Wilson Central vs Mt Juliet (Thursday Night Lights)

VandyFan7

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The WC players are ready. Majority of the games this season everyone has picked the opposing team b/c just about everyone has beat them the past two years. Its a different more mature team and few teams have been able to run the ball on this Central D. It's going to be a big battle for the Wilson County championship.

From a Hendersonville fan who has played both teams:

1. Running game-edge to MJ

2. Passing: slight edge to WC

3. Defense: big edge to WC, Hville had over 400 yds and 31 points against MJ. Had maybe 125 against WC and 12 points.

4. WC wins 24-21

I give the running/passing edge both to WC, but slightly for both.

My look on this?

Mount Juliet hasn't really impressed me all season long, especially in the last three games. Three straight games they SHOULD have lost but have found a way to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. Well, Wilson Central won't make that mistake again (a la Beech).

I'm comparing this to the Wilson Central vs LaVergne game. Close at the end of the first half, WC runs away with it in the second. I know that sounds like what I said last week for the WC/SC game, but I think it holds true this week more than any other week.

Wilson Central is 5-6 all time against Mt. Juliet, losing the last 3 before winning the 5 before that and losing the first three of the series.

Could Wilson Central win the next 5 in a row per the series statistic? Doubt it, but this could be lopsided victory for WC, almost as bad as when they walloped MJ back in 2004 and in 2005.

Call me crazy, but just a feeling...

They haven't beat MJ since 07.

Close, 2008 was their last win against Mt. Juliet.

Season Series

2001: Mt. Juliet beats Wilson Central, 21-18

2002: Mt. Juliet beats Wilson Central, 41-14

2003: Mt. Juliet beats Wilson Central, 27-0

2004: Wilson Central beats Mt. Juliet, 28-7

2005: Wilson Central beats Mt. Juliet, 31-0

2006: Wilson Central beats Mt. Juliet, 28-10

2007: Wilson Central beats Mt. Juliet, 13-6

2008: Wilson Central beats Mt. Juliet, 39-27

2009: Mt. Juliet beats Wilson Central, 35-3

2010: Mt. Juliet beats Wilson Central, 14-6

2011: Mt. Juliet beats Wilson Central, 42-6

Close, 2008 was their last win against Mt. Juliet.

Season Series

2001: Mt. Juliet beats Wilson Central, 21-18

2002: Mt. Juliet beats Wilson Central, 41-14

2003: Mt. Juliet beats Wilson Central, 27-0

2004: Wilson Central beats Mt. Juliet, 28-7

2005: Wilson Central beats Mt. Juliet, 31-0

2006: Wilson Central beats Mt. Juliet, 28-10

2007: Wilson Central beats Mt. Juliet, 13-6

2008: Wilson Central beats Mt. Juliet, 39-27

2009: Mt. Juliet beats Wilson Central, 35-3

2010: Mt. Juliet beats Wilson Central, 14-6

2011: Mt. Juliet beats Wilson Central, 42-6

It doesnt matter what the past records are, its a NEW TEAM every year for all schools. Players come players go, Kids grow up. This year I believe that WC has a GREAT team that plays as a TEAM. Roundtree has matured as a leader of the TEAM. He has played very well under stressful situations and questionable play calls at times. The WC Defense is solid because they play as a unit. Lastly, the support from the student section has helped a lot ..GO BLUE ZOO!!

I give the running/passing edge both to WC, but slightly for both.

My look on this?

Mount Juliet hasn't really impressed me all season long, especially in the last three games. Three straight games they SHOULD have lost but have found a way to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. Well, Wilson Central won't make that mistake again (a la Beech).

I'm comparing this to the Wilson Central vs LaVergne game. Close at the end of the first half, WC runs away with it in the second. I know that sounds like what I said last week for the WC/SC game, but I think it holds true this week more than any other week.

Wilson Central is 5-6 all time against Mt. Juliet, losing the last 3 before winning the 5 before that and losing the first three of the series.

Could Wilson Central win the next 5 in a row per the series statistic? Doubt it, but this could be lopsided victory for WC, almost as bad as when they walloped MJ back in 2004 and in 2005.

Call me crazy, but just a feeling...

StatManTN-

How did MJ " snatch victory from the jaws of defeat from Station Camp and Cookeville " ? The Cookeville game was never in question; and even had Station Camp scored at the end of the game; they would have had to have gone for two pts. to win the game. They did not score.

We made a play to beat Hendersonville at the end after leading most of the game; just as Wilson Central made a play to beat Portland at the end of that game.

This will be a great game; with playmakers on each team. Turnovers and penalties will decide this one.

GO BEARS !

How did MJ " snatch victory from the jaws of defeat from Station Camp and Cookeville " ? The Cookeville game was never in question; and even had Station Camp scored at the end of the game; they would have had to have gone for two pts. to win the game. They did not score.

Correct me, because I may be wrong (serious), but weren't Cookeville/MJ tied 24 apiece at one point in the 3rd or 4th quarter? Granted they came back and won by nearly 20, but that still made the game very highly in question.

The fact remains that 3 sub-.500 teams have nearly beat Mt. Juliet. That's all I'm pointing out.

Did Portland nearly beat Wilson Central? You betcha, however I can't think of any other team that has been anywhere close to beating Wilson Central besides the obvious loss to Beech.

That's my whole point. You can take it as it is.