Westmoreland @ CPA

coachrus

Westmoreland travels to CPA Friday for round 2 of the playoffs. I don't know much about Westmoreland but it sounds like they have a great defense. Goodpasture is the only common opponent this year.

CPA beat Goodpasture twice. 14-7 in week zero and 62-31 last night. Westmoreland beat GP 18-0 midseason. Welcome to the Den, Westmoreland. There are some rumours that the Stratford band may be coming back for an encore.

CPA put up 666 yards of offense against GP, about 380 passing and 286 rushing. GP put 8 in the box and did a good job stuffing the middle. However, they left the receivers to one on one coverage most of the night and CPA took advantage of that. CPA's passing game is greatly improved from week zero and I think that GP was somewhat surprised by it.

I would like to know more about Westmoreland and what to expect. Speed? Size? Skill? Maybe some of the Smith County or 9AA posters can fill us in.

Looking forward to a great game.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would probably be the self imposed expert about the Westmoreland Eagles. Westmoreland is alittle ole country school in a small town setting. We love our football up here. We have been having a good season going. One in which many people were totally not expecting. The reason I knew we would have a good year and maybe even better in years to come is that I coached many of the kids youll see friday night in the youth league.I knew they could be a special group years ago. We have been talking about highschool statechampionships with this group since some of um 3rd grade year. I'm very close to these guys. They've become a close net group. Many of them come to my house every Thursday night to talk football and also life together. They have come together as a team this year in a way that hasnt happen in quite some time up here. Funny thing, the team last season could of had just as good a season if they would have cut out the mental mistakes. This team has cleaned up mental mistakes and also is a very unselfish group of kids. They just want to win no matter who is on the field you'll see110% out of everyone from the manager to the B-teamer to the senior. They've made us proud to be from Westmoreland. A small backward community to some, a place others would never dare leave due to it being there home. As for the sizes and speeds of their 40 times it really dont matter because no 1 individual on this team will beat you. The team will pound on you all night. Thats whats coming to the Den come Friday.

Edited by Mr. Postman1

Guest Termite

I would probably be the self imposed expert about the Westmoreland Eagles. Westmoreland is alittle ole country school in a small town setting. We love our football up here. We have been having a good season going. One in which many people were totally not expecting. The reason I knew we would have a good year and maybe even better in years to come is that I coached many of the kids youll see friday night in the youth league.I knew they could be a special group years ago. We have been talking about highschool statechampionships with this group since some of um 3rd grade year. I'm very close to these guys. They've become a close net group. Many of them come to my house every Thursday night to talk football and also life together. They have come together as a team this year in a way that hasnt happen in quite some time up here. Funny thing, the team last season could of had just as good a season if they would have cut out the mental mistakes. This team has cleaned up mental mistakes and also is a very unselfish group of kids. They just want to win no matter who is on the field you'll see110% out of everyone from the manager to the B-teamer to the senior. They've made us proud to be from Westmoreland. A small backward community to some, a place others would never dare leave due to it being there home. As for the sizes and speeds of their 40 times it really dont matter because no 1 individual on this team will beat you. The team will pound on you all night. Thats whats coming to the Den come Friday.

Let me translate all this for you........." I have a son that plays".roflol.gif

Sc didn't play them this year......A team from Smith County did. Gordonsville, I take that back. They took the field with G-ville....they sure didnt play them.

Edited by Termite

i was not able.to make fairview game.friday night because.it.would have been half.time by the.time i got there i however was able to make CPA game. CPAs offense took control! broke a 97 yard touchdown run at one.point. their qb has a great arm!. first three touchdowns.were 40+ yard passing touchdowns. No run after btw. caught.in the.endzone. Defense was strong.at.points but Goodpasture exposed alot in their run defense. Pass defense was great but goodpasture having an eight grade qb i couldnt compare it to other great pass defenses.ive seen. Like Giles for instance. i hear westmoreland has a.great running game. Stick to that. thats the only.thing.that worked for.goodpasture. CPAS secondary flys.all over the field. Their offense however is.a.different story. Fast receivers!. they like to run the short out route to number 9. was very effective.against GP. if you can limit.their Offenses playing.and run on them at will you have chance. But be warned.their offense.scores fast and easily. Closest.thing.ive seen to a.CAK type offense. big.deep ball threat with the.receiver to be able.to.go.up.and get it. Goodluck to.the both of you. Hopefully fairview will make it to round 3 to play one of yall!

