CHATTANOOGA DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP PICKS- JUST FOR FUN

CHAMPDDS

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like a match between the Eagles and the Irish is just not meant to be this year. So much for Grandparents day - the Hurricanes may make some noise on their way to AAA.

Actually, Grace will play East Hamilton now , and CSAS travels to McMinn.....So they may still have a prayer to play the Irish...

EAST HAMILTON 3

CSAS 0

I'm speaking Boogereese...It's an early prediction...

It looks like a match between the Eagles and the Irish is just not meant to be this year. So much for Grandparents day - the Hurricanes may make some noise on their way to AAA.

EH only beat Grace 1-0 in regular season but Grace was without their lone senior who is an impact player. The canes may have improved also but I predict a good game and like Grace's chances if they can get to PKs. If Grace pulls it off and ND handles their biz against Smith, the Reformation game is only a game away like it was last year. Regardless, Grace's front line is still very young and if they get that far the season will be a huge success regardless of the outcome against ND. Still love to see it...if for nothing more than to say we played this year and silence the all the whining about Senior, Grandparents, Second Cousin Once removed day...and all water should be served in paper cups to put everyone at ease. popcorneater.gif

McMinn Central 1-0 victory over Grace

This game could have gone either way expecially if ref has enough guts to call obvioius foul in MC box at end of game... but I have to say MC certainly earned the win. Their 10 seniors played like veterans and out hustled Grace's much younger mid-field and front line most of the contest. Kept it down Grace's throat and out shot them probably 3 or 4 to 1 giving the Grace D a workout. Sure the Grace keeper had well over 20 saves and forced MC to make a nice combo pass to score on a back post deflection despite getting a hand on it as well...but MC was relentless. I'd say they are the team to beat in District 5/6 this year but questionable if they can get past ND/CCS into State. Tough to tell how their defense would hold up against experienced front line.