Worth / Lady Raider Invitational

ERA

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dropball,

We want to limit the teams to 16 total. Field space is a problem in our community. We looked at teams that are year in and year out in the state tourney. What teams would you drop? Some of the teams you refer to were invited and could not come. The weakest team if you drop one from Tennessee is Coffee County, the host team. I think they will remain in the tournament. We had two teams from Alabama back out today. There is a waiting list to get in. There may be room for some more Tennessee teams after November 10th, which is the last date invited teams can return entry forms. This is the first year for this tournament. It sprang from an idea we had last year to get the best teams in Tennessee together on one weekend. I'm sure we will make some mistakes this first year, but will get better with time. I'm sorry if your team did not get an invitation, they could give us a call and get on the waiting list.

Jeff Breeden

Coffee County Softball

No doubt this will be a great tournament. Hey F-natic, Dickson County may be a good choice. Course you are not whining since H'ville is there. :( Who knows who'll have the "Best Team" in Tennessee this year. I hear there is a great player in Campbell County, maybe they should be included?

Let me offer a suggestion for consideration. Since there may be several darkhourses out there and since no one admits to being a reincarnated "Edger Cayce" maybe you guys could use one of the early tournaments (Example, Hendersonville) as a qualifier. Of course the host team should always be included. :)

If you do something like this, no one from TN should complain when you state on your web page "The Very Best Teams From The Southeast" will be at your tournament.

I think it is great that the people from Coffee County are always thinking of ways to improve our sport. Great job Jeff, ERA, Worth, and Gang!

Mr. D (that woman takes over everthing)

yeah, I can't wait for this. Mr. Dball, I was whining

because H'ville is there (lol)!; maybe Dickson can take

our place :(

Another idea, since this is the best tournament with the

best teams that did not win a state championship in TN last

year, lets just call it the real Spring Fling, and not

worry about having the state tournament in May!

• 3 weeks later...

Originally, we wanted to bring in 8-10 out of state teams. Due to prior engagements, proms, and number of games other state associations allow, we were forced to add several extra Tennessee teams. I still think the tournament will be very competitive. Again, special thanks to Worth and Schutt for sponsoring the tournament.

The following 16 teams will be attending the tournament:

TN- Coffee County, Ezell-Harding, David Lipscomb, Goodpasture, Soddy Daisy, GPS, Boyd Buchanan, Beech, Hendersonville, St. Benedict

AL- Hoover, Pisgah, Clay-Chalkville

KY- Owensboro Catholic

MS- Terry, East Central