Jo Byrns (6-5) at Collinwood (8-2)

MOTO24

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't make it to the wood tonight, the word I got from a JB point of view was that an early CW punt return deep into JB territory that set up a td and set the tone early. They also had problems stopping the read option just as they did against CA. After the loss, I didn't hear what positives JB had down at the wood and I'll let those that attended speak to that - BUT, with what smack I get to get in tonight....CW 21 points better at home than JB, no. Congrats CW. GreenMan, since y'all won I hope yall can make a run!

Both teams played real hard physical ball, a real battle. No scoring in the second half as the refs took no prisoners and killed several drives by both teams. Jo Byrns didn't do a lot offensively although their qb made some nice runs at times. He completed a long pass early that set up a td but later he was picked several times. I counted four, maybe more...don't remember...one was a two point conversion attempt. There was another pick that the refs took away due to a JB playing having a hand on the ball or something. Collinwood moved the ball well but went backwards a lot with several holding calls, one cost a td and another a really long run. JB got a second td when Collinwood's punter got hurt and the backup muffed the punt deep in wood territory

Lots of penalties, lots of hard hits, and lots of ints about sums it up...my hats off to the JB fans that made the long trip...they rode the refs like they were government mules...ha!!

Edited by TheMirrorThief

I don' t know if he's a fair weather fan or not

But I do know he's got issues he needs to seek professional help on over an ex-football player for mTp..... He must be a CW player on the field that couldn't stop him, got burned by him too many times, went home and had nightmares about the loss and woke up in hateville..... Just hung up on it and keeps on and on and on and on and on about that ex-player for mTp...... Just can't stand it that he beat him.... (enter old tv series twilight music)..... Dude got problems. JMO.

I don' t know if he's a fair weather fan or not

But I do know he's got issues he needs to seek professional help on over an ex-football player for mTp..... He must be a CW player on the field that couldn't stop him, got burned by him too many times, went home and had nightmares about the loss and woke up in hateville..... Just hung up on it and keeps on and on and on and on and on about that ex-player for mTp...... Just can't stand it that he beat him.... (enter old tv series twilight music)..... Dude got problems. JMO.

trust me, everyone in Collinwood is happy this morning

Myself and wildcatalimni ask if you pulled for the region champs last year, you fair weather fan?

Honestly I did. I'm no fair weathered fan. I'm a proud one. If some of you WC posters are gonna keep running those yaps then buzz off. Why the interest in Cwood football. You both acted like you hated Collinwood all the way through high school.

CW got a good win, not pretty but a win is a win. Prayers to Briar Daniel, I understand he's going to dr. on Monday. Two Trojan TD's called back by penalities, CW is riding the wave. See you all Friday night at the 'WOOD. Don't hate. Thanks to our veterans!

After watching this game last night, it only confirmed what I already thought our region as a whole is very weak! Gotta give Cwood thier credit, they did enough to get the win but thats about it! Gotta think they will see alot better team than JB this week, they may be in trouble! Good luck Cwood!

Honestly I did. I'm no fair weathered fan. I'm a proud one. If some of you WC posters are gonna keep running those yaps then buzz off. Why the interest in Cwood football. You both acted like you hated Collinwood all the way through high school.

I hated Cwood and WC sports teams and people when I was in high school. Then people grow up and mature. Now I'll pull for Region 6/District 12 over anyone else.

I hated Cwood and WC sports teams and people when I was in high school. Then people grow up and mature. Now I'll pull for Region 6/District 12 over anyone else.

Pulling for them and using common sense is two different things. I think Cwood will beat NC but that's where their year ends. Huntingdon is on a different level!