Brentwood vs. Blackman

MyHumbleOpinion

That kid you guys have on the bench is better in all phases of the QB game. The Blackman offense was very productive in the first two games. I hear he was injured but he is definitely the most talented of the 2. But i was also referring to a few receivers that sit on the bench. Didn't the QB get injured? As far as turnovers your current QB has had several picks and fumbles each game and thanks to his lack of experience of not spiking the ball we won the game. He is ok but will not win you games. If Blackman would have opened it up with that other kid like you guys do now your season would be completely different, maybe one loss.

Go Patriots!

While I may agree that the "sitting on the bench" is a better passer, there's a whole lot more to playing the position than chucking a football.popcorneater.gif

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That kid you guys have on the bench is better in all phases of the QB game. The Blackman offense was very productive in the first two games. I hear he was injured but he is definitely the most talented of the 2. But i was also referring to a few receivers that sit on the bench. Didn't the QB get injured? As far as turnovers your current QB has had several picks and fumbles each game and thanks to his lack of experience of not spiking the ball we won the game. He is ok but will not win you games. If Blackman would have opened it up with that other kid like you guys do now your season would be completely different, maybe one loss.

Go Patriots!

Call me crazy, but I will trust Coach Shad and Coach Robbins (Qb coach), who have well over 50 years of experience combined coaching offense and quarterbacks, to decide who should be playing that position. Raw talent can only take somebody so far, especially at that position.

call me crazy but the word is that not all coaches have agreed with the decision and don't forget your other QB has been injured i heard fractured ribs. As far as Shad, he is a great coach but his passing game is a two man game that doesn't rquire a QB to do much. Your other QB has more team support than your starter at least according to a few players from this side of town. Who knows what Robbins thinks but i bet you it isn't his decision. One is a D-1 prospect and that isn't the one playing.

Call me crazy, but I will trust Coach Shad and Coach Robbins (Qb coach), who have well over 50 years of experience combined coaching offense and quarterbacks, to decide who should be playing that position. Raw talent can only take somebody so far, especially at that position.

call me crazy but the word is that not all coaches have agreed with the decision and don't forget your other QB has been injured i heard fractured ribs. As far as Shad, he is a great coach but his passing game is a two man game that doesn't rquire a QB to do much. Your other QB has more team support than your starter at least according to a few players from this side of town. Who knows what Robbins thinks but i bet you it isn't his decision. One is a D-1 prospect and that isn't the one playing.

You obviously haven't been around Coach Robbins much. If he wanted somebody to play, at that position, he would be playing! I can't speak to the "injury" situation, but he did play in the Smyrna game. I don't think you put a kid with fractured ribs in a game for mop-up duty.

The only D-1 prospect I have seen at that position is the transfer (can't remember name right now), #15. That kid can play....just not sure about the arm yet, as he is just a Soph.

Actually the one on the bench is the one with the rib issue, which is what led to the benching. Since returning he has yet to earn the position. Just so you know we are two plays from being 7-1. At Oakland we had a tailback that ran to the wrong hole and then forgets the next play and runs into the back of the QB. Both times the offensive line had completely collapsed the left side of the d-line and he could have walked in. At Bradley Central we had several passes that went off of receivers hands, one in the third qtr on a slant that hit the receiver on the numbers and he dropped what would have be a touchdown. One deflected of a receivers hands into the defenders hands (6 minutes left in the 4th). A tailback that fumbled at the 12 yard line with 2 minutes left in the game and still the QB your doubting made a great run to get the the ball down to the 25 yd line got out of bounds in time for us to miss a 42yd field goal as time expired.

If we had receivers that could catch the QB your doubting would have at least 12 TD passes.

Hey I go an idea. Why don't you go sow discord in you own back yard. Heck join your head coach and cuss out you own team.popcorneater.gif

Edited by mykidsdad

Well since we are talking about QBs now here is my take on the Blackman QBs. None of this will matter next year because your freshman QB is pretty darn good and your JV QB is the one to watch. Can't remember his number but the kid can throw it for days or pull it down and make people miss as he is high stepping into the endzone. I can smell the controversy brewing already.

Edited by milo118

Go Patriots!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:35 AM

"Blackman should win but they appear to be soft and predictable. Siegel provided the blue print on how to stop the Blackman offense which seems to be run oriented with play action setting up most passes. They seem to work off the combo of curl, flat to RB or clear with fly RB to flat and TE in some type of corner/out. They work one side of the field and hardly ever throw over the middle unless it's an occasional slant. Without I'tavious Mathers providing miracles this offense is as basic as it gets.

GO STARS!"

All right "Dad"....which one is it? Stars or Pats? Did you forget?

Might it be you are a supporter of neither, but a disgruntled parent of a player on another team. Hmmmmm. I wonder who it might be. You seem to know a LOT about the Blackman season and how their offense is run just to be a casual fan of another team (which ever one that might be). Just sayin.

'ANY' team would be lucky to have Coach Robbins as its QB Coach. He is a LARGE part of Shad's success. While he may not have made the calls, you can bet he taught Shad the passing plays that were called.

Now as to which particular QB is playing, it could be for a number of issues both on and OFF the field. Also 'attitude' may have something to do with it to go along with Boo Boo ribs.

Good Luck Blackman. Pulling for Ruth County in this one.

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:35 AM

"Blackman should win but they appear to be soft and predictable. Siegel provided the blue print on how to stop the Blackman offense which seems to be run oriented with play action setting up most passes. They seem to work off the combo of curl, flat to RB or clear with fly RB to flat and TE in some type of corner/out. They work one side of the field and hardly ever throw over the middle unless it's an occasional slant. Without I'tavious Mathers providing miracles this offense is as basic as it gets.

GO STARS!"

All right "Dad"....which one is it? Stars or Pats? Did you forget?

Might it be you are a supporter of neither, but a disgruntled parent of a player on another team. Hmmmmm. I wonder who it might be. You seem to know a LOT about the Blackman season and how their offense is run just to be a casual fan of another team (which ever one that might be). Just sayin.

BB your spot on, besides I've got a pretty good idea who this is. popcorneater.gif