District 14 A

volfan007

Chipper I'm a UC fan as well and I saw LC and Liberty game and Lc look good to me..I say LC beats Humboldt tonight 65 ta 59..and I think they will lose to DC and UC but win the rest..and that UC game in my opinion will be a dawg fight with Uc winning a close 64 ta 60..I think that will put them around 3rd or 4th..Good luck to the Falcons tonight

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chipper, you know I had to rag you a little for that post!!LOL You are right we could end the year a few different ways I just like the way the guys are playing right now and their confidence is growing with each win. A loss at Humboldt, which could happen if we do not play well or shoot well, could change things up. This LC team does not have a margin for error that the teams the last couple of years had. What I mean is they don't have the number of scoring options and depth for a Zay or Devon to get in foul trouble or have an off night scoring. In the last couple of years with Rafael, Ricky and Derrick Swift to go along with the two mentioned they could get scoring from different places. Hopefully some of the other guys are beginning to develop as Dominique and Rashaun have provided additional scoring for the Falcons. I feel alot will be told about our future tonight. Not necessarily do or die with a win or loss but our overall play in a tuff environment.

Tonight wont hurt LC as for getting homecourt in the first round of the district as a 4 seed.A lost will hurt their chances at least a 3 seed because it will give Humboldt a 2 game lead with 4 games left. Then the 4-7 seeds will be between Halls,LC, Bradford,and SF.A lot will be told with LC tonight if they can go win at Humboldt.

If I'm looking at things right,a win at Humboldt helps toward the 3 rd seed but even then,Humboldt and Lake Co would be tied and Lake Co would still have UC and Humboldt still with a game with Greenfield.So that could go a long way.I realy think if Lake Co wants that number 3 seed has to beat Humboldt,then UC and not have any more slip ups.Or win tonight and then if Greenfield beats Humboldt and UC beats LC,will still be tied but LC would hold the tie breaker as long as they also win out.I think Humboldt has the best spot for 3rd being at home ,with a win tonight believe the Vikings will be 3rd and Lake Co -Halls more than likely filling the 4th and 5th spots and playing each other.I believe Halls may still have the top teams to play meaning UC,Greenfield and Humboldt but not sure.

Edited by mrbigster

Chipper if u don't mind me asking..Who do u think. The top 3 is in 14a for the District MVP??..just as it stands now?..U may be shocked but from what I've seen so far I've got. Malik Stockdale at 1..Zay Coleman at 2 and Robinson at 3..Its hard to compare these 3 great kids but I picked Stockdale because the UC team don't. Play as well when he is off the floor..I think he is the leader of this team as of now..he does so many things for them..leading scorer ..leading rebounder..shooting % is high..and a good assist man..he is very versital..beat u outside or inside at 6'0..Basketbaall IQ is off the charts..I told in one post that the sky was the limit for this kid if he keeps working..I can see work paying off right now..What ya think Chipper??..ur welcome to disagree if u like..I jus want to know if I'm on the right track here because I drank that Falcon Juice last night and it tasted pretty good at first and I ended up with a upset Stomach!..wow

Stockdale have been playing really well as of late.He has been consistent pretty much all season and right now is playing at a high level.UC has been putting together a string of good games here lately and the defense have begun to come around. Getting good shots on the offensive end and really getting after you on the defensive end.Stockdale is also playing with a lot of confidence right now.Thats the thing about this team,its hard to try and take away 1 or 2 players during the game because you have Deberry,Stockdale,Simpson,Goochie,Jamie that can all get you 12-15 on a given night.Our offensive balance have been good this year as we get at least 3 in double figures each night.Jamie has done a nice job running the team,Khiry is playing well,and now we getting depth from Javonte and Brooks.I think our best ball is ahead of us.Also,I think Cope,that will be probably the top 3 with also the Bradford kid from Humboldt.

Sorry Chipper got in late last night and went to bed!! Summary of LC and Humboldt preety simple the Vikings outplayed the Falcons and LC had no answer for the Bradford kid. LC shot the ball terrible in the first half scoring only 9 points in the 2nd quarter after being down 18-17 at the end of the first. LC was outscored 23-9 in the second period and was down 41-26 at half. LC cut it to 9 in the third but was down 14 going into the 4th. THe Falcons turned it on in the fourth and cut the lead the lead to 3 twice during the final 2 minutes but Humboldt did a great job shooting free throws, 10 for 10 down the stretch and sealed the win 83-72. Chippper can't make any excuses or anything Humboldt played about as good as I have seen them this year, #10 hit some big 3s and the Bradford kid controlled the game. We just couldn't make shots and I bet Devon missed 12-15 easy shots inside 4-5 ft of the rim in the first half. Humboldt's length also killed us on the glass as the got way too many 2nd and 3rd shots. The Falcons played hard and fought to the end, coming all the way back and having a 1 and 1 down 3 with about a 1:45 left but missed and Humboldt scored to go back up 5. Chiiper as Ihave said all year this group has no margin for error, when we are missing shots and turning it over some we cannot overcome those things. A 9 point quarter killed us in this game as it put us in 2 deep a hole to dig out of. Effort from the team was good and they fought to the end just did not execute well and it cost us. In closing it amazes me though how Humboldt has lost some of the games they have, The Vikings, in my opinion are the most athletic team in the district hands down. Got to get ready for Trenton on Friday now and just move forward.