Brentwood vs. Blackman

MyHumbleOpinion

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said a couple weeks ago... Continue to improve, reduce turnovers, hang around and give ourselves a chance to win, and peak at end. Brentwood has very good team and this was a big win for Blackman as they get ready for the playoffs.

Congrats to all the Blaze players for hanging around tonight and getting a big 'team win'. Enjoy the weekend and lets go get Lavergne. Every game matters.

It's starting to look like District 7AAA is still pretty good.

Edited by DaBlueRaider

Nothing to see here folks move along. I'd rather be lucky than good. I don't know how Blackmane won, but no one cares how. Special teams were really special. Defense gave up a ton of yards. On offense ZERO style points, we looked anemic. Our offense was terrible after the first drive, couldn't block, we completed one pass all night and it was off a tip. When we did get time and put the ball where it was supposed to be we couldn't catch it.

Now to the other side. What a well coached team, offense really fits the personal. Shows that you have to coach to the talent you have. Great use of the tight end. A position that gets lost is high school football. The tight end screen call was genius. This team should make a good run in the post season. popcorneater.gif

Nothing to see here folks move along. I'd rather be lucky than good. I don't know how Blackmane won, but no one cares how. Special teams were really special. Defense gave up a ton of yards. On offense ZERO style points, we looked anemic. Our offense was terrible after the first drive, couldn't block, we completed one pass all night and it was off a tip. When we did get time and put the ball where it was supposed to be we couldn't catch it.

Now to the other side. What a well coached team, offense really fits the personal. Shows that you have to coach to the talent you have. Great use of the tight end. A position that gets lost is high school football. The tight end screen call was genius. This team should make a good run in the post season. popcorneater.gif

Better to lose now than in the playoffs. You can always learn something about your team with a loss. Brentwood will make a good run and this game will help them prepare even more.

The D didn't give up a ton....less than 300 yds, which is well under their avg. They say you have to win 2 out of 3 to win. I'd say the D won....bend but don't break. We stopped them several times in the red zone. Special teams was a resounding win. Scored off the blocked kick and recovered the opening kick.

Now to the offense. After the first drive, I thought we were rolling. Then it is like we hit a brick wall and couldn't do much of anything. 160 yards....half on the opening drive. You can't get away with that very often. Hopefully we can cure some ills against a Lavergne D that has given up some points. Although they have been scoring a bunch here lately as well. We are now in the playoffs, but won't stick around long if we don't play better.