District 14 A

volfan007

copenoc, It is the rivalry of LC and UC that makes it great when the teams get together! UC loves to beat LC as much as LC loves to beat UC. THe hatred is from the rivalry and this one is different than say an Obion Central and UC because LC/UC in the same district and the game often determines playoff position, and can even be a season ender if they match up in the district or region tourney. Also, I believe the perception that many UC fans kind of look down on LC as a country, backwoods, place and perceive their school and area "better" feeds it as well. Not saying it is true just what I have heard from some LC fans. Finally both schools have been traditionally good in football and basketball which fuels the rivalry as well on which program, school, tradition etc. is better. Those maybe reasons for the dislike between LC/UC from an LC perspective. I actually enjoy the dislike b/c to me it is what makes the Falcon/Tornadoe rivalry one of the best in West TN if not the state because it spans multiple sports.

I agree.I actually enjoy the dis like also as for the teams competing.Even though there are some great fans and guys from UC.But maybe unlike some Falcon fans,if Lake Co isn't in the tournament and UC goes to the dance,I do pull for them.But still with some pain...lol

But seriously,in years past when Humboldt and Union City were at State and the Lake Co team was sitting home and also a LC team that I thought could have had a chance to win the Gold ball as well had they gone there.Remember one year that Humboldt won,seems like LC beat them all 3 times.Maybe twice with one of them being a blowout.The undefeated UC team that won the State.LC could have beaten them all 3 times and should have in two of the meetings.But I also remember some of the early rounds of that Stste.Lake Co could have beaten some of those teams by 20 points.Remember a Moore Co team that UC beat that Lake Co with Channin G eanes and Russell Avery would have killed.But still was for Humboldt and Union City.Most years the team that gets left out of our district could fare very well at the Stste.

Edited by mrbigster

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bradford shot very well tonight, and Glisson had them ready to play the Jackets..especially #31 Hampton....he could not miss....maybe missed one 3 pointer all night, and hit nearly every free throw he shot.

The Jackets did not hit well from the field, and our starting center came back, tonight, from an ankle injury. He didnt play a whole lot, but looked good when he did get into the game. I'm not sure why the coach didnt play him more....we missed him when he wasnt in the game.

Yea Uc gold I'm jus speaking the truth man..Lake Co. Is the worste but Greenfield is right on their heels!..The only thing I can figure is the same story that UC shouldn't be single a..But what's crazy is Humboldt is bigger than UC and I. Never hear that hatred towarrd them..So I guess it may be like all the anti Tom Brady haters..People are tired of watching them Win!..I hear this statement from LC fans a lot..ANY DAY UC LOSES IS A GOOD DAY!..lol..I'm not from UC or LC either one and hear it a lot!..But never from Uc people just Lake Co. And that's jus the cold hart truth..As far as Greenfield from what I've seen they better get something done this year because they want even be close to Uc boys team next 2 years because them 3 Sophmores are the real Deal..And you got their point guard back as well..It will probly get ugly for GF when they face LC or Uc next year because Lc has some good young talent next couple of yrs as well..But I do wish the Jacket ball team well..They have a good group of guys and play hard..with that said..Greenfield fan get over yourself man and let the kids play ball!..Peace

Humboldt used to be larger than UC. As of October 2012, enrollment numbers show:

Bradford High School 156

Greenfield High School 162

Lake Co. High School 256

South Fulton High School 265

Humboldt High School 301

Union City High School 361

Halls High School 395

Peabody High School 407

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=2012%20tennessee%20school%20enrollment%20numbers&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CC8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fblogs.tennessean.com%2Fhigh-school-sports%2F2012%2F10%2F03%2Ftssaa-enrollment-figures-for-2013-17-reclassification%2F&ei=X3j5UNm6Ferk2QX6pIHYBg&usg=AFQjCNFS70JfotfoX1uzHT-TdRGUzOjHKw

Lake Co beat Halls about 75-57 last night.Very good effort.Heard LC played maybe the best game of the year at Middleton the other night.Maybe they are getting it together.Thought Zay Coleman had one of the best games of the year last night.Probably about 10 steals,driving.diving.He did it all last night.I'm sure he had 24 to 30 points.Devon Jones played well,scoring at will down low in scoring around 16 to 20 points.Dominic Kimble came out and hit about 3 treys.Raheem Flowers had his best game that I saw ,scoring around 10 to 12 points on hustle plays.Newcomer Devante Hill shows he has speed and may help out by years end.Looked good on defense and hopefully in time,will help on offense.Overall a good game.Halls has a nice team.Number 20,can get up and number 11 is a good athlete and has that basketball body.And the white kid has a beautiful stroke.Play those three tight and let the other two take the shots from outside I think is the key to beating Halls.Overall,a very good game by Lake Co.

Edited by mrbigster