Look out Fulton the DEVILS coming to K-town !

GREENEDEVILARMY

im seeing alot of frustration on here tonight from both fanbases....never did really understand people coming around to brag, when they werent here to talk smack before the game, but hey, its whatever. I do sincerely hope that all this talk about Greeneville fans being rude and treating the opposing fans badly at our home is an isolated thing, because if that's true, that's sad to me. We are very proud of the last 3 years, but before that, Greeneville doesnt have alot to be boastful for, so again, i hope it's isolated and not a predominant occurance. Winning 2 gold balls back to back is a HUGE achievment for ANY program, so i hope the Greeneville fans remember that, and dont let it go to our heads. I always try to be respectful, courteous and treat the opposition as I would like to be treated ( and have been for the most part) whever i go. There's a difference in "talking a little smack" before the game and just being a downright ####hole. So, I appologize for anyone who has experience that while at Greeneville. Best of luck to all the teams remaining and I guess we'll just have to sit at home this year and polish our "BALLS" and dream of next year....Until then, GO DEVILS!

Well said and thank you. I respect your passion but invite you to walk over to the visitors side during one of your home games next season to hear the proud greeneville fans that choose to sit with the visiting fans. It is 6 quarters of taunting, racial slurs, and mockery. They scream out player's numbers when they return to the sideline and fill every one's ears with insults. These aren't students, they are 30 & 40 year old men. It gives them a rise to get a reaction and then they turn it up a notch. Your sideline security officers that walk the sidelines just grin and chuckle because they think its funny.

I really don't want to be a post game hater... But it is what it is. It might be a country club and proud alumni atmosphere on the home side. I wouldn't know... never sat there. If you don't believe me, ask an aposing team from outside your district about their experience. Otherwise, buy a box of popcorn and enjoy the show with the visiting team.

Go Falcons!

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im seeing alot of frustration on here tonight from both fanbases....never did really understand people coming around to brag, when they werent here to talk smack before the game, but hey, its whatever. I do sincerely hope that all this talk about Greeneville fans being rude and treating the opposing fans badly at our home is an isolated thing, because if that's true, that's sad to me. We are very proud of the last 3 years, but before that, Greeneville doesnt have alot to be boastful for, so again, i hope it's isolated and not a predominant occurance. Winning 2 gold balls back to back is a HUGE achievment for ANY program, so i hope the Greeneville fans remember that, and dont let it go to our heads. I always try to be respectful, courteous and treat the opposition as I would like to be treated ( and have been for the most part) whever i go. There's a difference in "talking a little smack" before the game and just being a downright ####hole. So, I appologize for anyone who has experience that while at Greeneville. Best of luck to all the teams remaining and I guess we'll just have to sit at home this year and polish our "BALLS" and dream of next year....Until then, GO DEVILS!

BV ..great post ..wish I could have gotten over to see ya last night .. I brought my Dad to game and was more interested in making sure he had a good night .... last year ..I did experience a little bad talk from some Greeneville fans sitting on visitors side but im a big boy ..if I couldnt take it I could have moved .. you always have some like that .. Falcons have them too believe me !!! I dont talk smack ... just not into it ... but it is satisfying when the posters on here from Greeneville that so talk it up have to eat a little crow like Greenedevilarmy and the other guy .... cant remember the names ... Im sure Greeneville will be back ... like you said you cant have it every year unless your Maryville ... we had a great run in 2002 - 2008 .. you guys 2009 - 2011 .. looks like from quotes ..your younger guys , freshman etc look good ... falcons will be good next year and possibly 2014 ..after that ???? We have 5 sophs starting on defense so there s something that will help us till 2014. Last nights game would have been a close one had not been for the turnovers probably .. I knew that Rollins #5 would get loose sooner or later for a couple TD's .. I was looking at a score of maybe 28-14 Falcons. The only team to stop Rollins was Alcoa and he had about 65 yards rushing but came dangerously close to a couple long runs in that game .. just barely got cut off ... as you said PAIN hurts Speed but Speed KILLS !!!!!! I agree with most .. LA will be a match .. they will want revenge after last year .. but Giles will be a real test for sure ... whoever plays them. Good Luck .. Hope you were treated well !!

Don't forget... The Falcons played for a State Championship in '02. Won it in 03, 04, & 06. Should have won it in 05... and played for it again in 2007. We were a dominant program that went through a talent dip for 4 years. The years you beat us so bad, were years when we were not as talented, young, and rebuilding. Having a run of domination for so long was a huge let down. Having to go to Greeneville knowing we were not the same championship caliber team that we were use to seeing on the field was frustrating. Listening to what seemed like six quarters of the harassment and heckling of "Go warm up the Bus!" and "You don't belong here... this is where real football players play!" was unbearable.

