Beech at North Side-Semifinals

olddevil

It would be a great story. Give props to the North Side head coach Tab Vowell. He went and got Tony Bonds (an offensive lineman at Ole Miss) from Alabama. He got rid of Scott Courtney (current D-Cord at Riverside) and Shane Jacobs (current D-Cord at Trenton Peabody). He clean out his coaching staff except one, and got new experience coaches that can coach, like Jim Glover.

I am very surprise for the Indians for coming from 2-8 last year to 13-1 this year. Good luck to Beech!

Cubs, like your stuff cause your a NS fan but you got it wrong on the coaches at NSHS! Coach Vowell did not clean out his coaching staff! They left because they wanted to live where they are coaching now due to family circumstances! NSHS was just very fortunate for Jim Glover and Tony Bonds to be looking for jobs and they chose to come to NSHS! The only coaches that were went and got as you say we're former players of Coach Vowell's at JCM and they were Erit Turner and Ryan Scott!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly! What was that about JNS fans?

I have no idea what happened, I did not see it. I was told that there was a former player from last year that was a Senior. He goes to some college in Nashville and came down to watch the game. I don't know why he was on the sideline, he had no buisness being on the sideline, a lot of former Indians were in the stands, cheering for North Side. He could've easily be just like them. But no he was not a coach.

Cubs, like your stuff cause your a NS fan but you got it wrong on the coaches at NSHS! Coach Vowell did not clean out his coaching staff! They left because they wanted to live where they are coaching now due to family circumstances! NSHS was just very fortunate for Jim Glover and Tony Bonds to be looking for jobs and they chose to come to NSHS! The only coaches that were went and got as you say we're former players of Coach Vowell's at JCM and they were Erit Turner and Ryan Scott!

you are basically right. But when they went 12-1 two years ago, they had a defensive coordnaitor name Jay Emmons. In late July, Jay recived an offer by a college in Illionis, he accept the offer. That is when Scott Courtney came and he game up 30 points a game. So since Tab Vowell knew the upcoming seniors was a good group, he would've gotten rid of Scott Courtney anyway. Shane Jacobs wife had an offer to be the head womens basketball coach at Bradford, she accept that offer, and that is when Joe Gaddias accepted Shane Jacobs as their D-Cord. Jim Glover left McNairy Central for North Side. Then Erit Turner came in the spring. Ryan Scott came in early June.

By The Way how do you know all of this.

I am a friend of the family, how do you know all that?

I am a North Side alumni, I try not to be a North Side homer, but I already gave that up on this topic.

I try to keep in touch with the following schools: North Side, JCM, Liberty, JCS, USJ, TCA, Crockett Co., S. Gibson, Milan, and Peabody.

And what do you mean friend of the family, I may know you personally?

That's fine! I have given Beech and Jalen Hurd their props! I just hate that Beech people want to make NS out to be an unworthy opponent! Everyone in the Nation knows why Beech is in the finals and I hope books will be written about him but there is an epic story to be told how an undersized, inexperienced group of kids coming off a 2-8 season can make it to the semi-finals of the state championships undefeated and have the highly touted, Beech Buccaneers on the ropes for 2 and a half quarters! That's a great story!

I don't think that NS was an unworthy opponent. You don't go 13-0 and not be a good team. Someone on here said Beech had not played a D as good as NS's. I always think that is a ridiculous statement to make unless you have seen all of Beech's games and watched NS's D play as well. NS was a very good team and Adam Craig was as good as advertised. I am amazed that he is not committed and ready to go to the next level by now. Beech felt like they could put up some points against NS's D, and as it turned out, they were right. I was impressed with the hospitality and the atmosphere at NS. Our players had to put up with a little smack talk from fans as they walked to and from the locker room, but hey, all in good fun. NS and the city of Jackson should be very proud of this team. Edited by tandem

If NS's defense is terrible for giving up 500 yards? What does that make Beech's for giving up 507 yards? Most of NS's yards were gained before the game had been decided. A lot of Beech's yards were gained after the game had been decided, I am assuming trying to solidify Jalen Hurd gets the state record for single season rushing yards! I kept wondering why you would have your star in the game after it had been decided knowing you have to play for the championship next week and then I realized it was for the record!

Based on how good everyone said NS's O was I would say the game wasn't "decided" until Carter scored with 10:00 to go to put Beech up 50-31. JHurd had 37 yds after that, so he gained over 90% of his yds while the game was still on the line.