Bearden vs Farragut

K2ruth

What a thrilling night of high school volleyball! Farragut had a great night first with the upset win over Catholic then with a HUGE upset over Bearden. I expect a rematch in the Regional Tournament on Tuesday.

Bearden's setter is amazing. She is one of, if not the best, high school setters to ever come out of Knoxville. She makes an average group of hitters look fantastic.

Bearden has played great all year. When they get blocked or when the hitters go cold they struggle. The setter is making an average team great.

What can you say about Farragut. They had all but been written off and came from no where to win, really with only one player. What a story.

After watching them last night I can't imagine that they won't meet again in the region finals, and it should be a war.

Either could be upset. Bearden has a weak serve receive with the young Libero, and their outsides are erratic, but the setter can do anything. Farragut lives with their big hitter and struggles to score when she is back row. Still, they are hot right now and I expect them to win their semi finals. Farragut will blow Hardin Valley away. Bearden faces a strong Anderson County team, but one that struggled against Karns. If the hitting errors don't kill them expect Bearden to win.

Announcements