When you mockingly say "it must be good to finally beat us"... yeah it is. But it means more to beat a poor loser that didn't know how to win with class and integrity. You had some incredibly talented teams over the past three years, but people in our area remembered the verbal abuse from the fans before, during, and even after the game when we came to your stadium. You have a reputation in this area from anyone who has played you to be the rudest fan base. Being two time defending state champions and losing the way you did is what I call Karma. Your talented team did walk over us like a door mat for two years, but your fans treated us like one also. Wiping your feet on our tradition and calling us insignificant with a grin on your face. Winning feels great... but it's not what made tonight's victory sweet and not what made me want to post so late at night.

Fulton is still a young team rebuilding and returning 80-90% of the starters next year. I hope we have the same opportunity to meet in the playoffs again next season. It's nice seeing Fulton making another run deep into the playoffs. When it comes to playing in Cookeville, It might not mean a thing if you don't size that ring... but clipping the horns of the devil is a nice consolation prize.

Go Falcons!

let me start by saying if you was treated bad at burly stadium by any adult we are very sorry . I have never seen anyone mistreated at our games but unfortunately it does it did at ALCOA AND LAST NIGHT AT FULTON. There was a group of grown men about 5 came to the visitors side trying to start a fight with the parents and students 3 cops had to remove them heck even your players before the game after warm up where flipping us the bird and cursing at us . So you call that a championship team ! Lol . the greene devils whould never talk to adults like that well my son wouldnt and you can take that to the bank ! well I say they are good fans and bad fans everywhere . Me and greenegreen22 got there early and talk to a older guy that was a great man and he contributed a great deal to the falcons talked about getting you guys a new score board and video system so the experience we had at the bird house was good and bad also . But if I was a gambling man I would say that's CALLED LIFE there are GOOD AND BAD every where in life . GOOD LUCK FULTON FALCONS . Go get the GOLD because next year when the DEVILS kick the feathers of the mighty FALCONS back it will be sooooo sweet !

BV ..great post ..wish I could have gotten over to see ya last night .. I brought my Dad to game and was more interested in making sure he had a good night .... last year ..I did experience a little bad talk from some Greeneville fans sitting on visitors side but im a big boy ..if I couldnt take it I could have moved .. you always have some like that .. Falcons have them too believe me !!! I dont talk smack ... just not into it ... but it is satisfying when the posters on here from Greeneville that so talk it up have to eat a little crow like Greenedevilarmy and the other guy .... cant remember the names ... Im sure Greeneville will be back ... like you said you cant have it every year unless your Maryville ... we had a great run in 2002 - 2008 .. you guys 2009 - 2011 .. looks like from quotes ..your younger guys , freshman etc look good ... falcons will be good next year and possibly 2014 ..after that ???? We have 5 sophs starting on defense so there s something that will help us till 2014. Last nights game would have been a close one had not been for the turnovers probably .. I knew that Rollins #5 would get loose sooner or later for a couple TD's .. I was looking at a score of maybe 28-14 Falcons. The only team to stop Rollins was Alcoa and he had about 65 yards rushing but came dangerously close to a couple long runs in that game .. just barely got cut off ... as you said PAIN hurts Speed but Speed KILLS !!!!!! I agree with most .. LA will be a match .. they will want revenge after last year .. but Giles will be a real test for sure ... whoever plays them. Good Luck .. Hope you were treated well !!

congrats Falcons on the great win I already posted my experience in another post good and bad . And as for my humble crow I don't eat it cold thank you I heated it up at home lol. All the smack talk is for fun and if I have hurt anybody feelings well they shouldn't have there feeling stuck out . I can dish it out and I can take it . My devils might be lacing up the HIGH TOPS but the SMACK TALKING FROM GREENEDEVILARMY IS HERE TO STAY . Go win that gold falcons because next year when the devils knock the feathers of those birds back will be sooooooo sweet . Enjoy !

Dang Greeneville. Got all these frog legs, rooster fries, and chitlings and your not coming for dinner! icon_e_surprised.gif

nope! but if and when you Cats make to cookeville me and greenegreene22 will be there to see you guys to bring it home after last year you guys have earned it (no punt intended) just saying when we lost to you in state stung and with us knocking you guys out last year your Cats should be on a mission ! Just hope we are welcome on the Cats side .