Portland @ Centennial

PPride

Playoffs!!! Here we go! It's been a while since we've been here, and it feels good. Great year, so far, Panthers. thumb[1].gif Let's keep it going!

The only comparison on the schedules is Wilson Central. Both lost, Portland, 24 - 28 in the last minute, and Centennial, 21 - 35. That doesn't mean anything now that it's playoff time. I don't know anything else about the Cougars, but I do know it will be a big cat fight! rolleyes.gifhuh.png Can anyone give me some insight on Centennial and any thoughts on this game? Go Panthers! cool.png

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Centennial has a really good offense. Good passing game with above average wrs, a really good qb and a good rb. Defense they bring a ton of pressure and force you to make plays. I think Portlands single wing will slow down those blitzes though.

The key to beating centennial is being able to run the ball effectively and limit their explosive plays. If you do that you have a good chance.

Get their early too btw because that tailgate and make it a really good atmosphere to play in.

Thanks for the info HighLife. Hey, just an fyi for Portland fans heading to Franklin Friday night. Don't use the map given here on CoachT or you'll be a mile away from the school. (The star would lead you to believe you get off at exit 68 and turn right on Mallory Lane.) You really should get off at exit 67 (McEwen Dr.) and turn left on Mallory Lane. The school will be on the left. The address is 5050 Mallory Lane, Franklin, TN for you googlers...uhm google-ers?.... whatever. We don't want any of our fans spending the first half trying to find the place.

Edited by PPride

Centennial has a really good offense. Good passing game with above average wrs, a really good qb and a good rb. Defense they bring a ton of pressure and force you to make plays. I think Portlands single wing will slow down those blitzes though.

The key to beating centennial is being able to run the ball effectively and limit their explosive plays. If you do that you have a good chance.

Get their early too btw because that tailgate and make it a really good atmosphere to play in.

Nice synopsis. Very balanced offensively and they do a good job of incorporating the backs and tight ends into the passing game. Run D is certainly suspect. If #6 is back from injury, they can be dangerous in the return game.

Edited by BT Mafia

bump - I'm looking forward to hearing what SOUTHERNFRIED has to say about this week's contest. I'm looking for this to be a very good game this week. I believe it could go either way. If our running game is on track, we've got a real good chance at making it to round 2. Wow! That would bring back memories!!! As long as we can keep from turning over the football and capitalize on any Cougar mistakes, it looks good for the Panthers. Of course that would make it look good for any team. :)

Edited by PPride

I was at both WC-Portland and WC-Centennial games and I can tell you this:

Portland is better at running the ball. Centennial is better at passing the ball.

Both have suspect defense, however Portland knows how to actually play defense better than Centennial in my opinion (no offense to Centennial fans).

That being said, as long as Portland doesn't hock up the lead in the second half, they'll come out with the win. Centennial is a tough first round match-up for them, but Portland has that crazy single-wing offense so it could be enough to confuse Centennial long enough for Portland to take a lead and sit on it.

My prediction: Portland 24 - Centennial 21

Portland has that crazy single-wing offense so it could be enough to confuse Centennial long enough for Portland to take a lead and sit on it.

My prediction: Portland 24 - Centennial 21

Hey, the single-wing, when run the way it's supposed to be, can be a very effective offense. And our guys seem to be executing it very well at this point in the season. I hope your prediction holds true.

Hey, the single-wing, when run the way it's supposed to be, can be a very effective offense. And our guys seem to be executing it very well at this point in the season. I hope your prediction holds true.

You executed it very VERY well against WC, confused them all game long.

I picked Portland to pull it out and I'm sticking to that pick, lol :)

Best of luck