York @ Smith County

glover

Sounds like a heart stopper for sure in the hole last night. Got to give the Dragons a lil respect for the points they put on the board. I know many Owl fans would argue the point that much of that was just no tackling, missed assignments etc.etc. Still a win is a win is a good win. Good luck to both teams next week and make some noise in the play-offs.

This poster has been out of pocket the last 2 yrs and has sort of lost out on most of the teams in this area. Trying to make a come back myself on the know of H.S. Football. Didn't realize that Coach Brown was still at York until last night. Last I remember he was retiring and stepping down. I have always respected his effort as a coach. He gets more out of a team with less talent than just about any coach I ever knew. (Jimmy Maynord the best at that IMO). Congrats coach Brown against the high flying Eagles of Westmoreland next week.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gave them two scores. White House is a much better football team than York, no offense meant. I think Coach Maynord and the Owls will be highly prepared for that York offense.

Well even after our star running back was sick all week until thursday and three of our starting linemen didn't play, we still put 40 on the board. SC had a good pass game and running back, but we did better than anyone but our own coach predicted.

Enjoyed the game, hated to lose it after being up 20-6 but it is what it is. I will say that this was the absolute proudest I've been of our kids all year. To go in and fight as hard as they did missing sick starters (and a hand full playing hurt) and come as close as they did says an awful lot about the heart this football team has. I'll miss this group of seniors in a big way.

Congrats to the Owls and good luck in the playoffs.

PS thanks for the great directions!

Enjoyed the game, hated to lose it after being up 20-6 but it is what it is. I will say that this was the absolute proudest I've been of our kids all year. To go in and fight as hard as they did missing sick starters (and a hand full playing hurt) and come as close as they did says an awful lot about the heart this football team has. I'll miss this group of seniors in a big way.

Congrats to the Owls and good luck in the playoffs.

PS thanks for the great directions!

Your welcome. Best of luck against Westy.

That hollow win against a White House team without 5 starters may have you boys feeling a little more over confident than you should be. Look what the mighty Sycamore Eagles done to the Blue Devils. Westmoreland may not have showed their entire hand till this point as well. Just a thought little guys.

How does our hollow win compare to your expected loss compare?