The great instituion named for Alvin C York visits WESTMORELAND

Mr. Postman1

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hrs and 25 minutes if you go 52 or the interstate down to lebanon and across.. can't wait to get there and watch this opening round playoff game...

MarkyMark it might be just asquick to go 52 the whole way. They have really straightened it up once you get to Celina. Pretty much straight shot. It didnt seem like it took me that long to go to Jamestown last time but you know I was probably going a little over the speed limit. Edited by Mr. Postman1

never been just an estimate from my gps... which is only going speed lmiits

either way will be a good long trip...

Ah, Ok, those GPS are notorious in overestimating trip time. Thats alright though, you can get up here early and not be like last time we played York in the playoffs. Their bus broke down and the team showed up about 20 or 30 minutes before kickoff. They postponed the game for along time. It wound up being a barn burner of a game though. Edited by Mr. Postman1

Better put on a pot of coffee, it's gonna be a long night. You bettter get to posting. You have less the 24 hours to "make up for lost time". After that........it's over ......compliments of York Dragons..

Termite, you should have been getting a little talk in cause it sounded like your time was up around the middle of the first quarter tonight. That pot of coffee tasted so good last night I think I'll put another pot on this thursday night. Come on up to the house. The boys will welcome you and we'll set around and talk trash as long as you want. I dont think ya'll will be too busy next week do you? Wait a minute, is that basketball sneakers I hear squeaking in the background Termite. Naugh, that was just your imagination saying surely not this early again. Heck, ya'll got put out so early this year basketball season hadnt even started yet.

To start out, I hope that kid that got hurt tonight turns out alright, keep us posted on his condition York fans. The boys came out with emotion tonight. That 99.9 yard kickoff return MR. DJ SMITH had tonight that tied the game was a game changer. That first drive by York helped us get adjusted to the option they had going. I just had a feeling our d would do well with the type speed we have on the edges. I want to ask York fans one thing. Did you see some speed from #7 tonight. Smith is a baller, has been since day one. Portland didnt want him but I'd take 11 of him in a heart beat. #8 Spencer Hodge the same. If we play with this type of intensity we are hard to beat. Steven Johnson #34 was like a sherman tank that just cant be stopped up the middle. Justus Graves played a good game as well. For those that dont know he's just a sophmore. J.C. Fitts,Marcus Troutt, and BIG Kemper played lights out on the line. hope you had a good trip York fans but you ran into a buzz saw tonight. Just hope the emotion can carry over next week. Westmoreland will win by 6 if we come out with the type intensity we had tonight. Another beast of a player not to be left out was Wyatt Carter. You dont throw the deep ball and get away with.

Edited by Mr. Postman1

Just waiting on the comments about this game from the local fans around. Looks like some crow will be served to outsiders on this one. York fans were nothing but courteous all week. Just wished they would have got a pumpkin on their way home. Dont know what I'll do with all these now. Could send a bunch of pumpkin pies to Smith County to try and cheer them up after their first round loss.

Edited by Mr. Postman1

Congrats to westmoreland on a great gameplan to stump the dragons... we lost our starting left tackle and nose guard on the first and only touchdown drive of the game ... it was a huge loss to our team and the boys just didn't seem into the game after the injury... prayers going out to #54 hicks who suffered a dislocated elbow...Westmoreland got a return on the ensuing kickoff for a 99 yard touchdown and didn't look back... our offence looked out of sync the rest of the game. good luck to the eagles next week against cpa.