FCS vs. Wilson Central

Commanderbra

Calling yourself the "Premier program" is like Carson-Newman College claiming to be the premier college football program in TN by winning NAIA & D2 National Championships. They may have more national championships in the last 30 years than UT or Vanderbilt, but they are nowhere close to being as good on the field. (well maybe CN could beat the Vols this year..., but that is beside the point... LOL). Winning NAIA Championships doesn't get you in the conversation with the big boys.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so teams like yours might win a playoff game, aint'one!!

Like I've said for the past 10 years to you. Win a playoff game then your opinions will hold water outside Carthage. Until then all I hear coming outta your post is blah, blah, blah. Sorry dude!

SC has gone to the semis twice in the last 10 years. Blah...blah...blah. So...I guess you can listen now.... :idea: Mr. volzchump...actually...except for the last couple of years...your playoff success is about like ours.. Every time we inquire on playing you...we get crickets too... <_<

Edited by Antwan

Friendship never called Coach Dedman two years ago. It never happened. I don't care who your source is. Like I said, I'll take it to the grave that it never happened. It's 100% fact that Friendship never called Wilson Central or Lebanon.

Wilson Central's top athlete was a freshman? I know who you are referring to, but that athlete did not even start at Wilson Central. Also, Shadowens won a state championship with two freshmen starting in Deon Meadows (signed with Marshall) and Jeremiah Bryson (who signed with Pittsburgh but transferred to MTSU). Great logic there buddy!

You rip MJ by saying they are not elite. You are not elite. You are irrelevant. No one in Wilson County other than Watertown care anything about what you guys do.

Top 2014 recruit got exposed? Did you watch the game? They sent Malone deep on one play and guess what? He scored. Why? Speed! Anyways, it was a jamboree. It's bad when you grasp for straws by pulling out scores in a jamboree. What's next? Scrimmages?

Also, I've still got a title to win as well partner. And we sure as heck aren't playing powerhouse Marion County who got beat by powerhouse Hixon earlier this year.

Lebanon and Portland are well below average for AAA and would not be able to consistently defeat "Elite" level 1a & 2a programs.

Portland was A for many years before they went to the 5 classifications in 1993. We were placed in 3A with one of the largest enrollments for 12 years where we went 123-33, reaching the playoffs all 12 years. We played in 2 quarterfinals, 1 semi-final, and three State Championships, where we won in 2000. After 2004 we moved up to 4A for four years and went 12-29 with only 1 playoff appearance. In 2009 we moved up to 5A in this new, whatever you want to call it system. We were 1-29 before this season at that level. We also are one of the smallest 5A schools. This years team would beat several 1A and 2A teams, even some of your so-called "Elite" teams, and only went 5-6 at the AAA level. The bottom line is, more people, more opportunities to get better players. Use common sense.

Edited by PPride

Lol you're a great read! I wish we'd play one of the big publics just to shut you up. I'd love to have like a 8 year contract with one of the publics cause any coach can call the other when they know they'll have 2 up years and the other team is gonna have 2 down years. I'd like to see how we competed over a 8 year span

That'd be great. I honestly wish it were Lebanon as well. That would really give you guys a reality check. For once, it would shut up the boys in Possumtown. Then, you guys could once again drift back into irrelevance. Good luck next season against Mt. Juliet Christian!

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /mnt/wwwroot/boards/conf_global.php:1) in /mnt/wwwroot/boards/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 323

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /mnt/wwwroot/boards/conf_global.php:1) in /mnt/wwwroot/boards/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 326

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /mnt/wwwroot/boards/conf_global.php:1) in /mnt/wwwroot/boards/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 327

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /mnt/wwwroot/boards/conf_global.php:1) in /mnt/wwwroot/boards/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328

Portland was A for many years before they went to the 5 classifications in 1993. We were placed in 3A with one of the largest enrollments for 12 years where we went 123-33, reaching the playoffs all 12 years. We played in 2 quarterfinals, 1 semi-final, and three State Championships, where we won in 2000. After 2004 we moved up to 4A for four years and went 12-29 with only 1 playoff appearance. In 2009 we moved up to 5A in this new, whatever you want to call it system. We were 1-29 before this season at that level. We also are one of the smallest 5A schools. This years team would beat several 1A and 2A teams, even some of your so-called "Elite" teams, and only went 5-6 at the AAA level. The bottom line is, more people, more opportunities to get better players. Use common sense.

Now that FCS can officially recruit they should get better. It won't matter how small their school is.

That'd be great. I honestly wish it were Lebanon as well. That would really give you guys a reality check. For once, it would shut up the boys in Possumtown. Then, you guys could once again drift back into irrelevance. Good luck next season against Mt. Juliet Christian!

Reality check? Apparently you need one. Ltown woulda handled us in the past, but our teams got to Lebanons level and have passed them. Up next is WC, we'd only need to recruit a few studs to surpass them, after that is MJ and well it'll take quite a few recruits for that, but hey we're D2 now so look out!

You haven't passed anyone buddy. Despite the horrible state of Lebanon's current program, people still have more respect for them. It's probably because they don't play in a district with Pickett County, Red Boiling Springs, and Clay County. All are teams that good AAA freshmen teams could easily beat. Like I said, I'd love for Lebanon to give you a reality check.

Let's not get carried away. When you go D2, you are not going in there with Ensworth, MBA, or Brentwood Academy. You are with DCA, Webb, Davidson Academy, and others like that. Those aren't exactly great competition either, but I will admit it is 10 times better than what you got now.

With your recruiting, it's not going to change much from what it is now. You will recruit kids who have a focus in baseball and won't get on the field early at your AAA schools. These kids that would rather play in front of 500 people at a FCS-DCA game instead of 6,000+ at a MJ-Beech, WC-Beech, or MJ-WC game. Big loss!

FYI, no one in Wilson County cares that you went D2 except Watertown because they don't have to play you now. You are irrelevant not premier.

You haven't passed anyone buddy. Despite the horrible state of Lebanon's current program, people still have more respect for them. It's probably because they don't play in a district with Pickett County, Red Boiling Springs, and Clay County. All are teams that good AAA freshmen teams could easily beat. Like I said, I'd love for Lebanon to give you a reality check.

Let's not get carried away. When you go D2, you are not going in there with Ensworth, MBA, or Brentwood Academy. You are with DCA, Webb, Davidson Academy, and others like that. Those aren't exactly great competition either, but I will admit it is 10 times better than what you got now.

With your recruiting, it's not going to change much from what it is now. You will recruit kids who have a focus in baseball and won't get on the field early at your AAA schools. These kids that would rather play in front of 500 people at a FCS-DCA game instead of 6,000+ at a MJ-Beech, WC-Beech, or MJ-WC game. Big loss!

FYI, no one in Wilson County cares that you went D2 except Watertown because they don't have to play you now. You are irrelevant not premier.

sounds like somebody's kid didn't get the invite to play in Possumtown, you are certainly a venomous individual