DII-AA State Semifinals

WesVLT

There was a question from an earlier post about Coach Ray?? This is Barry Ray who ran the MUS defense for about 15 years when MUS had some excellent teams (pre-split). Currently Barry is the principal of either the MUS high school or middle school. He is an excellent coach and an even better man, and certainly he knows football and the rules of football, FYI.

Ensworth has no weaknesses on defense ?? that's a pretty bold statement. I have seen jsut a few really dominant defenses in high school (BA 1995, MBA 1999 to name 2 most recent) and this Ensworth defense is not at that level, in my opinion. And yes, the earlier post(er) was correct when he said that Ensworth has given up few points this year - and I would say that the league is down a bit this year....MBA and BA - not great teams; MUS a good passing team but certainly not well rounded. Some of the lack of scoring is a result of weaker offensive teams that the Tigers have had to defend. Ensworth is better against the run than it is defending the pass - I am looking forward to watching the final game.

Every starting defensive back has Division 1 offers, they are fast and are some of the hardest hitters in the league and you can count on one hand how many passing touchdowns they have given up this year. I think that you should credit the defensive backs of Ensworth before you blame their success on "Weaker than usual opponents"

This matters not one iota at his point and as such i've been ignoring this thread because BA lost and our season is over and nothing can be done about it. That said and at the risk of "outing myself", once you imply my son is a liar then i'm forced to respond esp as you were not on the field and have ZERO knowledge of what went on (nor were the b-casters). Like any good WR, my son communicates with the ref all of the time when lining up outside. You can see it on every game tape. And he indeed did so on the play referenced. He walked thru it with me and others. He gestured to the ref that he was off, also stated it and indeed got a response back from the ref. I just went onto hudl and watched it again and you can see him communicating with the ref (as you can on many other plays when he lines up outside). In fact in the 2 yrs my son has been on the field he has never had 1 penalty called on him. The coaches showed the boys even "tighter" film and it is even more obvious. I could care less about any theory about why it was called. It was and that's how it is. And as i said it matters not at this point - game is over and we are done, and we had plenty of chances to win but did not do it - one play did not make a diff in this game. And he had a great season even if it did end sooner than he wanted it to. You seem to think however that you have the market on what you think are the "facts" when in fact they are not the facts. Again i would not even had bothered to respond to your nonsense as i've learned from reading threads with your posts that you seem to be one of those who must always have the last word, but again you went over the line here. My son comes on to coacht just to see what is being discussed and he pointed out your baloney to me and said, "was this guy on the field? is he a coach? he seems to think he has the answer for everything that went on and wants to tell off everyone who has another opinion". As he said, I (my son) was on the field for the play in question - the poster was not. anyway don't disappoint me, get that last word in

You're right. Last word. Otherwise you had the last word.....

In the category of getting your facts straight, podner, Your son TriState came on here (post #40) in response to Owlfan2012 (post #36) NOT me. For what reason we can only imagine, he implied that a ref suckered him your son into a (crucial) penalty by first giving him "clearance" then turning around and screwing him with a penalty call - "intentional" he called it later. Because the ref is anti-BA as is the TSSAA. That's a pretty serious allegation and a bit ridiculous to anybody outside the boy's father and perhaps his pals. A "trained observer" saw it as a penalty as did the other refs (since they did not question it) Any pre-play conversation on the field doesn't negate what actually happened on the play. Maybe their there was a "communication breakdown" between the ref and your son.....

MUS does not allow their players to post on the web. I think that's good advice.

Edited by owlbooster

Your son came on here implying that a ref suckered him into a (crucial) penalty by first giving him "clearance" then turning around and screwing him with a penalty call. Because he's anti-BA as is the TSSAA. That's a pretty serious allegation and a bit ridiculous to anybody outside the boy's father and perhaps his pals. Maybe their was a "communication breakdown" between the ref and your son.

