DeKalb Co @ LA, ROUND 2 OF PLAYOFFS (Rematch)

Stealer007

Must be licking their paw wounds? I'm still waiting for the excuse...or was the "your classless, blah, blah," remark the excuse for it?

How old are you? There is no wrong answer here, I feel bad for you and your life either way. Are you so self-conscious and bothered by what people say on a message board that you feel like you always have to prove something? Yet, you do not play or coach at all. You should try to find a hobby brother.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How old are you? There is no wrong answer here, I feel bad for you and your life either way. Are you so self-conscious and bothered by what people say on a message board that you feel like you always have to prove something? Yet, you do not play or coach at all. You should try to find a hobby brother.

Aww. You're so sweet. I simply asked a question. Have an answer?

Big Daddy, i suggest you go back and read all my posts and find their context.

We did get LA's best, whether it is McCoin or Hayes their is only one ball on the field at a time. They can't both run it and have numbers. The Blues were around three decades before your nickname and I did say it probably came about innocently enough because of topography "not typography". Look up the definition if you don't know it. I mentioned loss of respect for fans for several reasons not the least of which included multiple attempts at vandalism and harming personal property last night. One the police stopped, another some DC fans stopped. these are just the ones I know first hand.

I have always been gracious toward your team and factual. My only rib at you was in regard to your "lame" nicknames. If you feel that is a personal insult because it was your form of expressing creativity please forgive me. I thought before you could give and take. I guess either it is easier for you to give or somehow I pressed a nerve of pride. Again, I am sorry if I hurt your feelings.

This will definitively be my last post on this thread. Say whatever you want about me or DC. I stand by all my statements. LA fans (not the team) and your community lost a lot of respect in my eyes last night. One thing I can say is that DC fans cheered before, in and after the game (not the same for LA). Hopefully your fans will take that spirit with you next week so that your kids feel valued win or lose.

Our boys had a really good season. I am sure some of them are down right now. If you read this, know that better days are ahead. Sport prepares you for life. Some days feel good; some days do not, but rejoice regardless in every day because your hope is not in football. Your value is not on a scoreboard, it is in relationship. Care for your brother men; even those that may not be easy to. Big Daddy, King and Kodger - I wish you well and am asking for your lives to be blessed.

Good luck the rest of the way.

Baller...I have no doubt you are probably a great guy. I can give plenty(as you have read icon_e_smile.gif), I also have took plenty too. So let me address a couple things. You dont have to reply...I am more than ready to move on.

1. Let me re-phrase/clarify. Hog-Eye, the community, I assure you is where the nickname came from

and has been the name of that community long before the Blues. Thats what i meant by research.

2. Good one on the typography...oops I mean topography. I do know the difference and thank you for

your correction (because i would have done you same wayicon_mrgreen.gif ).

3. You not liking my nicknames for our boys was fine. Calling it lame was fine. I take this junk

with grain of salt. But, to say you struck a nerve of pride for the names is far from the truth. You

said he deserved better than a nickname that derived from a community on the Overton/Pickett

County line. I disagree, I know many folks from Hog-Eye and none are ashamed or embarassed to

live there. Your context suggest our Hog-Eye name/mascot came from elsewhere.

4. I only saw the football game. Fans are less enjoyable when one is on the losing end. I know, been

on the losing before and felt just as you. But if you are lumping bad fans with vandals, you definately

are mistaken. I would not, do not and will never approve of such behavior. If i would have caught

them I would have called the police myself. Sure, LA rubbed it in on the win, but please dont get all

"Glad I aint like them folk" attitude that we (DC fans) would never do such. When LA loses, we hear

every remark possible from opposing teams, students and yes, adult fans.Some from your neck of

the woods.

5. Dekalb had a fine season. I congratulate them and wish them well.

6. I agree totally with your last paragraph. Truly, I have had fun with this. May God bless you and yours

richly!

Edited by BigDaddy_1

Long time lurker, first time poster...Would like to know how Dekalb fans would react to LA bringing our fireworks and music on the road to Smithville next year. If Dekalb can bring the train horn to LA, I don't see why we could not bring our show on the road. I have a buddy who has property in Smithville and we could set the fireworks up there.

We've all congratulated LA and moved on. Like fans should do. No need in dragging this on and on. You beat us, you beat us twice. But we're not busy whining about it.

Also, why not be on the train to basketball season? We have a good season to look forward to.

Maybe you should ride the loss train to the winter sports forum then. You can't say anything here that I wont have an answer to.

Not looking for an answer. Just making a point. As for the comment about bringing the horn, we bring it everywhere. If you wanted to bring whatever I'm sure no one would care. Every school has something they do and ours just so happens to be the horn.

Every school has something they do. ya'll blow stuff, and we win. i'll stick to our tradition.