one to watch. i'm not gonna say who's gonna win the district or region now but one thing i do know is it WILL be between northside and dyersburg on both.

Just b/c a guy wins coach of the year in the district does not make him a good coach. Ted Anderson here in Memphis has won coach of the year before and he's terrible. They have to give it to the guy who's team is having the best year. JNS always has alot more talent thatn Dyersburg but from experience, I always thought Dburg was the better coached team, they guard well.

i did not mean to offend you nsindian, but just stating the obivious from most coaches view point...

i have been a fan of this region for 18 years.... i can tell you that bartlett, bolton, hardin cnty and dyersburg are the best coached teams in this region....they execute and defend better than the other teams.....without a doubt, bartlett by far executes on both sides of the ball better than most teams than i have seen...

the best bball coach that northside has is joe north....his teams have always executed and played well on both sides...

that is just my opinion...