GREENE DEVILS VS BLACK KNIGHTS

What about the current conference that Betsy is in? Would it fall apart? I don't know much about the conference, but from what I can remember, it is basically the old Wautauga Conference with Sullivan East minus West Greene, Chuckey Doak, and South Greene. Taking Betsy would just leave Happy Valley, Unicoi, Sullivan East, Sullivan North, and Johnson County. Is that correct? Or am I way off here?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about the current conference that Betsy is in? Would it fall apart? I don't know much about the conference, but from what I can remember, it is basically the old Wautauga Conference with Sullivan East minus West Greene, Chuckey Doak, and South Greene. Taking Betsy would just leave Happy Valley, Unicoi, Sullivan East, Sullivan North, and Johnson County. Is that correct? Or am I way off here?

Out of the teams in both districts, South Greene is the only one in jeopardy. And I don't think anyone will be moving in or out of them except South Greene. And if they do move one, geographically, Happy Valley is closer than Betsy.

Edited by budkilmer

I could see another team joining the BRAC, particularly if Sullivan South moves down to 4A. That adds an extra team to region 1. Maybe Betsy joins the BRAC.

I've heard more rumors on Greeneville heading up to the 3 Rivers and a team like Pittman or Pigeon Forge heading up to the BRAC. At least that's what the talk is down here in the Lakeway area. Any talk like that up in Greene County? I know it's all rumors and speculation, but I still like imagining new scenarios.

Back to the topic. Doak is an improved program, which is nice to see, but obviously Greeneville is just at a different level. Don't be fooled by the people who say this will be tougher than some think. Greeneville is an animal. They will have no problem slowing down Malone, and they will definitely not have any problem scoring points on the worst defense in the BRAC. I mean if Cosby drops 31 on you.....ooooh....gonna get nasty.

I could see another team joining the BRAC, particularly if Sullivan South moves down to 4A. That adds an extra team to region 1. Maybe Betsy joins the BRAC.

man that would be fantastic. i miss both of those games. i dont think they will EVER get it to where everyone's happy, but this brac thing is really just senseless right now. i know it has to do with enrollment, but man, something's got to change ( except the name on the champions trophy, that will hopefully remain a constant...HA!

)

I've heard more rumors on Greeneville heading up to the 3 Rivers and a team like Pittman or Pigeon Forge heading up to the BRAC. At least that's what the talk is down here in the Lakeway area. Any talk like that up in Greene County? I know it's all rumors and speculation, but I still like imagining new scenarios.

Back to the topic. Doak is an improved program, which is nice to see, but obviously Greeneville is just at a different level. Don't be fooled by the people who say this will be tougher than some think. Greeneville is an animal. They will have no problem slowing down Malone, and they will definitely not have any problem scoring points on the worst defense in the BRAC. I mean if Cosby drops 31 on you.....ooooh....gonna get nasty.

CDHS's defense might be bad, but keep in mind, we lost another tailback last week, which will hamper our ability to run. ( shhhhhhh, not a word Devil fans, im trying to keep the talk interesting and keep it going ...lol)

man that would be fantastic. i miss both of those games. i dont think they will EVER get it to where everyone's happy, but this brac thing is really just senseless right now. i know it has to do with enrollment, but man, something's got to change ( except the name on the champions trophy, that will hopefully remain a constant...HA!

)

I would have to agree with you in football, but in other sports except maybe soccer, there is competiton. South Greene and West Greene are playing for the volleyball title tomorrow. CD won the golf title this year. Boys and Girls basketball has been up in the air the last few years. Softball is anyones game. I think the Greene Devils have won the last few baseball titles but CD and SG and Grainger have been right there on the Devils heals.