Preseason 9AA Predictions

Cleggy

Preseason basketball practice will be kicking off shortly (unless your CPA) so it's time to roll out my picks. Here they are:

1. Sycamore

2. White House

3. Goodpasture

4. Macon County

5. Westmoreland

6. Greenbrier

Top players will include:

McPherson, Dick, White, Sizemore, Young, Mcilhaney (sp.?), Oskin

What's your thoughts gym rats?popcorneater.gif

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh God, I HOPE my Bobcats aren't last this year!! BUT, it will be a rebuilding year--especially now since Brown went down with a season-ending knee injury--so who knows?

I would put WH a rung lower (didn't they lose a lot of seniors?), but everything else is pretty similar on my list. I like Lynn and Hunter at Goodpasture, Smith at Sycamore, McPherson (of COURSE) at Macon, and Young at Greenbrier. I didn't see anyone else in the off-season so my list isn't complete.

Oh, and good jab on the lions icon_mrgreen.gif

Thanks! Can't believe that I left off Lynn or Hunter. They are both fine players that are regulars on the summer AAU circuit. Brown's injury had alot to do with where I placed them. He and Young were going to be a formidable backcourt duo. I have heard that Greenbrier has a big kid that has great potential, so they may be alright after all is said and done. The Devils do have a little revenge to dole out to the Bobcats after their early exit from the tournament last year. I think the new coach at White House is going to make a big difference for them and how their season will turn out.

Thanks! Can't believe that I left off Lynn or Hunter. They are both fine players that are regulars on the summer AAU circuit. Brown's injury had alot to do with where I placed them. He and Young were going to be a formidable backcourt duo. I have heard that Greenbrier has a big kid that has great potential, so they may be alright after all is said and done. The Devils do have a little revenge to dole out to the Bobcats after their early exit from the tournament last year. I think the new coach at White House is going to make a big difference for them and how their season will turn out.

Yeah, the big kid is pretty impressive to just be a freshman. He's been picked up for the coming year by AAU Tennessee Tigers or the Travelers (can't remember--whichever one Corey Stanton was on). That gives us the inside game we've needed, but now our transition/outside game is lacking b/c of the injury.

I also agree with the captain: Macon will surprise some people too this year. All this to say: gonna be an interesting year for 9AA, and I'm SO ready for it!!

Do you have a fairly complete list of the Sycamore starters Pitchy?

Yeah, the big kid is pretty impressive to just be a freshman. He's been picked up for the coming year by AAU Tennessee Tigers or the Travelers (can't remember--whichever one Corey Stanton was on). That gives us the inside game we've needed, but now our transition/outside game is lacking b/c of the injury.

I also agree with the captain: Macon will surprise some people too this year. All this to say: gonna be an interesting year for 9AA, and I'm SO ready for it!!

Do you have a fairly complete list of the Sycamore starters Pitchy?

No I don't but I know that a couple of them played on the same AAU team this summer (Clarksville Stars?) The District will have alot of parity this year as no one team stands out quite like Macon Co. did last year. It will be very interesting and competitive. Can't wait.

• 3 weeks later...