Father Ryan (2-5, 0-4) at Brentwood Academy (6-1, 4-0)

WesVLT

The Eagles will be heavy favorites this weekend, as they host a Father Ryan team that has lost five straight after beating Metro Nashville schools in its first two games.

BA is 8-2 against Ryan in the schools' last ten meetings. Last year the Eagles beat Ryan 31-10. While the Irish have lost all four league games, they haven't surrendered more than 31 points in any of those contests. On the flip side, they've been held to six points or fewer in three of those games.

Brentwood Academy will be the overwhelming pick on the board, but what can we look for from Father Ryan? They run a Wing-T attack, correct? Who are the players to watch? What was the chief reason for last week's loss to JPII? Any input from Irish faithful is greatly appreciated.

We'll have the webcast live at 7:30 Friday. Click the link below to watch.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mustache, most will agree that BA is heavily favored. The purpose of this thread is to learn a little about the Irish. If anyone has any perspective on the questions I posed above, that'll likely be a more productive discussion topic than rehashing the widely held opinion that BA will win big.

Wes - just like JP2 you will not get in Ryan supporters on Coach T.

What I find interesting is their Sr running back Graham has only scored 2 TD's all year. He is a talented and experience player who has not seen the end zone as much as he should have.

The FG kicker, Strebel is very good. 10 FG's this year.

Other than that no bright spots exist on this team.

You could combine jp2 and FR and it would do little to effect the score of these games. They just do not have the talent on the football field. Great schools , good at other sports just not alot to talk about here which is why there are no responses. I was at the game last year and BA overlooked fr and if you Rememeber the game was tight till later in the second half.

Mustache, most will agree that BA is heavily favored. The purpose of this thread is to learn a little about the Irish. If anyone has any perspective on the questions I posed above, that'll likely be a more productive discussion topic than rehashing the widely held opinion that BA will win big.

Defensively, most nights you can expect the Irish to move well to the football. They will be considerably smaller but they rarely shy away from contact. On the other side, expect to see a very inconsistent, unconfident, and much too pressing offense. Graham or someone else may make a few plays here and there, but Father Ryan does a very poor job in keeping the drive alive. There are way too many three and outs with this team. But yes they have switched to a wing-t offense this year. So in all likeliness, the defensive will spend the majority of the time on the field.

Also from what I understand there is a growing sense of futility, or even apathy, from many of the players who just want the season the be over with. Psychologically they are very much disadvantaged as the method the coaches use of empahsizing the fact that they are the underdogs makes the players less motivated. Even playing JPII, there is liitle excitement among the players. Quite honestly, they're more concerned about what they are going to be doing after the game than the game itself.

Edited by thebruce

The BA games have quite honestly been a snooze feat after halftime . They are fun to watch when they are clicking and I enjoy seeing the younger boys who are on second and third team getting playing time against the other teams first string. Even the MBA game was quiet after their student section sang we ready for y'all a few times.. Then you could hear a cricket left of center in the stands.. I would love to see a good game just can't put one together in my wildest dream for this one .. But who knows.

I consider the Irish to be close to a 28 point underdog in this one, however, if the Irish could someway pull off the upset it could save Bruce's job!

My world:

Father Ryan 24

Brentwood Academy 21

Realistic world:

Brentwood Academy 42

Father Ryan 17

I’m just wondering what fantasy world your living NashWrestling, Father Ryan only put up six points on JPII what makes you think that they will score 17 on BA?

Edited by mustachiomenace