I would probably be the self imposed expert about the Westmoreland Eagles. Westmoreland is alittle ole country school in a small town setting. We love our football up here. We have been having a good season going. One in which many people were totally not expecting. The reason I knew we would have a good year and maybe even better in years to come is that I coached many of the kids youll see friday night in the youth league.I knew they could be a special group years ago. We have been talking about highschool statechampionships with this group since some of um 3rd grade year. I'm very close to these guys. They've become a close net group. Many of them come to my house every Thursday night to talk football and also life together. They have come together as a team this year in a way that hasnt happen in quite some time up here. Funny thing, the team last season could of had just as good a season if they would have cut out the mental mistakes. This team has cleaned up mental mistakes and also is a very unselfish group of kids. They just want to win no matter who is on the field you'll see110% out of everyone from the manager to the B-teamer to the senior. They've made us proud to be from Westmoreland. A small backward community to some, a place others would never dare leave due to it being there home. As for the sizes and speeds of their 40 times it reually dont matter because no 1 individual on this team will beat you. The team will pound on you all night. Thats whats coming to the Den come Friday.

Sounds like a team that plays with a lot of heart and very tough.

Do they run the Wing T?

i was not able.to make fairview game.friday night because.it.would have been half.time by the.time i got there i however was able to make CPA game. CPAs offense took control! broke a 97 yard touchdown run at one.point. their qb has a great arm!. first three touchdowns.were 40+ yard passing touchdowns. No run after btw. caught.in the.endzone. Defense was strong.at.points but Goodpasture exposed alot in their run defense. Pass defense was great but goodpasture having an eight grade qb i couldnt compare it to other great pass defenses.ive seen. Like Giles for instance. i hear westmoreland has a.great running game. Stick to that. thats the only.thing.that worked for.goodpasture. CPAS secondary flys.all over the field. Their offense however is.a.different story. Fast receivers!. they like to run the short out route to number 9. was very effective.against GP. if you can limit.their Offenses playing.and run on them at will you have chance. But be warned.their offense.scores fast and easily. Closest.thing.ive seen to a.CAK type offense. big.deep ball threat with the.receiver to be able.to.go.up.and get it. Goodluck to.the both of you. Hopefully fairview will make it to round 3 to play one of yall!

pretty good scouting report of the game. Good luck against the Cubs Friday night. Sounds like some great 3A football is on tap in Middle Tn

The MO has no chance to compete with CPA. It's about the same chance postaldude has of reaching the top cabinet shelf (without a booster step) in his house. CPA can go ahead and start preparing for a couple of good teams in Cheatham or Fairview.

The MO runs the wing T and are very one dimensional. They will throw a couple of one receiver routs with the waggle and will try to throw deep occasionally. They may go to the spread some if they can't run. Typical wing T team. I don't think they can stop a balanced team like CPA.

The MO has no chance to compete with CPA. It's about the same chance postaldude has of reaching the top cabinet shelf (without a booster step) in his house. CPA can go ahead and start preparing for a couple of good teams in Cheatham or Fairview.

The MO runs the wing T and are very one dimensional. They will throw a couple of one receiver routs with the waggle and will try to throw deep occasionally. They may go to the spread some if they can't run. Typical wing T team. I don't think they can stop a balanced team like CPA.

Spoken by a looser SC fan. We are just honored to play in the second round. We'll take a win if we can get it. By the way, we had a kickoff returned last week over 99 yards against a team out to the same district as Dekalb and Livingston. I think Smith county plays district to. I have heard talk of all the speed that York had but I think the 99.6 yard TD kind of settled the speed issue. I feel we can run with most anyone excluding Alcoa and maybe CAK. Just my opinion. We'll find out Friday though want we.

Spoken by a looser SC fan. We are just honored to play in the second round. We'll take a win if we can get it. By the way, we had a kickoff returned last week over 99 yards against a team out to the same district as Dekalb and Livingston. I think Smith county plays district to. I have heard talk of all the speed that York had but I think the 99.6 yard TD kind of settled the speed issue. I feel we can run with most anyone excluding Alcoa and maybe CAK. Just my opinion. We'll find out Friday though want we.

Yeah...we want...icon_lol.gif

I feel reading this that they play to our strengths definitely. They'll probably put 9 men in the box against us and try to stop the run. I'm sure they have watched film on our RB's and see we have a couple that will take it to the house on you in a fast way. As far as their passing game goes, I feel we have possibly the best secondary we have ever had at Westmoreland. We have Speed at both corner positions to run man to man coverage. We also have a big safety that will take your head off and can get pretty high in the air himself(wyatt carter). We'll just be happy to make a game of this one.