Marion (6-2) vs Copper Basin (6-1)

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My question is even better. Will Copper Basin renew the contract with Marion?

You are right though. Zemen will have a huge night.

I say they won't renew the contract since Basin is losing some key players and will be a littler younger next year and it seems that Marion is young and will be even better in the coming years.

Really Really. Are you serious? Are you implying it has no effect on a teams ability to perform when the 1st string qtrback goes down and he is one of the most talented players on that team.leading rusher etc. Really? I dont mind discussing and disagreeing but c'mon man. If Mckamy goes down for Knoxville Grace they will struggle big time. If Boyds qtr back goes down they will struggle big time. If Wayne County qtr back had went down the game they were having would have been over for them. So you really dont think it can affect a team?

Didn't say it wouldn't have an effect, would they have scored a couple more touchdowns.......maybe, would marion have scored a couple of more by the score being closer........probably.......when a team gets beat 44-13 I don't think it matters who got hurt. If it is within a couple of scores I can see it, but not when it is a blowout.

Edited by TheTruthPrevails

Take it you guys haven't watched many basin games I have only been to two they stop the ground game usually but this is a different type of offense but basin wins by eight I have a whole lot of confidence in this basin defense and spread offense led by senior qb bogg's arm

I think that many pirate supporters are looking at copper basin as being like other basin teams from the past. The cougars have been improved the last few years. I will tell you this, if copper basin can shut down marions run game then they will win definitely. I would almost bet though that y'all haven't played against a running back like the sophomore from mc. Tell us about the basin qb, you said spread offense, is the qb speedy and shifty? Do they throw the ball a lot or is it more of a spread option attack?

I think that many pirate supporters are looking at copper basin as being like other basin teams from the past. The cougars have been improved the last few years. I will tell you this, if copper basin can shut down marions run game then they will win definitely. I would almost bet though that y'all haven't played against a running back like the sophomore from mc. Tell us about the basin qb, you said spread offense, is the qb speedy and shifty? Do they throw the ball a lot or is it more of a spread option attack?

Don't worry your d will smother that QB and he will lay down

To be clear, I'm not one of these posters predicting another Marion coaster type win. Single point will satisfy me. Agreed that if Basin can rein in Marion's ground attack it will be a long night for the Warrior fans and team. Don't think it will happen but who knows. I do believe the Basin offense will cause some problems for this Marion defense. Playing better lately but this game might require quick defensive adjustments play to play. Hope they're up to the task. Need another win Friday, at whatever margin, to keep the momentum up.

If they had to make a choice between Marion and SP they would continue to play Marion.

Not saying I disagree, but darned if I don't feel Marion just got slapped. Stings a little whether it's true or not. Could have worded it a little better, something like Marion is a shorter drive so Basin will likely continue with the Warriors.