Gatlinburg-Pittman (7-4) @ Elizabethton (9-2) Round 2

EHSTrack06

Speaking of Defence, this just came out on the Coach T home page.

Top 11 teams in the state on less points scored on. This is out of all 6 classes not just 3A.

Best Defense (Points per Game)

Giles County 6.7/11

East Hamilton 7.9/11

Siegel 8.0/11

Fulton 8.5/11

Whitehaven 8.7/11

Brentwood 9.1/11

Harding Academy 9.3/11

Covington 9.5/11

St. George's 9.5/11

Elizabethton 10.2/11

Westmoreland 10.4/11

http://www.coacht.com/tennessee/sport.cfm?sportid=1

Edited by CyclonePrider

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of Defence, this just came out on the Coach T home page.

Top 11 teams in the state on less points scored on. This is out of all 6 classes not just 3A.

Best Defense (Points per Game)

Giles County 6.7/11

East Hamilton 7.9/11

Siegel 8.0/11

Fulton 8.5/11

Whitehaven 8.7/11

Brentwood 9.1/11

Harding Academy 9.3/11

Covington 9.5/11

St. George's 9.5/11

Elizabethton 10.2/11

Westmoreland 10.4/11

http://www.coacht.com/tennessee/sport.cfm?sportid=1

Anyone who's watched EHS play this year already knows this, but it's nice to get it out there for everyone to see. I can't wait for Friday! Here's wishing safe travels to all GP players, coaches, and fans. We're looking forward to seeing you on Friday.

I was perusing through GP's roster on unapproved website and noticed that it has the #42 listed at 6'2" and 240lbs. I knew that GP had a big back, but that is very stout, especially for a sophomore. Does anyone know if that is an accurate height and weight? I know that rosters get polished sometimes to a inch here and a pound or two there so I was just curious.

I was perusing through GP's roster on unapproved website and noticed that it has the #42 listed at 6'2" and 240lbs. I knew that GP had a big back, but that is very stout, especially for a sophomore. Does anyone know if that is an accurate height and weight? I know that rosters get polished sometimes to a inch here and a pound or two there so I was just curious.

That's about right. Doesn't have great speed, but it's good enough. He's a load to bring down.

size and weight are about right. very physical runner and hard to knock down. a true vintage GP running back. saw him play the gibbs game and secondary looked like bowling pins.

one thing I know is the cyclones tackle well and they gang tackle. They have big fast D line men and ends. All in great shape no one over weight and great depth with the three up front rotating in between 6 or 7 kids and you see no difference. The two middle LB are strong power lifters and fast and when they hit the running backs they start to bow up a little the next time through and not hit the holes quite as hard. I guess it must sting a little.. It will be hard to bowl over Turner and Moore they stays around the feets...good tacklers and they have the speed to beat anyone to the corner. gone be a good game though.. Edited by CyclonePrider