Norte Dame vs Giles Co.

likearock

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me start off by saying Congrats to my Notre Dame Fighting Irish and the coaching staff for a great year. I only have a few things to say about the game. By no means am I soar loser but I think some things need to be said. I didn't get to meet alot of Giles fans so I can't comment on them but I will say I thought it was classless of Giles to play the Notre Dame fight song after their touchdowns. Yes I did say their Tds. As WiseOldManGiles said in this feed and I quote "And a shout out to another great zebra crew. That's two in a row where they let the guys play. Good teamwork with these crews!ph34r.png" .......... The refs were horrible ..... not if your from Giles of course. I think Giles was flagged for 1 holding penalty. ND flagged for several on key runs in the game. Being a former O-lineman High school and college. There is always going to be holding on the line... Nature of the beast !! Just be consistent ! They had one personal foul penalty for horse collar on their corner. He gets up and gets in the reffs face and says and I quote " U gotta be F__king kidding me" and he does not get flagged for it. On one play Giles tackles #1 from behind (after long run) and pulls his helmet completely off by the face mask(No Penalty). We shot ourselves in the foot from the beginning. First play of the game we throw an interception for a TD. Second position we fumbled on the 35 they scored a TD. 14-0 in the first 2 mins.Blocked punt for a TD. Another Interception run back for a TD. We were never going to win the game but it could have been a closer game. By the way we had 210 yards rushing in the first half. We are young but we never gave up. Last thing I will say is I truly wish some of the Giles parents and fans could hear their boys on the field. I have never heard a more disrespectful,foul mouthed,dirty play and all around bad sportsmanship from a group of young men in my life. They are a good team. They should when and lose with class. You ask how did I hear all that stuff being said on the field, well I'll tell you. I was the ball boy. Well ball man. Being is that I'm 6'2' 340 lbs. 43 years old. So as you can tell I'm not a young man. I am a country boy at heart. I've hunted in Giles county in the past and have only meet great people. So I was astonished the way the young men carried themselves on the football field.As ball boy I'm not allowed to speak to players on the field Notre Dame or our opponents. So I don't !! After the game as we were shaking hands # 82 commences to say to me "How you like that f--king defense Fat-ss and take your rich preppy _ss back to Chattown" Well I'm not rich or am I preppy but I am fat though. If I was more sensitive he would have hurt my feelings.icon_cry.gif I'm just a poor carpenter who struggles to send his kids to a private school to give them the opportunities I never had growing up. By the way I have a son on the team who starts on both sides of the ball. I look forward to seeing Giles next year in the playoffs when our QB and running back turn 15 years old and my son is a senior. You will be beating by East Hamilton. No doubt in my mind.

Big nasty has spoken.

don't be a hater just because we waxed your behind !

What does me being a hater have to do with Giles basketball season and the hurricane coming your way? Better batten down the hatches, the big ole EH boys are gonna lean on Giles

don't be a hater just because we waxed your behind !

What happened to #55 for Notre Dame?After he got up looked like he didnt know where he was at.Hey ball boy care to elaborate?

He was hit in the back. He was on offense when it happened. Go figure ?? He isn't even a running back ?? He was blocking and for some reason only the Giles player knows he was hit in the back ...........5 yards behind the play .......... He is going to the doctors Monday.. Our team doctor last night seemed to think it might be a fracture in his lower back. I hope and pray he is Ok. He is only 15 years old. I know you Giles fans dont wish injury on anyone .
Edited by Cannaonball54

He was speared in the back. He was on offense when it happened. Go figure ?? He isn't even a running back ?? He was blocking and for some reason only the Giles player knows he was hit in the back ...........5 yards behind the play .......... He went to the doctors today haven't heard anything yet. Our team doctor last night seemed to think it might be a fracture in his lower back. I hope and pray he is Ok. He is only 15 years old. I know you Giles fans dont wish injury on anyone ???????????

Our thoughts are with him. Hope he's ok and has a speedy recovery . We NEVER want to see a young man down on the field.

He was speared in the back. He was on offense when it happened. Go figure ?? He isn't even a running back ?? He was blocking and for some reason only the Giles player knows he was hit in the back ...........5 yards behind the play .......... He went to the doctors today haven't heard anything yet. Our team doctor last night seemed to think it might be a fracture in his lower back. I hope and pray he is Ok. He is only 15 years old. I know you Giles fans dont wish injury on anyone ???????????

Oh wah,wah Cball if they are to young why are the even playing varsity.Last time I checked varsity football is a big boy sport.Speared in the back are you kidding me the boy was 6',5" if he was speard our player would have had to jump of the top rope just to get to him.Good grief.

So your saying you team doctor last night said #55 might have a lower back fracture but within minutes rolled the boy to his side rubbing his back and then stands him up and allows him to walk off the field?

I would say one of two things is going on here, either....

#1 this doctor is a quack in thinking it might be a back fracture but stand him up and walk him off the field, or

#2 it more of your crybaby junk trying to make some boys look bad because they just beat the snot out of your team

Which is it Cannonball?

I do sincerely hope #55 is ok though!

Our thoughts are with him. Hope he's ok and has a speedy recovery . We NEVER want to see a young man down on the field.

Thanks, 55 is a special player, we will see him on Saturdays somewhere. Big, smart kid and football IQ is off the charts. I spoke to his dad after the game and he said they thought it was a back sprain. Thanks for your concern.