CPA @ Cheatham..........Lions & Bears OH MY!

howdoitknow

& my # is 615-210-0845. CUBNATION WILL LIVE ON. Thanksgiving & CHRISTMAS is right around the corner ...i was thinking maybe a bonfire night prior to championship game & lets roll on up to COOKEVILLE & let our WARRIORS REPRESENT!!!

FOOTNOTE : LET'S PUT BYGONES AND OPINIONS ASIDE & HAVE A 'THROWBACK FIELD PARTY/BONFIRE' OL SKOOL STYLE & SHOW OUR COACHES & PLAYERS HOW MUCH WE APPRECIATE & LOVED BEING A PART OF THIS SEASON!

Guys, please stop bickering publicly on CoachT. The other day, I commended all of CC for their admirable behavior in support of their team and opponents, etc. Now I feel foolish for applauding as the example so well put forward is being destroyed by infighting. Please know, you guys blessed me with your former attitude and I hope you can collectively realize that demeanor is more important than what the right or wrong plays and/or adjustments were. You men are the leaders for your boys. Treat one another with the honor and grace you have treated all others. Be full of joy.

Guys, please stop bickering publicly on CoachT. The other day, I commended all of CC for their admirable behavior in support of their team and opponents, etc. Now I feel foolish for applauding as the example so well put forward is being destroyed by infighting. Please know, you guys blessed me with your former attitude and I hope you can collectively realize that demeanor is more important than what the right or wrong plays and/or adjustments were. You men are the leaders for your boys. Treat one another with the honor and grace you have treated all others. Be full of joy.

I agree! This should have been a weekend of celebration and reflection. Not of turmoil...

Collectively your opinion of US is point on. I speak as a native cc farm boy,who was HONORED to wear our colors. We aren't malicious in nature, but passionate in our beliefs. Thanks for the complimentary gesture. Just know, like most small school communities, our 'bickering' is like that of a FAMILY. Also like small communities, things can APPEAR inflated but are not. I'm VERY FAMILIAR with the case & point if the 'FEELINGS' you & other posters have heard from both sides of the table. THIS ISSUE DOESN'T REFLECT OUR 'ATTITUDES' as a whole. I will go on to say "few teams from our community have been HIGHLY COMPETITIVE, but THIS TEAM REPRESENTED GENERATIONS of CUB PRIDE & THEIR PERFORMANCE INTRIGUED US ALL ". Therefore one can appreciate the FIERCE PASSION we've witnessed in these posts. I thank u for ALL for the honor bestowed upon us as a community.

Now that the 'gut wrenching feelings' of the loss have subsided,I know feel CUBNATION will again rise to the standards we pride ourselves in : GENTLEMAN, SCHOLAR & ATHLETE.

AS A SENIOR PARENT OF THIS GREAT TEAM,I WOULD LIKE THIS TEAM TO BE REMEMBERED ON HERE AS 'THE LITTLE CUBS THAT CAN'....& though they weren't sized for a huge ring.....THE SIZE OF THEIR HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENTS WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN!!! THANKS & GOD BLESS CUBS FOOTBALL !

Collectively your opinion of US is point on. I speak as a native cc farm boy,who was HONORED to wear our colors. We aren't malicious in nature, but passionate in our beliefs. Thanks for the complimentary gesture. Just know, like most small school communities, our 'bickering' is like that of a FAMILY. Also like small communities, things can APPEAR inflated but are not. I'm VERY FAMILIAR with the case & point if the 'FEELINGS' you & other posters have heard from both sides of the table. THIS ISSUE DOESN'T REFLECT OUR 'ATTITUDES' as a whole. I will go on to say "few teams from our community have been HIGHLY COMPETITIVE, but THIS TEAM REPRESENTED GENERATIONS of CUB PRIDE & THEIR PERFORMANCE INTRIGUED US ALL ". Therefore one can appreciate the FIERCE PASSION we've witnessed in these posts. I thank u for ALL for the honor bestowed upon us as a community.

Now that the 'gut wrenching feelings' of the loss have subsided,I know feel CUBNATION will again rise to the standards we pride ourselves in : GENTLEMAN, SCHOLAR & ATHLETE.

AS A SENIOR PARENT OF THIS GREAT TEAM,I WOULD LIKE THIS TEAM TO BE REMEMBERED ON HERE AS 'THE LITTLE CUBS THAT CAN'....& though they weren't sized for a huge ring.....THE SIZE OF THEIR HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENTS WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN!!! THANKS & GOD BLESS CUBS FOOTBALL !

Great Post!

