Beech over Kenwood 64-28

Hillsboro over Antioch 17-12

Centennial over Portland 44-10

Northeast over Station Camp 34-14

Round 2 matchups

Hillsboro @ Beech

Centennial @ Northeast

Should be 2 good 2nd round games..

Hillsoboro has held opponents (avg) under 17 points per game... Beech Offense avg 40s per game... something has to give. With Beech having all healthy and back it seems the team is rolling. Playoff Football!!

I think the northeast/centennial game is gonna be a shootout. I'm gonna go with Northeast over Centennial 42-35..

Beech/Hillsboro is a tale of 2 teams with 2 different strengths. Beech is a very explosive offensive teams with 2 really good rbs and an underrated fb.

Hillsboro is a team that likes to pound and ground and play field position with their defense. It's a game that could come down to special teams. Ill take Beech 24-14

I'll take Beech over Hillsboro

and NE over Centennial.

The Beech game won't be close but I expect the NE game to be close. NE has the talent and Centennial has Rector. Whatever NE has seen on film needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Rector plays by his own rules. Aggressive and as I like to say he is the consummate River Boat Gambler. He takes chances you just wouldn't believe. That should be a great game to watch.

and NE over Centennial.

The Beech game won't be close but I expect the NE game to be close. NE has the talent and Centennial has Rector. Whatever NE has seen on film needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Rector plays by his own rules. Aggressive and as I like to say he is the consummate River Boat Gambler. He takes chances you just wouldn't believe. That should be a great game to watch.

NE apparently put up big points against Centennial in a spring scrimmage. Could be a shoot out.

http://www.franklinhomepage.com/chs-overpowers-portland-for-first-round-win-cms-9964

and NE over Centennial.

Does Beech have much of a passing game gwave or do they just give it to Hurd constantly and let him go to work?

Checking scores I saw where your wave only lost 28-0..

Hurd wasn't used much at all. The only game I have seen Hurd in came during last seasons game where he was at top speed. He is the real deal. I saw the Elder kid from Ensworth during our Friday Night Lights Scrimmage and IMO Hurd is the better player. Beech is the team to beat in 5A just not sure anyone is up to that task.

I agree with the beech being the team to beat. Gotta take it one game at a time though. I've seen crazy things happen in the playoffs. You don't make it past the first round by not being a good team.

Hillsboro beat centennial so I'm probably one of the few that thinks they will give Beech a good game, not saying they are going to win, I just don't see a blowout.

Northeast can give centennial fits because of their run game, but northeast better be sound in coverage because centennial is a very good passing team that can expose mistakes and undisiciplined players on your D.

Best of luck to all 4 teams left in this quad.

Edited by HighLife

I agree with the beech being the team to beat. Gotta take it one game at a time though. I've seen crazy things happen in the playoffs. You don't make it past the first round by not being a good team.

Hillsboro beat centennial so I'm probably one of the few that thinks they will give Beech a good game, not saying they are going to win, I just don't see a blowout.

Northeast can give centennial fits because of their run game, but northeast better be sound in coverage because centennial is a very good passing team that can expose mistakes and undisiciplined players on your D.

Best of luck to all 4 teams left in this quad.

Beech on a mission.... Beech wins this quad

I would take Beech and Northeast if I were a betting guy. Both have huge game changers playing on the offense. Beech got a lot more dangerous when Carter got back on the field. Now they can line up Hurd at reciever or flanker and keep you guessing. I was not impressed by their QB but he has decent stats so he probably had a bad game against the Wave. Gallatin did what they could in the 1st half but were doomed by turnovers in the 2nd. I think capitalizing on the breaks would be key in beating Beech. If they give you the ball, make it hurt. Their defense is not overwhelming and you can move the ball on them. On defense use the Wilson Central method and crowd the line. Just hope your secondary is better than theirs. I would without a doubt make the QB beat you and sell out on the run. Having said that. Beech is my frontrunner to the title this year. Its theirs to lose.

I would take Beech and Northeast if I were a betting guy. Both have huge game changers playing on the offense. Beech got a lot more dangerous when Carter got back on the field. Now they can line up Hurd at reciever or flanker and keep you guessing. I was not impressed by their QB but he has decent stats so he probably had a bad game against the Wave. Gallatin did what they could in the 1st half but were doomed by turnovers in the 2nd. I think capitalizing on the breaks would be key in beating Beech. If they give you the ball, make it hurt. Their defense is not overwhelming and you can move the ball on them. On defense use the Wilson Central method and crowd the line. Just hope your secondary is better than theirs. I would without a doubt make the QB beat you and sell out on the run. Having said that. Beech is my frontrunner to the title this year. Its theirs to lose.

i agree with your WC approach of putting 9+ in the box, but remember that Kenitzer went 13 for 14 against them, including the game winner with 40 seconds to go.