Future of Soddy Daisy Football

SDFOOTBALLFAN

From what I saw this year Soddy Daisy is going to struggle for several years unless there is some good talent coming from the middle schools and of course if there is a coaching change. I heard all kinds of rumors last night about Orr. Some say he is staying some say he is going. I will tell you this if he does not go the numbers will be down from this year (Only about 50 - 55 kids on varsity) because nobody wants to play for him. Not that he is a bad guy he is just not a football coach. But anyone who has watched Soddy this year knows if a new coach comes in he has his work cut out for him becasuse Soddy just does not have hardly any talent coming back. My opinion is with the exception of QB I dont know that they have a kid that could start anywhere else in our district. Yes that includes Rhea County. There are some kids that have the talent but the ones that do, dont have the heart. The truth is Soddy is headed down hill fast and unless they hire a coach that is strong enough to stop a freight train they are going to become the team everyone wants to play for homecoming just like they were in the late 80s and early 90s.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, it's in the best interest of the district teams that all teams are more successful. As we're seeing, the more teams with winning records, the better the standings for the playoffs. So, while wins get you moving forward, quality wins could hold you back when it comes to the crazy TSSAA playoff scenario.

A new coach would have a distinct advantage in that there's nowhere to go but up. For the sake of the program, a change is likely necessary. Any suitable candidates known?

First call should be to the man who brought Soddy Dasiy football back in the mid nineties. Lots of his former players have children coming into the high school and I'm sure 99 percent of them would love to have him back at Soddy Daisy. We all know he loves a challenge of building a program. Another person who should receive a phone call is Sid Fritts. Very good football coach in Georgia who has family in Dunlap and Hixson. He has been interested in the opening at Soddy Daisy in previous years. Both guys are hard nosed strict coaches. They would get the boys out of the halls and on the field. Look at all other sports at SDHS, no reason to get mercy ruled almost each game against our district. We should be competitive with these teams and at least have a 5-5 or 6-4 season with the occasional 8-2 or 7-3. Let's see what happens in the next few weeks. Should be interesting.

First call should be to the man who brought Soddy Dasiy football back in the mid nineties. Lots of his former players have children coming into the high school and I'm sure 99 percent of them would love to have him back at Soddy Daisy. We all know he loves a challenge of building a program. Another person who should receive a phone call is Sid Fritts. Very good football coach in Georgia who has family in Dunlap and Hixson. He has been interested in the opening at Soddy Daisy in previous years. Both guys are hard nosed strict coaches. They would get the boys out of the halls and on the field. Look at all other sports at SDHS, no reason to get mercy ruled almost each game against our district. We should be competitive with these teams and at least have a 5-5 or 6-4 season with the occasional 8-2 or 7-3. Let's see what happens in the next few weeks. Should be interesting.

This thread will blow up in a few days.

If something don't come out by Monday, it is time for a new principal.

The principal seems like a fine man, and the school is outstanding. You want to get rid of everyone because our football team has below average talent. Tyners head coach set a world record for losses at Kirkman. He goes to Tyner and now hes one of the most respected coaches in our area.Bill Price didnt set the world on fire at Coffee Co., yet has built a good football program at Signal. If you have an eduamacation, you may can connect the dots...........good football players equal good football teams. Maybe little johnny aint so good. We have great community support, and a great school. We need more football players, not a new principal........Holy Moly

The principal seems like a fine man, and the school is outstanding. You want to get rid of everyone because our football team has below average talent. Tyners head coach set a world record for losses at Kirkman. He goes to Tyner and now hes one of the most respected coaches in our area.Bill Price didnt set the world on fire at Coffee Co., yet has built a good football program at Signal. If you have an eduamacation, you may can connect the dots...........good football players equal good football teams. Maybe little johnny aint so good. We have great community support, and a great school. We need more football players, not a new principal........Holy Moly

We don't have community support! Where the heck do you live? I pretty sure will get to find out whether its the talent of the kids next year. I am pretty sure one variable will CHANGE!

We don't have community support! Where the heck do you live? I pretty sure will get to find out whether its the talent of the kids next year. I am pretty sure one variable will CHANGE!

Steve Henry will take care of the sports programs at Soddy Daisy if at all possible, the man likes to win.. Ive always told my sons, if you dont like the results your getting,start by fixing the man in the mirror first. Ive always been proud of the support our community shows our young men, matter of fact its part of what has always made our family feel good about coming to Soddy Daisy. I live in Soddy by God.......

you need to get a coach who will has faith in his team and coaches . Then this coach needs to walk the halls and ask boys to play , even the boys who quit .it needs to be done before jan. where he can get a weight program going . I hope that the program comes back up because it has a great history.Plus you got to get the parent to have faith and let the coach be the coach.

There are good football players walking the halls or going elsewhere to play because of the INCOMPETENT COACHING ABILITY of those fine men trying (not because of lack of community support). There is a fine group of football players at Loftis right now in the 8th grade. They are headed somewhere. They would love to play for the Trojans, but rumor has it a couple may be headed to Baylor and a few to Hixson if changes are not made soon. I do not blame them one bit. I refuse to believe that Soddy-Daisy can't be competitive in football when they are competitive in just about every other sport that they participate, including bowling and skeet shooting. Furthermore, it is beyond just losing a football game. When you think you have to fight to prove something, then there is something very wrong. Unfortunately the kids have not been taught any better because some of the COACHING STAFF has been in fights. And yes it is past time the principal acts. This has been going on for more than one year.