Giles Co vs Lipscomb

likearock

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I'd like to see the Mustangs pull an upset, I don't see it. Had they gone in as a higher seed, they might make it to the second round. There's always a chance, but not much of one. I think Lipscomb played a slightly tougher schedule, but not by a lot. The three teams on LA's schedule who are nomally tough to beat (Maplewood, Overton and Goodpasture) are all down this year. All of the teams Lipscomb beat had losing records. Lipscomb is getting better from the low last year, but I just think they'll come up short this year. I'm just hopeful, they bring their "A" game, and keep it close for as long as possible.

How does this Giles Co team compare to the 2009 team who won the state championship?

This subject has been tossed around all year long. To me the thing that will put this team ahead of 09 is another Gold Ball. This team has more more depth that womg talked about, but imo the fact that the same coaching staff has been in place, the coaches have come a long way as well. I would love to see the turnover margin from the 2 teams, I believe this team will have the edge. Either way the fact that we are even discussing this is a tribute to the coaches and players that put in all the work. THANKS BOBCAT NATION!!! GO CATS!!!