Wilson Central vs Mt Juliet (Thursday Night Lights)

VandyFan7

I don't know if WC can hang with MJ. Perry has had the Kitties' number the past couple of years and he's about to dial it up again. I doubt the WC defense can stop the 1-2 punch of Hopkins and McCathern and I'm still not convinced the WC offense is as potent as advertised.

MJ 31 WC 21

We shall see.Be careful,Its best not to make those cats mad!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if WC can hang with MJ. Perry has had the Kitties' number the past couple of years and he's about to dial it up again. I doubt the WC defense can stop the 1-2 punch of Hopkins and McCathern and I'm still not convinced the WC offense is as potent as advertised.

MJ 31 WC 21

Don't believe that the Cat's will be taking any calls from Perry on Thursday. My hope

is that we can keep it close and hope for an upset? The stats suggest a long nite for MJ.

Don't believe that the Cat's will be taking any calls from Perry on Thursday. My hope

is that we can keep it close and hope for an upset? The stats suggest a long nite for MJ.

Long night for MJ? It hasn't happened since '08, and it's not happening on Thursday.

It's simple to me. Central can't stop Hopkins or McCathern.

My prediciction:

MJ- 35

WC-10

What stats are you talking about? From the stats WC should have the upper hand plus yal have already predicted a lopsided win or at least one of your people did.

Stop me if I'm wrong here, but how in the world can anyone not respect Wilson Central's rush defense now?

Rushing does not work against the Wildcats, passing has been the only successful option for any team that has come close to beating them.

NOW, the only exception there was Portland's crazy-stupid Single Wing offense that no one has seen in 60 years. Past that? Not even Hendersonville's 8 running backs could run the ball against Wilson Central. Jalen Hurd only had 70 yards against them.

I don't think that anyone that knows anything about football is underestimating WC's defense. They have had a very good defense ever since Dedman has been there including his D-Coordinator days. He is anexcellent coach and knows the defensive side of football. It will tough for anyone to rush agains WC, but i still dont see a lopsided win that you speak of.

I don't think that anyone that knows anything about football is underestimating WC's defense. They have had a very good defense ever since Dedman has been there including his D-Coordinator days. He is anexcellent coach and knows the defensive side of football. It will tough for anyone to rush agains WC, but i still dont see a lopsided win that you speak of.

Questioning the lopsided win? Yeah, that's ok :) I'm usually never right in my score predictions anyways lol

I just don't understand people saying that teams are going to run all over Wilson Central, it's yet to happen

MJ 31 WC 21

Who are you and why are you constantly getting a new screen name just so you can insult WC? Our team is 8-1,Our defense stopped the best running back in the state.Our Qb is the leading passer in the district with over 1000 yards.Our senior receiver has an offer at a prestigious school.Quess what,they dont have to prove anything to you,they have already proved it.Who knows what will happen thursday night,we will all wait and see.You dont like WC,ok we get it,grow up.

Hurd had 77 yards and a TD before being injured and not running the ball anymore in the game. I wouldn't necessarily say that he was stopped as is if he would've continued playing, he would have been well over a 100 yards (which most running backs would feel was a pretty successful night). Was it a successful night for what he is used to? Absolutely not. Did Wilson Central effectively contain him. Yes, they did.

Mt Juliet has a great running game. McCathern is powerful and Hopkins in super fast, but Wilson Central's defense should not be underestimated. They are fully capable of handling Mt. Juliet's running game.

As for the passing game, Chowbay is not the QB that Roundtree is (not yet), and if he is on Friday night and his receivers do their part, Wilson Central comes away with this win.

Hurd had 77 yards and a TD before being injured and not running the ball anymore in the game. I wouldn't necessarily say that he was stopped as is if he would've continued playing, he would have been well over a 100 yards (which most running backs would feel was a pretty successful night). Was it a successful night for what he is used to? Absolutely not. Did Wilson Central effectively contain him. Yes, they did.

Mt Juliet has a great running game. McCathern is powerful and Hopkins in super fast, but Wilson Central's defense should not be underestimated. They are fully capable of handling Mt. Juliet's running game.

As for the passing game, Chowbay is not the QB that Roundtree is (not yet), and if he is on Friday night and his receivers do their part, Wilson Central comes away with this win.

Well over a 100?? Doubtful. He was averaging I guess you would say 25 a quarter. Yal beat us in the air on this particular night. So If he was to continue to get yards on the ground to break 100 on central's defense yal wouldnt not have won. Like I said yal won in the air just like Mount juliet would have to do if they have any chance beating Central.

Far as Chowbay not being a Roundtree. Lets not forget Roundtree on a team with 2 wins his sophomore year he threw for about 1200 yards(8.5 games). His offensive line was young. He had someone in his face constantly and his leading receivers this year.. Chris Lee, Alex Price, and Gabe Angel. Chris was out for 6 games and Angel was just in 8th grade, and we did not graduate any receivers. Central's offensive line deserve a lot of respect this year. They have kept our qb protected and we have a great ground game. I give the edge to Central in defense, offense, and special teams.