2013 6A/5A Favorites

AllRegion

I know that it's a little early for this thread with the playoffs for the 2012 season still underway, but I wanted to get everyone's thoughts on who will be the favorites in 6A/5A for 2013 before everyone either heads to the basketball forums or goes into hibernation for the winter icon_mrgreen.gif

So let's hear it! Who returns a lot and will be strong again? Who are some surprise teams to be on the lookout for?

Here is my list...comments, discussion, and critiques are always welcome!

6A

Maryville

Oakland

Science Hill

Whitehaven

Brentwood

Siegel

Dobyns Bennett

White Station

Blackman

5A

Beech

Ridgeway

Knoxville West

Henry County

Oak Ridge

Columbia

East Hamilton

Ooltewah

Lenoir City

Morristown West

Edited by AllRegion

I know that it's a little early for this thread with the playoffs for the 2012 season still underway, but I wanted to get everyone's thoughts on who will be the favorites in 6A/5A for 2013 before everyone either heads to the basketball forums or goes into hibernation for the winter icon_mrgreen.gif

So let's hear it! Who returns a lot and will be strong again? Who are some surprise teams to be on the lookout for?

Here is my list...comments, discussion, and critiques are always welcome!

6A

Maryville

Oakland

Science Hill

Whitehaven

Brentwood

Siegel

Dobyns Bennett

White Station

Blackman

5A

Beech

Ridgeway

Knoxville West

Henry County

Oak Ridge

Powell

Columbia

Ooltewah

Lenoir City

Morristown West

Well, Powell looks to be in 6a next yr, so that could be a huge hurdle to get over.

I don't know enough about 6A to predict anything in that class.

As far as 5A goes, I think Beech will win it all this year, and with Hurd back next year, they'll probably be right back in the mix again.

Oak Ridge coming down to 5A will shake up the east bracket. They always seem to be at least pretty good, and that's in 6A. They will have more success in 5A.

Henry County brings back most of their offense and most of their defense. Biggest obstacle for us will be replacing the starting QB. If we do so, I expect us to be right back in the mix.

Will learn more about everyone else as the post season/offseason goes along.

I don't know enough about 6A to predict anything in that class.

As far as 5A goes, I think Beech will win it all this year, and with Hurd back next year, they'll probably be right back in the mix again.

Oak Ridge coming down to 5A will shake up the east bracket. They always seem to be at least pretty good, and that's in 6A. They will have more success in 5A.

Henry County brings back most of their offense and most of their defense. Biggest obstacle for us will be replacing the starting QB. If we do so, I expect us to be right back in the mix.

Will learn more about everyone else as the post season/offseason goes along.

Thanks for your thoughts, MSURacer! I didn't know that Hurd was just a junior...he is an unbelievable talent. Do you think that there will be a drop off with Beech for next year? I'm not sure how many seniors they are losing

Thanks for your thoughts, MSURacer! I didn't know that Hurd was just a junior...he is an unbelievable talent. Do you think that there will be a drop off with Beech for next year? I'm not sure how many seniors they are losing

I'm not sure of all they lose, but I believe their quarterback will be gone, and their "other" stud tailback will be gone (can't remember his name for the life of me). None the less, having Hurd in the backfield will help smooth the transition for whoever they have stepping in to replace those guys. Obviously whatever they bring back in the trenches will play a big role, but I can't help you out there. Surely there are some Beech fans who can give some insight, but I'd imagine they're all still focused on this year...lol.

I'm not sure of all they lose, but I believe their quarterback will be gone, and their "other" stud tailback will be gone (can't remember his name for the life of me). None the less, having Hurd in the backfield will help smooth the transition for whoever they have stepping in to replace those guys. Obviously whatever they bring back in the trenches will play a big role, but I can't help you out there. Surely there are some Beech fans who can give some insight, but I'd imagine they're all still focused on this year...lol.

Beech will lose about 15 or16 starters. Both Hurd and Carter (tb's) will be back as well as a very good fullback. They lose the qb. This year's soph class is very good and should step up and team up with Hurd and Carter to make Beech good again.