Future of Soddy Daisy Football

SDFOOTBALLFAN

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are good football players walking the halls or going elsewhere to play because of the INCOMPETENT COACHING ABILITY of those fine men trying (not because of lack of community support). There is a fine group of football players at Loftis right now in the 8th grade. They are headed somewhere. They would love to play for the Trojans, but rumor has it a couple may be headed to Baylor and a few to Hixson if changes are not made soon. I do not blame them one bit. I refuse to believe that Soddy-Daisy can't be competitive in football when they are competitive in just about every other sport that they participate, including bowling and skeet shooting. Furthermore, it is beyond just losing a football game. When you think you have to fight to prove something, then there is something very wrong. Unfortunately the kids have not been taught any better because some of the COACHING STAFF has been in fights. And yes it is past time the principal acts. This has been going on for more than one year.

What coaches have been in fights? seriously man these kids fight because they are undisciplined and that starts at home! What about the parents standing by the locker room when the whole teams comes up for halftime and they are out there just letting the coaches have it cussing at them and stating how your sick of this crap!(losing and getting mercy ruled). I for one and sick of it too, but if you think the coaches are fine with being mercy ruled and losing bad to any team that is on the schedule, then you are insane. My question is how in the world does a principle have anything to do with the football teams success or lack there of! You want to fire everyone in hopes that it will solve all the problems! Your crazy and rediculous! Things may change, maybe they have to change as far as leadership! But you people need to have some class these coaches have put in way more time and effort, then you would ever know because they care, because they want to win, and because they love the players! I promise you these guys know football and do a good job trying to get these kids coached up, but this is a bad bunch of kids! My question is if the coaches are so bad, how did they beat red bank? If you were to line up red banks team to one side of the 50 yard line and Soddy's to the other, you wouldn't give soddy a chance to win in 10 out of 10 tries! Fact is the high and mighty E K Sluaghter got out coached! If you don't believe me go find Sluaghter and ask him! You people may get what you want, it is hard to tell right now what is going to happen! I promise you this these coaches did everything they could to win, did it work out? obviously it didn't but I know they did everything in their power scheme wise and in trying to get these kids to buy in! They may clean house and you people will be satisfied for a little while, but what happens when the next guy comes in and you get about the same results in the win/loss column? There isn't much talent there and there won't be for a couple of years! so yea scream for someone to get fired, yea be classless in doing so! But it will not change anything either way this thing goes! this is the worst soddy team in an extremely long time in terms of talent! You people are crazy! Now on the talent walking the halls, I have substitue taught up there a lot in the last two years and I can tell you that there isn't much talent in the halls, there might be a couple of athletes on the baseball team like the hicky kid or the clift kid! Rickets could help in the trenches, and the marshay kid who would be a difference maker, but outside of that there isn't talent to beat the majority of the teams in this district. Even those kids may change the record by two games, but 4-6 still wouldn't satisfy you people! The only coach that got into a scuffle that you are referring to was after the bradley game in which he was attacked by the bradley coaches on soddy's sideline! What would you do if I walked up to you from behind and just shoved you and hit you? Would you turn around and fight back to protect yourself and maybe want to whip me because your mad or would you back down and say you wouldn't want any trouble? So how about you people grow a backbone and stop posting stupidity like this, take off your navy and gold sunglasses and see the big picture! Also, get your facts straight before calling out coaches and principles! FLAME AWAY!!!!!!!!

I would say some names of interest would be E.K Slaughter, word is people Lion town are not so satisfied and since people in Soddy love him may ne a good fit. Chad Barger, had a great run in Sequatchie but a miserable year this year, may be ready for a change of scenery. Sam Montgomery, been a head coach at a couple places most recently at Central two years ago, been an assistant at Sequatchie the last couple years, may be ready to do his own thing again. Tony Webb, been at Lookout Valley for years and would probably want an opportunity to see if he can duplicate the success he has had at a larger school. Craig Campbell, current O.C. at Red Bank. Has applied for several head coaching jobs in the area the last few year but hasn't landed anything yet. Houston White, was at Hixson for several years was never extremely successful but familiar with the area and familiar with the program. Currently helping Lakeview Fort Oglethorpe have the best year they have had in years as the Off. C... Any other names lets hear them.

Talk about classless getting on here and saying "This is a bad bunch of kids" is pretty classless. When a team does bad the coach ALWAYS gets the blame. That is part of coaching and coaches know this when they decide to become coaches. If you cant take criticism dont be a coach. I dont agree with people standing outside the locker room and yelling and screaming at the coaches. If you have a problem with the coaches go talk to them one on one behind closed doors not out in front of everyone especially the kids. Ok now you say the coaches did everything they could with these kids scheme wise and coaching them up. I have to disagree. I was at every game and never one time saw an adjustment made during a game offensively or defensively. That is not working hard to win games. Even if it is a bad adjustment make an adjustment. These boys never improved during the year. When you cant tackle or block any better in week 10 then you did in week 0 you are not being coached. If you read every post in this thread even the ones taking up for the coaches you will see pretty much the same things. No discipline and kids not playing that should be. Both of these are a direct reflection of coaching. Sorry to hurt your feelings but that is the truth. A change has to be made and it needs to happen now or next year could be the worst season in the history of Soddy Daisy football.

Very interesting name I just heard about for a possible replacement is Vic Grider,South Pittsburg Pirates. If he's interested in this job then I wouldn't think it would do anyone else any good to apply. He's proven and has some state titles to prove it. Now with that being said. He has always had athletes. I can't figure out why he would leave a state power every year for such a rebuilding project and no athletes but will be interesting to see if anything here transpires.

Oh well, I'm not going to worry about it too much. It will be a few years until mine is in high school. I may just have to travel a little farther to see my nephews play. Somewhere like Baylor or Hixson.There is a pretty dog gone good 3 sport athlete going to be a freshman somewhere next year.

I will appologize for the way I worded my comment on bad bunch of kids! I meant in terms of athletes this is a bad bunch as a whole! These kids may be good kids and I will agree that there is a lack of discipline with this program! are coaches held responsible for this? Yes I agree with you all day long! These kids are fighting and taking cheap shots because of the frustration of losing and losing bad! My only question is how in the world can a coach control what these kids do on the field in terms of fighting? How you determine a coach is a discipline type guy is how he handles these kids after this stuff happens! There are some good athletes within this program, but truth is the few that there are just aren't good enough to carry this program to a winning season! Look at what cedric edwards brought to the table and what he did for the offense last couple of years! all of a sudden he is gone and the offense is suffering a bit! Had Talon Harris not been hurt last year, your probably looking at a two win difference and a playoff appearance! Take a deep threat at reciever and a good safety out of the back end of the defense last year and you see how bad that defense was! Also the offense couldn't stretch the field without him and that hurt them! take two good athletes away and look at what you get! A year like this year! There aren't any cedrics or Talons on the team or in the hallways! Look at mcminn if you took both of their stud runningbacks away from them this year they go from being 9-1 to 500 at best! You can say it is coaching all you want, but there aren't any athletes at SD! It isn't the x's and o's, it's the Jimmy's and Joe's! Is there going to be a change more than likely, but without someone bring in some athletes from outside of soddy daisy don't look for any big time success any time soon!