DII-AA State Semifinals

WesVLT

Ensworth Defense has no weakness. It is highly unlikely that they will give up more than 2 touchdowns. Unless MUS can get a few takeaways and a defensive/special teams score or two I think Ensworth will roll to a 3-4 touchdown victory. That being said, MUS is responsible for nearly 25% of the point Ensworth has allowed all season. Ensworth has allowed 121 points in 12 games and MUS scored 28 of them. However, I don't see that happening again unless Ensworth scores about 49 or 56 and the scores come late.

Yes 11. Including bad snaps, the muffed kickoff that we recovered, and the 3 fumbles in the second have that we recovered. 11.

You're funny. And wrong. The OFFICIAL stats, posted on the MUS website with a PLAY-BY-PLAY recap, lists 7 fumbles in the first half and that does include the bad snap, which was a fumble but not a "fumble lost" because BA never recovered it. There were 2 fumbles in the second half. 7 + 2 = 9 total with 4 "lost" all in the first half. Nice try. Open mouth. Insert foot. Again. LOL

Edited by owlbooster

Ensworth Defense has no weakness. It is highly unlikely that they will give up more than 2 touchdowns. Unless MUS can get a few takeaways and a defensive/special teams score or two I think Ensworth will roll to a 3-4 touchdown victory. That being said, MUS is responsible for nearly 25% of the point Ensworth has allowed all season. Ensworth has allowed 121 points in 12 games and MUS scored 28 of them. However, I don't see that happening again unless Ensworth scores about 49 or 56 and the scores come late.

What position(s) does Ferby play? Height? Weight? Your athletic site on the web is the worst I have ever seen. Unless I am missing something, the only info you can access are schedules and results. No roster in particular. The "secrecy" seems to be a bit much.

Edited by owlbooster

For what it's worth, Barry Ray, a former MUS football coach, now the Principal and one of the MUS broadcast crew, IMMEDIATELY after the flag was thrown called the infraction as an "illegal receiver down field" Don't think he just pulled that out of his hat. For what it's worth....

As for the 100yd KO return, I have watched that replay numerous times and have decided that NOBODY other the the ref standing at the goal line could make that call and that he almost certainly got it right, i.e., that the ball did not "cross the plane" (even though Sanders was behind the goal line)

These are all moot points. Time for all to stop nitpicking and move on....

You are still missing what I am saying. The ref gave the receiver an ok as to where he lined up. That is why you always see receivers and refs communicating in some way before a snap. For the ref to then call a penalty on the receiver he just gave an ok tells the whole story of BA and the TSSAA.

You are still missing what I am saying. The ref gave the receiver an ok as to where he lined up. That is why you always see receivers and refs communicating in some way before a snap. For the ref to then call a penalty on the receiver he just gave an ok tells the whole story of BA and the TSSAA.

I understood you to to say that the "guilty" player conferred with a ref, who said he was lined up OK, when he must NOT have been for Coach Ray and presumably some other ref(s) to have seen it and made the call. Otherwise the conferring ref is a conspirator for the TSSAA against BA. Sounds a bit crazy to me.

I understood you to to say that the "guilty" player conferred with a ref, who said he was lined up OK, when he must NOT have been for Coach Ray and presumably some other ref(s) to have seen it and made the call. Otherwise the conferring ref is a conspirator for the TSSAA against BA. Sounds a bit crazy to me.

Come on man. First of all, who is coach Ray? Second of all, obviously he helps the refs make calls on the field according to what you're saying, especially right in front of his bench. Thirdly, it was the same ref that gave the ok who called the penalty. Dude, you are trying to argue when you don't even know the FACTS. Please don't respond to this as it does not matter anymore. Just had to set you straight.

There was a question from an earlier post about Coach Ray?? This is Barry Ray who ran the MUS defense for about 15 years when MUS had some excellent teams (pre-split). Currently Barry is the principal of either the MUS high school or middle school. He is an excellent coach and an even better man, and certainly he knows football and the rules of football, FYI.

Ensworth has no weaknesses on defense ?? that's a pretty bold statement. I have seen jsut a few really dominant defenses in high school (BA 1995, MBA 1999 to name 2 most recent) and this Ensworth defense is not at that level, in my opinion. And yes, the earlier post(er) was correct when he said that Ensworth has given up few points this year - and I would say that the league is down a bit this year....MBA and BA - not great teams; MUS a good passing team but certainly not well rounded. Some of the lack of scoring is a result of weaker offensive teams that the Tigers have had to defend. Ensworth is better against the run than it is defending the pass - I am looking forward to watching the final game.

Come on man. First of all, who is coach Ray? Second of all, obviously he helps the refs make calls on the field according to what you're saying, especially right in front of his bench. Thirdly, it was the same ref that gave the ok who called the penalty. Dude, you are trying to argue when you don't even know the FACTS. Please don't respond to this as it does not matter anymore. Just had to set you straight.

Can't you remember or did you even understand the salient point of my previous post ? "Coach" Ray was the broadcast crew member who IMMEDIATELY called the "illegal receiver down field" based on what he had just SEEN. Your "entrapment" story "conspiracy" theory (not FACTS) about the player getting "clearance" and then getting screwed by an anti-BA ref is shrill and juvenile. DUDE

Edited by owlbooster

Can't you remember or did you even understand the salient point of my previous post ? "Coach" Ray was the broadcast crew member who IMMEDIATELY called the "illegal receiver down field" based on what he had just SEEN. Your "entrapment" story "conspiracy" theory (not FACTS) about the player getting "clearance" and then getting screwed by an anti-BA ref is shrill and juvenile. DUDE

This matters not one iota at his point and as such i've been ignoring this thread because BA lost and our season is over and nothing can be done about it. That said and at the risk of "outing myself", once you imply my son is a liar then i'm forced to respond esp as you were not on the field and have ZERO knowledge of what went on (nor were the b-casters). Like any good WR, my son communicates with the ref all of the time when lining up outside. You can see it on every game tape. And he indeed did so on the play referenced. He walked thru it with me and others. He gestured to the ref that he was off, also stated it and indeed got a response back from the ref. I just went onto hudl and watched it again and you can see him communicating with the ref (as you can on many other plays when he lines up outside). In fact in the 2 yrs my son has been on the field he has never had 1 penalty called on him. The coaches showed the boys even "tighter" film and it is even more obvious. I could care less about any theory about why it was called. It was and that's how it is. And as i said it matters not at this point - game is over and we are done, and we had plenty of chances to win but did not do it - one play did not make a diff in this game. And he had a great season even if it did end sooner than he wanted it to. You seem to think however that you have the market on what you think are the "facts" when in fact they are not the facts. Again i would not even had bothered to respond to your nonsense as i've learned from reading threads with your posts that you seem to be one of those who must always have the last word, but again you went over the line here. My son comes on to coacht just to see what is being discussed and he pointed out your baloney to me and said, "was this guy on the field? is he a coach? he seems to think he has the answer for everything that went on and wants to tell off everyone who has another opinion". As he said, I (my son) was on the field for the play in question - the poster was not. anyway don't disappoint me, get that last word in

• Upvote 1