Page Patriots @ Signal Mountain Eagles

MountainTroll

Page @ Signal Mountain  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Page Patriots
    • Signal Mountain Eagles

mountain troll. albeit if u have a good band. but pages band is known on the national stage. hands down theyve always had a great marching band.

They are not coming to the Mountain but we will see them on Saturday in the Tennessee Div Ii Marching Band Championships. Beat you guys there TOO!!!!!

LOL

Not Braggin Just sayin!

Edited by payner410

Just wandering, did signal mtn get players from another school in chattanooga when it opened? someone mentioned red bank as being a school which had many students rezoned. i know from the past that red bank had a very good football team, but you don't hear much from them lately.

Yes all our students and athletes came from other schools. And yes Red Bank is where Signal kids were zoned. Red Bank has been on the decline since Signal opened and I'm not sure why as they still have plenty of athletes.

Yes red bank has been on a decline. Over the past several years you have seen an influx of kids who came in from the outside. For example in the "glory" days of the Benford, Caldwell, D.McDuffie, Williams etc era. A lot of kids had to take a back seat to all that. Grant it that those kids were athletes but it speaks volumes to what it does to a program year after year. Also the NCLB act hurt RB then too. It was once a national school of excellence. RB has also lost the athletes to Signal Mountain (bc they built a hs), Notre Dame, McCallie, Baylor, Ridgeland etc. I would bet the house on it that some of the kids playing for Signal parents went to RB. Heck most of the areas best coaches came from there or at least walked the halls at one point. They have also went through a coaching change this year. I'm with smeagle1 they have athletes, not running over like most schools but enough to be better than this years record. From what I hear coaching dropped the ball on several losses. On a positive note the building of the new middle school in close proximity to the HS hopefully will start to help turn things around. If not this program is headed to a dead end. If you build it they will come. Lets hope in this case its true. It seems to be working everywhere else.

You forgot South Pitt.

u are correct. But gold trophy was brought back to west last year and past ten years 1A has mainly belonged to the middle region. south pitt did win in 07 and 2010. but otherwise trousdale a few times and dca and cpa. wayne county last year. jackson christian in.06. 2 east teams have won in past ten years. twice by south pit. once by boyd buchanan. not sure where union.city is but.i.think.its.on the west.side.of the cumberland river.