MUS does not allow their players to post on the web. I think that's good advice.

i knew you had to make another comment. once again a stupid post - at least you're consistent. my son posted nothing here - i did buddy. and my comments did not remotely say anything about anti-BA. Your comment as such was ridiculous. And i did not say anything about anyone "suckering" anything - only what occurred. But of course you were right on that field and know it all - oh brother. Pls restate the quote where i said anything about bias or where my son posted anything. I'll give you 1000 bucks if you can do so. you obviously have some comprehension issues. By the way - it's "there" . "Their" is possessive. Whew you are a piece of work and one that has some issues understanding basic english.

In the category of getting your facts straight, podner, your son came on here (post #40) in response to Owlfan2012 (post #36) NOT me. For what reason we can only imagine, he implied that a ref suckered him into a (crucial) penalty by first giving him "clearance" then turning around and screwing him with a penalty call - "intentional" he called it later. Because the ref is anti-BA as is the TSSAA. That's a pretty serious allegation and a bit ridiculous to anybody outside the boy's father and perhaps his pals. A "trained observer" saw it as a penalty as did the other refs (since they did not question it) Any pre-play conversation on the field doesn't negate what actually happened on the play. Maybe there was a "communication breakdown" between the ref and your son....

looks like you changed your post - hate to break it to you but tristate is not my son podner. he does not post and laughs at stuff like your baloney. i'm sure you'll have more to keep this going - have at it

looks like you changed your post - hate to break it to you but tristate is not my son podner. he does not post and laughs at stuff like your baloney. i'm sure you'll have more to keep this going - have at it

OK. TriState is not your son. Picked that up pretty quickly when you went ballistic. He made the posts in 3rd person, not 1st. My mistake. But he did have intimate knowledge of the "facts" involving your son, so it was not an illogical assumption once you had ID'd your son as the infractor. I made the changes to set the record straight.. My apologies to your son for the mistake but not to you who have reverted basically to name-calling. Stupid....Baloney.....Ridiculous.... Nonsense..... You know what they say - when you can't win the argument......As for the grammatical slip with "their/there?" That's the best you can do to slur my grammar of all things? Pathetic.

BTW I never said YOU had said or implied any of those things you were enumerating. It was TriState, So why did you think it was you and get indignant and (more) hostile? Are you also posting under the name TriState? You've got "comprehension" issues too apparently. So forget the $1000 bet. And get the sand out of your...........

Go on. Make another post. Preferably an audio of "the conversation" for everybody to hear so we can realize the treachery of the TSSAA and its refs. But be careful. I might surprise you and leave you with the "last word" and hence you would be subject to your own ridicule for being the last poster. LOL It's really amusing when the parents get as histrionic as the students and you can't tell them apart....and especially bad form when you are the losers talking about the refs....

Edited by owlbooster

Every starting defensive back has Division 1 offers, they are fast and are some of the hardest hitters in the league and you can count on one hand how many passing touchdowns they have given up this year. I think that you should credit the defensive backs of Ensworth before you blame their success on "Weaker than usual opponents"

You are taking what I posted out of context. I wrote the earlier post in response to earlier comments that Ensworth has no weaknesses on Defense (and really no defense has "no" weaknesses). In response to comments about E's defense giving up so few points, I suggested that the league was down a bit this year. The E defense is not the best defense to ever play in this league: again -- MBA 1999 AND 2000, Ryan 1997 are two i can remember - However, I will certainly agree that Ensworth has "some" very talented and experienced players and are very well coached and have really improved during the season. This is my opinion but let's not take posts out of context and manipulate information. I do not have a dog in the hunt and comment objectively. When people are on this site merely pumping their team, it is annoying.

I have intimate knowledge of the receiver/ref communication from talking with the receiver coach from BA who saw on Hudl film the receiver signaling the ref, and the ref giving the ok to the receiver. The coach then had a conversation with the receiver and heard his account.

The simple fact is it is a travesty for the ref to give the ok to a young man and then call the da** penalty. It does not matter whether or not he was lined up too close to line of scrimmage.