9AAA Playoff Look Right Now: What Is It?

13sports

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Portland has Gallatin and Station Camp, Hendersonville has Mt. Juliet and Lebanon, Station Camp has Wilson Central and Portland, Gallatin has Portland and Beech.

Gallatin has to win out for a chance. Either SC or Portland will lose the last week.

It will come down to wire for all 4 teams.

Beech just needs 1 more victory to claim the district title since they have beaten both WC and Mt. Juliet.

Beech plays Lebanon and Gallatin.

Wilson Central and Mt. Juliet should both be in the 6A playoffs but 1 will have at least 2 losses as they still play each other the last week of the season.

WC has SC and Mt. J

Mt. J has Hville and WC.

I hate that Hurd was injured last night during the WC game. Beech will still be good as their coaches tend to get the most out of their players. I had however feared something like this might happen to him since he was asked to carry the ball for many attempts out of a 16-17 year old young man. My nephew had this happen to him in a fall scrimmage with DCA and had to have surgery that included 9 anchors in his shoulder. The Dr sat him for the season. Hopefully for Mr. Hurd it won't be to the extent of that amount of damage. He is without a doubt the best player in the district if not state.

Does Gallatin have to beat both Beech and Portland to be eligible for the playoffs?

They need to win both to help their chances. Since there isn't really a quick explanation of who qualifies all Gallatin can do is try to win these last two games and let things fall where they may. Currently 12 teams have 6 or more wins they are locked into the playoffs. Around 30 teams fighting for those last 20 spots and most will only have 5 wins. Probably wont know until the Saturday after week 10 who gets in.

If Gallatin won these last 2, and I am not saying that will happen, they should get in. I believe wins by the opponents that you have beaten is one of the determining factors. A win over Beech would go along way. I am still not convinced a 4-6 team won't sneak into tje mix. Lots of ball to be played this month.