MBA

BigRedDog00

Losing 4 games to 3 schools that have more or less sold their souls to make football the number one priority hardly makes this season a forgettable year. That being said nothing exceptional about this season either.

So BA, MUS and Ensworth have all "sold their souls" to make football the number one priority? This from the one school in D2 that has been caught and punished for cheating/recruiting?????? Somehow I doubt that the very successful basketball, baseball, track, etc. athletes at those schools would agree that it is all about football at any one of the three.

Since you saw fit to try to diminish the accomplishments of other schools, I would like to point out that it was very classy last night when the MBA students used amplified electronic music and air horns in an unsuccessful (and illegal) attempt to disrupt the Ensworth offense during play. Even worse, and somewhat more successful, was the MBA amplified music used in an attempt to drown out the Ensworth student halftime show. Many on our side of the field were somewhat surprised that your administration and parents did nothing to try to quash this "enthusiasm". Are you in the process of removing the word "gentlemen" from what appears to be an outdated motto?

MBA has a very good team this year; and, certainly a fine football program. Also, few would argue that MBA is on of the best schools in the South. Ensworth, MBA, and Brentwood Academy all want to be as good (in football) as possible (MBA included). When MBA was winning numerous DII football championships during the last 14 years, it was because MBA was better coached and smarter than their competition. But, when MBA loses, it is because the other team has better players; AND is cheating to get those players. Let's don't kid ourselves, all schools in DII have recruiting systems in place to locate and recruit (sometimes within the rules) good athletes who may or may not be good fits for the school. Ensworth has a great team. Certainly a disproportionate number of Ensworth's better players are not part of the natural draw -- so what? Many of MBA's better players are not part of MBA's natural draw either. Part of having a good program in DII is being able to get good players; and certainly it's best for the school if those players will buy in to the values of the school - in that case, it's a win - win situation. Wanting to be good (and getting good players) in football is not selling your soul. Also, footbal already is a HIGH priority at MBA, Ensworth, and Brentwood Academy.

MBA has a very good team this year; and, certainly a fine football program. Also, few would argue that MBA is on of the best schools in the South. Ensworth, MBA, and Brentwood Academy all want to be as good (in football) as possible (MBA included). When MBA was winning numerous DII football championships during the last 14 years, it was because MBA was better coached and smarter than their competition. But, when MBA loses, it is because the other team has better players; AND is cheating to get those players. Let's don't kid ourselves, all schools in DII have recruiting systems in place to locate and recruit (sometimes within the rules) good athletes who may or may not be good fits for the school. Ensworth has a great team. Certainly a disproportionate number of Ensworth's better players are not part of the natural draw -- so what? Many of MBA's better players are not part of MBA's natural draw either. Part of having a good program in DII is being able to get good players; and certainly it's best for the school if those players will buy in to the values of the school - in that case, it's a win - win situation. Wanting to be good (and getting good players) in football is not selling your soul. Also, footbal already is a HIGH priority at MBA, Ensworth, and Brentwood Academy.

Well said.

Are you in the process of removing the word "gentlemen" from what appears to be an outdated motto?

The first post in this thread was from a fan not only showing support for his school but also, and more noticeably, extending support for a bitter rival. And how was that response met? With a verbal jab from a poster who supports that bitter rival who joined the site yesterday just to antagonize and bring up dirty laundry (and whose first post was duly deleted by CoachT - e-mail CoachT if you want the details of what was deleted; as a father, I don't think you would have been proud if your son made such a post).

Let's not forget the side of the ledger from which the "diminishing" began. One "in search of truth" would know that not having "gentleman" in a boy/man's school motto shouldn't preclude that boy/man from striving to be one. Why you chose to give the first ungentlemanly response a pass but attack the second one seems a tad hypocritical in such a discussion of how a man comports himself.

The first post in this thread had the potential to engender some positive discussion but quickly degenerated into a glass house from which we throw our stones - another shining example of how low these boards have sunk.

Losing 4 games to 3 schools that have more or less sold their souls to make football the number one priority hardly makes this season a forgettable year. That being said nothing exceptional about this season either.

My recollection is that we lost to Trinity, BA, and Ensworth. I don't believe any of them have had recent wins/championships stripped from them. I think for the next decade or so, we probably need to be careful how we toss about accusations of impropriety.

• Upvote 1

KW - you're right on. A post that had little thought. Sold our soulsl? yeah we all send our kids to private schools for football. Lol. I have 5 in private school and only 1 plays football. This state ranks 38th in public school education in the USA and we sacrifice to send our kids to private schools for football? yeah makes sense to me.

I've visited multiple colleges with my kids (srs) the past yr and i am more than aware of how they rank HSs in TN. Sorry to disappoint the poster but other than williamson county schools the privates are at the top of the list. You can spout all you want but i'll be happy to send you a list of schools- villianova, georgetown, ivies, UNC, UVA, michigan, davidson, and on and on. Far more than football. I find it amazing that people think kids only attend PSs for sports. Sports end for 99.9% of kids- education doesn't.

KW - you're right on. A post that had little thought. Sold our soulsl? yeah we all send our kids to private schools for football. Lol. I have 5 in private school and only 1 plays football. This state ranks 38th in public school education in the USA and we sacrifice to send our kids to private schools for football? yeah makes sense to me.

I've visited multiple colleges with my kids (srs) the past yr and i am more than aware of how they rank HSs in TN. Sorry to disappoint the poster but other than williamson county schools the privates are at the top of the list. You can spout all you want but i'll be happy to send you a list of schools- villianova, georgetown, ivies, UNC, UVA, michigan, davidson, and on and on. Far more than football. I find it amazing that people think kids only attend PSs for sports. Sports end for 99.9% of kids- education doesn't.

38th in public education? You're being kind! ;)