This Cubs team did some amazing things this season and it is to be credited to the seniors. This senior class was thrown into the fire right away and came out clean on the other side when all was said and done. They began with a mark of 5-17 through their first 22 games wearing the Cubs Red & White. They went on to finish 18-4 in their last 22 games.

This season's Cubs put not 1, not 2, but 3 rushers over the 1,400 yard mark for the year! Sweatt (1,494), Potts (1,480), and White (1,422) all piled up major yards behind a great line.......not a good one but a GREAT ONE! Keegan has been a starter for 2 years now and will continue to be next year. Anderson, Bose, Litman, Eslick, Glaus, Fields, and Casteel are 7 seniors that brought it each and every Friday night. Brinkley had over 300 yards receiving this year but his best work came on defense where he recorded 6 interceptions this season. Losing Brinkley, Potts, White, and those 7 big guys in the trenches will definitely make things feel much different as far as Cubs football is concerned.

Where do the Cubs go from here? Well they do return some good pieces!

On offense Matt Brown will take over at quarterback. He actually started 3 games for the Cubs in 2012 and played in several others. Brown rushed for 6 TDs and threw for another score this year. He is seasoned and has the tools to get the job done. Desmond Sweatt will return to start for a third straight season at running back and a fourth straight season on defense (third at linebacker). Sweatt has rushed for 1,043 and 1,494 yards in each of the last 2 seasons. Joining Brown and Sweatt in the Cubs offensive backfield will be Brandon Shelton and Willie Presley. The offensive line will be anchored, as I mentioned earlier, by two year starting center Shane Keegan. I would expect to see Nick Owen, Kevin Bennett, Hank White, and Nathaniel Jock all competing for action along the offensive line this spring for the Cubs.

On defense the Cubs appear to be pretty strong heading into 2013. Bryce Beamer and Nathaniel Jock were regulars along the defensive line this year. As was the case this year, with several of the offensive linemen stepping up and making an impact as defensive linemen, I would expect players like Keegan to have a role for the Cubs defensively in the future. At linebacker the Cubs are STOUT! Desmond Sweatt, Jeff Newman, and David Wood all return in 2013. That leaves the secondary for the Cubs. Willie Presley has started each of the last 2 seasons in the Cubs defensive backfield. He returns next season. Also returning is Trey Marrow (who saw plenty of reps at cornerback and only get better as the year progressed this season).

Willie Presley will return to handle the place kicking duties. Presley and Sweatt also return to handle the kick return duties.

The young guys will also be back and I believe some of them could play next season and help the team. Johnny Henry and Jonathan Barnes are two good looking young linemen who will only get better and better. Alec Szostecki could be a good player on offense and defense. Clayton Forsythe will be a very good linebacker when all is said and done. Jonathan Capps, Perry Murray, and Caleb Johnson can all be contributors in the future. This year's middle school team at Cheatham Middle had an impressive season and next year Desmond Sweatt's younger brother will lead a very talented crop of freshmen who will come into fall practice eager to contribute.

All in all I think things look very bright for Cheatham County Cubs Football in 2013 & BEYOND! The schedule for the next 2 years is finalized and will feature the following:

District Contests: White House, White House-Heritage, Westmoreland, Greenbrier, Sycamore, Harpeth

Non-District Contests: Nashville Christian, Clarksville Academy, Creek Wood, Fairview

Now comes the biggest question of them all..........will the CHEATHAM COUNTY LEADERS step up and realize that athletics does matter and in the grand scheme of things we are lacking right now????????????????????

When you only receive a head coaching supplement + a grand total of $3,000 for two assistant coaching supplements then that my friends is just not enough!

Cody Finley has been the head football coach at Cheatham County Central High School from 2002-2012 (11 years). During those 11 years he has compiled an overall win/loss record of 67-55 and has guided the football program to the TSSAA State Playoffs 8 times. Coach Finley is a "no nonsense" type of guy who demands effort from the kids and as a result has been the most successful football coach in the school's history. When you go all the way back to 1970 when CCCHS first opened it's doors you'll clearly see that the success of Coach Finley stands out. This season on the way to 12-0 the Cubs did it with 4 coaches who made the practices on a daily basis. On Friday nights they sometimes had 6 coaches however only 3 of them are actually paid.

If you call around the state and compare what these coaches receive to places like Metro/Nashville, Robertson, Sumner, Montgomery, Dickson, Humphreys, Stewart, Wilson, Williamson, Rutherford, Hickman, Marshall, Giles, Lewis, and Coffee Counties and what they receive you'd quickly see that it doesn't even compare. Cheatham ranks behind them all in total # of supplements given AND in total amount of pay per each supplement.

Something just doesn't add up there......