Preseason 9AA Predictions

Cleggy

I guess i'll give the Devils the nod for home court advantage. Guards I say are even with Young and Richardson for the Bobcats and Smith and Lyons for WH. All four can fill it up if they get hot. Allen's size alone will probably give WH's Sizemore a tougher time in the post area. White House's problem is, and has been, slow starts, turnovers, and individual play. The lack of size hurts as well, but Brock Fogle has been improving as well and gaining confidence each time out there. I look for this being another typical tough, drag it out White House/Greenbrier match up but have to go with the Devils, 65-62.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I overestimated the scoring potential of each team. Oh and the outcome as well. The Bobcats played well together and pulled it out in a hostile environment. Kudos to them. I think the District regular season championship will come down to Macon or Goodpasture. Macon has really surprised me thus far. Good luck the rest of the way. C-ya.

I agree that Macon and Goodpasture will compete for the regular season championship. Considering they are the only two teams in the whole district with a winning record. And no other team would even be .500 if you doubled their wins * except for westmoreland. But this district should be intriguing and fun to watch because most the teams are evenly matched, and have enough talent to surprise the top 2 teams on any night!!

Good questions BDP. Wasn't Sizemore one of their better players this year? Didn't even know he left! They've been playing district tourneys at Vol State ever since I went to GB back in the DAY....so I really don't know what the connection is there anymore. I say they rotate venues between the schools and split the gate.

Saw GB play Montgomery Central last night.....COMPLETELY UNINSPIRED BASKETBALL!! GB beat this team by 30 a few weeks ago, and got beat AT HOME last night by about 12. I honestly can't say one positive thing about the way any of their players played.

No leadership, unforced turovers, no defensive hustle. Still looks like about half the players don't even know the plays. Are any of the other district teams seeing this same problem??