Giles Co vs Lipscomb

likearock

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Dad! Why the soccer game gotta be thrown in ?

Wait a minute I think I am suppose to stay in character here.

Well Mr. Egg, in the past few years since you boys in Giles County won the 4a Football State Championship, almost all your seasons have come to an end with Lipscomb sending you home. Look at all sports not just football. We try to be a well rounded institution here on Granny White Pike.

Wait a minute I think I am suppose to stay in character here.

Well Mr. Egg, in the past few years since you boys in Giles County won the 4a Football State Championship, almost all your seasons have come to an end with Lipscomb sending you home. Look at all sports not just football. We try to be a well rounded institution here on Granny White Pike.

you not gettin no dammmm fish!

But you are so very right DL has been a bur under our saddle since the 05 season. But this group Cats know, remember and are fully set to avenge those losses come Friday night.

All I know is that we have never won a football state championship without beating Lipscomb first, so lets take the first step Friday night. Rock I will swap you some deep fried turkey for some fish and wrap some bacon around my hot dog for some poor man filet mignon.

Deal on that turkey but I ain't touching ya hotdog.

We only have one gold ball to our credit and that season we did take our greatest victory over DL. Believe it or not I think this senior class wouldn't have it any other way than to face and beat DL on the field. This senior class was the first team, as freshmen to beat DL, that was in 09 when we won the state. Back then Alllllll those DL posters said it didn't mean a thing. It meant something to these now seniors and it will mean something Friday night. Really far more than it will mean to the DL team and fans I believe.

Well I could have thrown the baseball in also. Soccer because we are in same situation this year. Undefeated and Lipscomb coming to visit. Calm down and gimme 2.

Could have thrown in basketball as well.Anyone remember the '91 triple OT substate game and the '95 1st round state tournament game.Lipscomb has pretty much had the Bobcats number.We picked up a couple wins against them in basketball and we all remember the '09 football season.But we owe them a little payback for the '06,'08 and '10 playoffs.

Edited by bobcat93

Watched DL against a couple spread teams, PC and CPA, GC's spread is considerably better than either. Looks like DL likes to sell out vs the run or pass .....Cobb can have a field day passing and running. Just read and react.

GC's defense ........they won't be giving up much if anything from what I saw. Nobody is going to make a living running to the sidelines on us and if the tackles hold their position which I believe they will, it should be a great night for GC.