Cannon County Coach quits!

Gridiron88

haha, too top it all from what I've been told today, without holding

any interviews what so ever, they hired a fool of an assist Coach already on staff. haha guy couldn't even coach middle school

much less run a hs program! So apparently if your family has money in this town you can buy or "donate" your family into any position that you want..Watch out dodgen and rigsby, you could be next! HAHAHAHA pathetic!

If the new coach is who I think it is, I’m sure there will be several negative comments regarding how he got the job. In the past, these comments are pointed more at his family and he gets discounted as a result. It is my opinion that if Cannon County football has any chance of becoming successful, the program will need 100% support from the community including his family. It’s puzzling why people are so outraged by one family’s support of a high school football program. Some would say their goal is to promote their son(s) and their business. I would argue that personal gain or advertisement is not their motivation. Rather, it’s an effort to create positive lifelong memories for the every player on the team. Those that have issues with this “family with money†are failing to see something very important and incredibly simple. Their success didn’t happen because of stupidity or luck; it happened over years of smart business decisions and a commitment to hard work. If anything, their support should be embraced. It’s no different than the board of directors at a bank. They invite successful people as board members to help make quality decisions that will ensure the bank's future success. Maybe a “family with money†supporting a high school football program isn’t such a bad thing. Perhaps their success will rub off. I will leave you with one last comment to consider. I wonder if the “Ensworth faithful†demonize Tim McGraw for his support of their program.

Edited by supportcannon

I don't know their family, but sounds like they have put many of years into their business and just like any business owner, had their ups and downs. Congrats to the family of riches! To be a great coach you have to pay your dues and be under someone for years to gain knowledge of how to run a program and find yourself as a coach!! Don't know anything about CC and wish them nothing but the best. I know they use to be loaded with female and male athletes.

If the new coach is who I think it is, I’m sure there will be several negative comments regarding how he got the job. In the past, these comments are pointed more at his family and he gets discounted as a result. It is my opinion that if Cannon County football has any chance of becoming successful, the program will need 100% support from the community including his family. It’s puzzling why people are so outraged by one family’s support of a high school football program. Some would say their goal is to promote their son(s) and their business. I would argue that personal gain or advertisement is not their motivation. Rather, it’s an effort to create positive lifelong memories for the every player on the team. Those that have issues with this “family with money†are failing to see something very important and incredibly simple. Their success didn’t happen because of stupidity or luck; it happened over years of smart business decisions and a commitment to hard work. If anything, their support should be embraced. It’s no different than the board of directors at a bank. They invite successful people as board members to help make quality decisions that will ensure the bank's future success. Maybe a “family with money†supporting a high school football program isn’t such a bad thing. Perhaps their success will rub off. I will leave you with one last comment to consider. I wonder if the “Ensworth faithful†demonize Tim McGraw for his support of their program.

This is so far off the point.. The example you give is ridiculous. There's a difference in a family with money supporting a program, and someone automatically getting a job because of who they are. Say it all you want, but I've seen it for years in small communities. People with better qualifications get passed up every other day to someone who knows the right people.

Interesting that this is your first post.