DeKalb County at Livingston Academy

King21

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the whipping DC took last year from LA, it is hard to be anything but humble. We were humiliated and have a lot yet to prove.

That said, I do not believe our boys were properly focused in that game with little riding on it. The score got out of hand quickly and it appeared that we somewhat folded to lick our wounds and prepare for the playoffs.

Lack of focus should not be a problem for either team this Friday. It is odd to feel confident after the 2011 score but I am. Early in the season, I would have said we must play our absolute best game to win. Based upon outcomes against like opponents and observation of team speed and improved decision making, DC looks to be the better team this year. I still think we will have to play very well but whereas early in the year I would have said we would be 10 point dogs; I now think we should be favored.

LA is really good, Hayes and McCoin are great but this is not the same DC team as last year. DC is easily 21 points better than the 2011 team was (it has shown week in and week out). Smith, York, etc. can attest to that. With our senior class this may be our best shot for a couple years.

Outside of the obvious (DC slow down the run; LA slow down the pass) Keys will be turnovers and penalties. DC has stopped itself on offense more this year than any defense has by penalties. Turnovers always play spoiler for favorites. IF penalties and TO's are even; my pick is DC by 11. (DC 39 LA 28) I checked last years scores to see about decalbs improvement & comparing last years scores vs york, smith co, upperman dc is a 31 pt better team than last year. So add that 31 pt to your score of last years la game & guess what? You still loose! Lol! DC will come to fight but LA wins 47-31

Like I said, I don't mean any offense to anyone about a post referring to last years team. Everyone knows you guys have gotten better, obviously. However, Livingston has definitely improved, too. Definitely interested in the individual match-ups Friday night. I think that as a group Livingston Academy has one of the best offensive lines in the state of Tennessee, so I am not worried about many people getting many chances to get McCoin and Hayes in the backfield.

LOL. Lyonheart. That would have been my reply as well.

I don't think the game last year was indicative of the true spread between the teams. That said, DC still has a lot to prove.

From what I have seen and heard, King's comment about your O line is the biggest concern I have for our team. I think our D-line is up to the challenge. Let's strap 'em up.

Wishing both teams safe outcomes and would love to see us in different quads come playoffs so both can try to make a deep run.

We have got in the backfield with ease in every game so far, so I can't wait to see how we match up. Stopping the pass will be hard for LA. Especially if we line up five wide like we did against York. That takes alot of athleticism to cover all of the receivers when you have a qb that can put it on the money. On the other hand, stopping the run will be hard for DC. Any way you think about it.. it just looks like it's going to be great. I won't say we've seen better than Hayes and McCoin, but we have played some good backs this year, so hopefully they will be more prepared.

Having seen both teams play, I will have to go with DC in this one. These two teams are Smith Co.'s only 2 losses and that is something to be said. SC is always a tough team to beat and both of these teams have done it. In my opinion, I'm not sure LA's secondary can keep up with the many weapons of DC's offense. Yes McCoin and Hayes are very talented (not as good as Manning IMO), but I think DC's defense has what it takes to hold them off for the win. Good luck to both teams as well as in the playoffs.

Alright!!! Here we go. The BIG game is here. So far this year all we have read is how dominate Dekalb is. Reading about their stats and comparing game scores. How their defense is going to wear out LA and their is no way LA can can defend the pass. How one particular poster had said DC has 4-5 players better than McCoin and Hayes. That they have the best WR in the state and best line in the state. I will say this, that if flapping fingers the most on CoachT had any bearing on the out come of the game Friday night, by all means DC rolls!

Now for stats and comparing game scores. Has any of the DC faithful mentioned their two toughest district games to date (SC and YAI) were home games? That LA's two toughest district games (SC and YAI) were both road games?

Speaking of road games LA has played SC, York, and White House on the road and neither team mentioned has slowed LA none. I realize LA did not slow down White House, but LA is not playing them. So, here's my question. Has Dekalb been in a dogfight on the road this year? Last year? No doubt, having watched DC play, they are good, but they have not played anyone close to the team they will play friday at HOG-EYE!!

Now if Dekalb has 4-5 players better than McCoin or Hayes, they were not dressed the night I watched them. Again, i think Dekalb is very good but anyone thinking 4-5 players are better are wearing the Black and Gold colored glasses. Molander is fast, but LA has a player or two that got a little foot speed theirselves even if they do have 2 left feet.

I agree with most, the game will be won with line play and defense. LA has defended DC the last 3 years pretty good. I know I know...DC is bigger and better with pretty much the same group. Well mano a mano. LA is bigger and better with pretty much the same group. Does that mean that the score comparison from the last 3 years with the same kids playing the same kids mean LA wins? Nope, all it means is its the past. This is 2012, week 11 and last game before the playoffs that will likely mean a rematch in 3 more weeks if both keep winning.

Should be a good one. I for one expect an LA win at home!!

With all this said and more to come, I am exhausted from flapping my fingers! Yall carry on!popcorneater.gif

GO HOG-EYE!!!

Edited by BigDaddy_1

Alright!!! Here we go. The BIG game is here. So far this year all we have read is how dominate Dekalb is. Reading about their stats and comparing game scores. How their defense is going to wear out LA and their is no way LA can can defend the pass. How one particular poster had said DC has 4-5 players better than McCoin and Hayes. That they have the best WR in the state and best line in the state. I will say this, that if flapping fingers the most on CoachT had any bearing on the out come of the game Friday night, by all means DC rolls!

Now for stats and comparing game scores. Has any of the DC faithful mentioned their two toughest district games to date (SC and YAI) were home games? That LA's two toughest district games (SC and YAI) were both road games?

Speaking of road games LA has played SC, York, and White House on the road and neither team mentioned has slowed LA none. I realize LA did not slow down White House, but LA is not playing them. So, here's my question. Has Dekalb been in a dogfight on the road this year? Last year? No doubt, having watched DC play, they are good, but they have not played anyone close to the team they will play friday at HOG-EYE!!

Now if Dekalb has 4-5 players better than McCoin or Hayes, they were not dressed the night I watched them. Again, i think Dekalb is very good but anyone thinking 4-5 players are better are wearing the Black and Gold colored glasses. Molander is fast, but LA has a player or two that got a little foot speed theirselves even if they do have 2 left feet.

I agree with most, the game will be won with line play and defense. LA has defended DC the last 3 years pretty good. I know I know...DC is bigger and better with pretty much the same group. Well mano a mano. LA is bigger and better with pretty much the same group. Does that mean that the score comparison from the last 3 years with the same kids playing the same kids mean LA wins? Nope, all it means is its the past. This is 2012, week 11 and last game before the playoffs that will likely mean a rematch in 3 more weeks if both keep winning.

Should be a good one. I for one expect an LA win at home!!

With all this said and more to come, I am exhausted from flapping my fingers! Yall carry on!popcorneater.gif

GO HOG-EYE!!!

I hope that rematch is at home...so you know what that means!